After playing Batman...

I'm even more sure that I want to see a Wolf Season 2. Playing as a detective and making links in the Batman was so interesting and different. Bigby Wolf might not have all that cool tech, but he has his senses and instincts. I would love to see how a season two would work with Bigby using his detective skills to solve more crimes in Fabletown using some of the techniques that we got from the Batman game. Modified, of course, to fit his character. I still have hope that it will happen someday.

Comments

• They're probably not gonna do a sequel to Wolf since they don't have the rights to make another one. If it's any conciliation, you could just consider Batman to be a spiritual successor kinda like Guardians of the Galaxy probably will be for Tales from the Borderlands.

• There's no saying they cant reaquire them at some point.

ralo229 posted: »

They're probably not gonna do a sequel to Wolf since they don't have the rights to make another one. If it's any conciliation, you could jus

• True, but contractual negotiations are a lot more complicated and time consuming than you might think. I'm not an expert on the subject, but you could probably ask around if you want more details on that.

KCohere posted: »

There's no saying they cant reaquire them at some point.

• Personally i think it just comes down to the fact that the wolf among us was only a one season plan for Telltale. And seeing how they apparently have the comics following the post events of the game i think that is the best wolf among us fans are going to get. And considering how telltale has 3 projects going it's best if they don't add on another one because we know how that works out.

True, but contractual negotiations are a lot more complicated and time consuming than you might think. I'm not an expert on the subject, but you could probably ask around if you want more details on that.

• If that was the case, then they shouldn't have made it so damn good and have us wanting more. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

I'm not one of those people who thinks they should only do one project at a time. If that was the case, we wouldn't have great games like Tales and Wolf to choose from.

Chibikid posted: »

Personally i think it just comes down to the fact that the wolf among us was only a one season plan for Telltale. And seeing how they appare

• Considering the similarities and multiple Wolf Among Us references in Batman from Zephyr poster to music band poster to "see you around" which has definitely become the main Wolf tagline. My guess is Telltale are in the final stages of renegotiating Wolf Among Us. And I agree that they should do something similar in the detective aspect. Maybe lines of smoke for scents. And places to listen in on.

• I hope thats true. I also noticed those "easter eggs". I just hate the thought of this universe only getting one shot.

LukaszB posted: »

Considering the similarities and multiple Wolf Among Us references in Batman from Zephyr poster to music band poster to "see you around" whi

• Vertigo are known for being very difficult to negotiate rights with, especially Fables.

True, but contractual negotiations are a lot more complicated and time consuming than you might think. I'm not an expert on the subject, but you could probably ask around if you want more details on that.

• But there is a 20 year gap between TWAU and Fables issue 1... Lot of room for more imo.

Personally i think it just comes down to the fact that the wolf among us was only a one season plan for Telltale. And seeing how they appare

• I have heard that and i'm sure it is true but i think if Telltale was really willing to make a season 2 both parties could come to mutual terms.

HazzatheMan posted: »

Vertigo are known for being very difficult to negotiate rights with, especially Fables.

• Yep, they literally could write about anything.

HazzatheMan posted: »

But there is a 20 year gap between TWAU and Fables issue 1... Lot of room for more imo.

• ... They had to make rewrites after they released Ep.1

Vertigo may not think they can handle the material properly?

I have heard that and i'm sure it is true but i think if Telltale was really willing to make a season 2 both parties could come to mutual terms.

• That's actually why I was happy to see a Batman TT game. DC owes its name to Batman as DC is short for Detective Comics. I agree that playing as a cop or detective in TT is good as you can be good, bad, or neutral and it still will make a good story.

• I think it would make a good marriage. The vast lore of the Fables universe mixed with the techniques from the Batman series.

That's actually why I was happy to see a Batman TT game. DC owes its name to Batman as DC is short for Detective Comics. I agree that playing as a cop or detective in TT is good as you can be good, bad, or neutral and it still will make a good story.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.