*SPOILERS* Season 2 Ending - Christmas, Soda Jerk Birthday - what?

edited August 2009 in Sam & Max
So, I just finished Season 2 like five minutes ago, and have to say: amazing!Haven't enjoyed a game this much for quite a long time.

But what I didn't get was, the ending where Sam and Max got into that pit, and were saved by their past selves, I thought it was supposed to be a future christmas they were saved on, but the last episode didn't look anything like christmas, and neither did S1E2 where the Soda Poppers had birthday, and they had birthday in this episode again (so, I guess, one year went), but still, both their birthdays didn't look like winter or christmas, and still it was supposed to be the future christmas of themselves they saved in S2E1.

How that?

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Sanin92 wrote: »
    So, I just finished Season 2 like five minutes ago, and have to say: amazing!Haven't enjoyed a game this much for quite a long time.

But what I didn't get was, the ending where Sam and Max got into that pit, and were saved by their past selves, I thought it was supposed to be a future christmas they were saved on, but the last episode didn't look anything like christmas, and neither did S1E2 where the Soda Poppers had birthday, and they had birthday in this episode again (so, I guess, one year went), but still, both their birthdays didn't look like winter or christmas, and still it was supposed to be the future christmas of themselves they saved in S2E1.

How that?

Well, you see, if they had been trapped there forever and died, that would have definitely ruined all of their future Christmases.
  • edited August 2009
    Well, you see, if they had been trapped there forever and died, that would have definitely ruined all of their future Christmases.

It all makes sense now.
  • edited August 2009
    It's Sam and Max. Since when did chronological continuity ever matter?

"Don't ever say chronological continuity ever again, Sam"
  • edited August 2009
    None of the time periods they go to are Christmas. Except maybe the past one. But probably the bug's family being around or Jimmy killing himself would have spoiled Christmas for Jimmy and the bug.

The characters in the games seem to have a very loose concept of of when something's Sam and Max's fault. The Soda Poppers take over Hell, fire Satan and cause the apocolypse, and it's Sam and Max's fault for smashing up Hell a little?
  • edited August 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    None of the time periods they go to are Christmas. Except maybe the past one. But probably the bug's family being around or Jimmy killing himself would have spoiled Christmas for Jimmy and the bug.

The characters in the games seem to have a very loose concept of of when something's Sam and Max's fault. The Soda Poppers take over Hell, fire Satan and cause the apocolypse, and it's Sam and Max's fault for smashing up Hell a little?

A little?
    That's a bit of an understatement. XD
    I guess you're right though. I didn't understand how it was their fault either. It seems that when something's not their fault and they just happen to be there, they get blamed, but when something is their fault, they always seem to get off the hook easily.
  • edited August 2009
    Yeah. And it seems like the only time they get blamed for something is when they do something good and it has unforseen bad consequences. They get a stolen item back before it can be fenced, and it's their fault the fence can't get his son his poeration. Isn't that more Jimmy's fault for conducting an illegal line of work in the office of two people who claim to be police? He probably should have seen that coming.

And Max wasn't to know that the pestilence doll would summon the bug's family and annoy him. And it's not Sam's fault at all. I'm pretty sure I remember him telling Max not to do it.

And then they get blamed for causing the apocolypse because they saved a few people from Hell. Isn't anyone else in the game held responsible for their own actions?

Note: I find this amusing, not upsetting. Don't tell me not to read too much into it.
  • edited August 2009
    Don't Well, there is the fact that if it weren't for Sam & Max none of these people would've been in Hell in the first place. And the Soda Poppers claim Sam & Max turned them onto the path to greater evil.
  • edited August 2009
    Harald B wrote: »
    And the Soda Poppers claim Sam & Max turned them onto the path to greater evil.

Although I never played season 2, I seen people play it, and from what I remember, wasnt it
    Hugh Blisses
    fault? He created hypnotism devices which brady culture stole and hypnotised them, then when sam and max saved them, they got mad and killed him, making them realize how evil they could be, right?
  • edited August 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Although I never played season 2, I seen people play it, and from what I remember, wasnt it
    Hugh Blisses
    fault? He created hypnotism devices which brady culture stole and hypnotised them, then when sam and max saved them, they got mad and killed him, making them realize how evil they could be, right?
    Your words have lost all meaning to me.
  • edited August 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Hugh Blisses

Yep, but
    Sam, in a way, order them to kill Brady Culture
    , which is the event where start everything for the Soda Poppers. And, in fact
    They are grateful for that
    , the point is
    Sam and Max also ruined their birthday a year ago
    and for that they hate them.

Anyway, the whole mess in the Hell
    before the Soda Poppers reveal
    was their fault too, because they went
    to help Bosco who dies in a spaceship which abduced him because Sam and Max scare him using the radio of easter island for get the Banang. And also, because Sam and Max scared him, he did the mess in the past store, and his mom spend like 40 years chasing the perpetrator without knowing was his son
    . Which make me wonder what
    Bosco is going to do in the 3 Season with the Ghost of Mama Bosco in the bathroom, I mean, the bunker

That what I love the second season: It's a whole mess of intrincated concecuences. And, you know, according to a comic in Surfin' the Highway, Sam and Max actually go to heaven ^^!
    If the citizen of heaven sign a petition and send them back to earth for that is another story :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.