The Wolf Among Us log in screen say's I don't own game, when do. What's happening?

Hi guys. I'm very concerned. I was playing the Wolf Among Us about two days ago and there were no issues. Last night, I try to play again, only this time it asks me to log in, which I do. After I log in, a screen pops us saying I don't own the game, when I actually do. I bought it here on the Telltale website a couple of days ago. Can someone help me? I don't want to lose this game after having bought it. I've reinstalled it and even restored my computer, but the issue continues.

Comments

• Same issue here. I've changed my password, reinstalled the game, and even tried to play it on other computer....... all of it didn't work.
    Everytime I launch the game, it says "Don't Own Game" but I do own it.

• Yeah man. I've tried everything but that screen pops up saying Don't Own Game. I've reached out to Telltale for help but no response. I've tried Twitter, private messaged TelltaleMike, a Moderator and Support staff here on the forums, and of course submitted multiple e-mail requests for support but nothing. I bought this game and have the receipt number. It is 1014485. I was playing fine a couple of days ago until two nights ago when this thing happened. I don't think it's on our end fitspan. It has to be Telltale. Please Telltale can you help us? Why is this happening?

• Fitspan, did you try getting support from Telltale? Any luck getting them to respond via e-mail? I've waited for a while and nothing. I don't want to be cheated out of a game.

fitspan posted: »

Same issue here. I've changed my password, reinstalled the game, and even tried to play it on other computer....... all of it didn't work. Everytime I launch the game, it says "Don't Own Game" but I do own it.

• edited January 2017

Yeah, I tried. I submitted request for support and sent email about two days ago but no response yet.

Fitspan, did you try getting support from Telltale? Any luck getting them to respond via e-mail? I've waited for a while and nothing. I don't want to be cheated out of a game.

• Same here, I have the telltale store version on my pc and when I go into the game the cursor doesn't even appear like it usually does, then a pop up says that I don't own the game. I also wrote to telltale support and still nothing yet but we seem to all be having the same problem going on. I haven't had this issue with twd or tftb on computer though, just twau.

• You too chibiwolf? Man I am so frustrated! This happened to me exactly two nights ago. I've emailed Telltale multiple times and no response yet either. I'm very upset because I'm sure it's a problem on their part. Probably some DRM issue even though I've only installed it on one computer. That's it. I guess we have to keep trying to contact them. I tried messaging TelltaleMike but he hasn't responded either. Tried Twitter and nothing. Can we get some help here Telltale? Please? We all have the same problem.

• Hey fitspan, should get a response would you mind letting me know what they say and how they fix it for you? I'll do the same for all of you if I hear first. Personally I think it has to do with their servers. What else could it be?

Yeah, I tried. I submitted request for support and sent email about two days ago but no response yet.

• I'm certain it's the server. Since the issue started about three days ago, it happens no matter what computer I use... hope they look into the issue and fix it as soon as possible. I'll let you know when I get a response.

Hey fitspan, should get a response would you mind letting me know what they say and how they fix it for you? I'll do the same for all of you if I hear first. Personally I think it has to do with their servers. What else could it be?

• Thanks fitspan. I appreciate it. I've never bought from Telltale before until a couple of days ago when I bought The Wolf Among Us. I really hope Telltale won't cheat me, you, or anyone else out of this game. I don't know how much they are willing to do to fix this problem. They really have to get their act together when it comes to customer support and maintaining their servers. I'm just really frustrated.

I'm certain it's the server. Since the issue started about three days ago, it happens no matter what computer I use... hope they look into the issue and fix it as soon as possible. I'll let you know when I get a response.

• edited January 2017

Guys, I got an email from the support team. They are aware of this issue and going to try to resolve it. So relieved.. I just wanted to let you know although I'm sure they already sent you same emails.

• Hey fitspan yes I got an email from them too saying the same thing! You beat me too it lol. Lord I hope they fix this quickly. Guys let's keep each other informed. If I hear again from them with a fix, I'll let you guys know. Fitspan thank you for letting us know! I really appreciate it! And if you hear from them again let us know okay. :)

• Just got an email saying they fixed it and now the game works!!! I'm so happy. Thank you for opening the discussion and sharing the info. I hope you and chibiwolf enjoy the game. I'm gonna play it all day :D

Hey fitspan yes I got an email from them too saying the same thing! You beat me too it lol. Lord I hope they fix this quickly. Guys let's ke

• edited January 2017

Hey not a problem fitspan! Could you do me a favor though? Could you let me know if it works for you because I'll actually be away from the computer till like late tomorrow so I won't know if it works for me, but man do I'm anxious to see if the game actually works again! If it works for you then I should be fine and can relax lol.

Just got an email saying they fixed it and now the game works!!! I'm so happy. Thank you for opening the discussion and sharing the info. I hope you and chibiwolf enjoy the game. I'm gonna play it all day

• Not a problem! Actually, I started the game few minutes ago, and it’s good so far. I guess the login issue is really solved now? so I think it will work for you too :) If any other errors occur, I will let you know:D

Hey not a problem fitspan! Could you do me a favor though? Could you let me know if it works for you because I'll actually be away from the

• edited April 2017

I've got the same problem. I tried many solution, but none of them helped me. I deleted Sync folder, try the registry key thing, reinstalled the game 4th times. But the game still tells me : Don't own game.
    I hope somebody could help me :(

edit: I wrote an email to support yesterday and they answered me, but those "solution" didn't work. (registry delete) I am waiting to the new response.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.