So I now have no hope at all for Asher or Rodrik....

(Contained spoilers for The Walking Dead Season 3)

Ok so for anyone who is playing the newest season of The Walking Dead should know how they treated Kenny and Jane. Now I never really had much hope but now I have NONE. Asher and Rodrik will just be horribly written off at the start of season two. It just makes you wonder why Telltale even lets characters that are determinant live at all. Such horrible writing.

Comments

• It's not about writing. It's about resources. The amount of time and amount of writing/choices needed to take into account for both Asher and Rodrick for each episode, how characters would talk differently to each, etc. would greatly increase the work for all of their scenes.

• If that was going to be a struggle for Telltale why even keep them alive past episode 6 of S1?

HiroVoid posted: »

It's not about writing. It's about resources. The amount of time and amount of writing/choices needed to take into account for both Asher an

• edited January 2017

I need Asher to stay alive long enough for him and Beskha to realize their true feelings. I imagine the fight they have in the tent is what foreplay would be like between the two of them.

enter image description here

• I agree with this. I talked about this on stream that after ANF I have no hope that Rodrik or Asher will live past the first episode of Game of Thrones.

• AnimalBoy said:
    I need Asher to stay alive long enough for him and Beskha to realize their true feelings. I imagine the fight they have in the tent is what foreplay would be like between the two of them.

Thanks for that image.

AnimalBoy posted: »

• it may be more work , but the quality(if done correctly) and the implication on our choices would be highyl increased .

It's not about writing. It's about resources. The amount of time and amount of writing/choices needed to take into account for both Asher an

• I think Telltale should be able to afford those resources by now, considering they've been riding on the success of so many past games.

And would it REALLY be that much of a logistical nightmare for Asher/Rodrik to be interchangeable throughout the season? Male Shepard/Female Shepard easily filled each other's role in the "Mass Effect" trilogy, with only minor adjustments to dialogue and relationships. It's time for Telltale to stop whining "Awwww, but it would be so haaaaaard...," and actually start rewarding a player's major decisions with major consequences. As a paying customer, it's my right to want to see that.

• edited January 2017

[removed]

I think Telltale should be able to afford those resources by now, considering they've been riding on the success of so many past games. A

• edited January 2017

Hell, Mass Effect 3 had to replace characters all together if someone died during the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2.

I think Telltale should be able to afford those resources by now, considering they've been riding on the success of so many past games. A

• Rodrik and Asher's situation is a little different from Jane and Kenny's.

The thing is, it was theoretically possible for both Jane and Kenny to be dead at the end of the Walking Dead Season 2. However, either Rodrik or Asher will be alive at the end of GOT Season 1.

• And not to mention that they are playable characters and are really the backbone of season 1, as opposed Kenny and Jane who are npcs and supporting characters

Cybersbe posted: »

Rodrik and Asher's situation is a little different from Jane and Kenny's. The thing is, it was theoretically possible for both Jane and K

• Same here, I mean they're half dead already by the end of the game lol Telltale is just preparing us for what's to come. I would be stoked for the next season if they didn't just kill off determinant characters. I wont be buying on release because I simply cannot support that anymore, I'll wait for reviews. I'm over cheap deaths.

If they change their ways and ask for 60 bucks for a game where choices finally do impact the game, I'd gladly pay it.

• Y'all bringing that season 3 crap over here now :P

Though i guess i can see your worry. I guess we will just have to see what Telltale has to say about season 2 when they have news ready for us. Hopefully they don't pull a kenny and jane with Asher/Rodrik.

• I feel as though Telltale are riding on the aftermath fame from The Walking Dead and that needs to change. Fans are getting tired of Telltale selling the your choices matter if those choices dont come through or make a difference.

Resources shouldn't be an excuse as Telltale's job is to produce games which will attract and make their fanbase happy and by not doing that they are risking a lot.

• Yeah there dead now. althought the GoT writers have put more effort in your choices and kept remidning you of your choices during dialogue. There probs different writers for GoT S2. but yeah there dead and both sentienls are dead.

• I made an account just to make this topic and I'm glad someone else thought of this. I honestly think if Telltale pulls a Nick (Barely any dialogue or role until their death) for season 2 then the GoT games are dead to me which would be a shame because I actually enjoyed GoT quite a bit. The thing that gives me some hope is that at least one of them has to be alive and I cant imagine it being SOOOO impossible to just put them in the same scenes and be interchangeable besides maybe one unique scene per episode. Doing that would show that they DO care and I really hope they do.

• I agree. I don't see why it should be that difficult to keep them around and playable. There are many other solutions and workarounds besides giving them the axe. If anything killing them off should be the last resort.

Jaku2011 posted: »

I made an account just to make this topic and I'm glad someone else thought of this. I honestly think if Telltale pulls a Nick (Barely any d

• Preach!!! Basher for life

AnimalBoy posted: »

Sign in to comment in this discussion.