Sentinal ...

I didn't want to put any spoilers in the title, so whatever, here we go ...

When Ethan chooses his sentinal, he has the option to say "My choice was clear." or something byword.

And, after having played the game, is there really a question on who to choose as Sentinal?

Fact is, the one, not becoming Sentinal, will become a traitor.

Fact two, only Duncan, but not Ser Royland, should know to never lose The North Grove.

Now, if you don't choose Duncan, he might tell The Whitehills about The North Grove, right? Because he's a traitor then and tells them everything.. Even if he says, it's only for the best of The House (bullsh*t).

If Ser Royland gets Sentinal, his knowledge in arms won't help after all, cause of plot/story. So, there is no real benefit over Duncan, having him as Sentinal.

So, if Duncan=traitor, we never really know, if he told The Whitehills about The North Grove.

In my ending, Duncan was traitor and survived and met with Talia and wounded Rodrik. As we found out during the game, Rodrik knows about The North Grove (you can tell in one dialogue), but he probably doesn't know, it's vital for The Forresters.
Question for me, in that scenario, is, where are those 3 heading? To the North Grove?

If you pick Asher to survive, he does most likely not know about The North Grove ? And hence, he would need Duncan in endscene by his side if they wanted to head there I guess ? But Duncan is only with him in endscene, if he was a traitor, right? And it would be risky anyway to head there, if Duncan told The Whitehills before about The North Grove...

I hope, you see my conflict. And let's see, if it even matters in S2/S3(?).

Opinions?

Comments

• On episode 5 when Duncan revealed that he was the traitor.
    Rodrik can ask him about the North Grove and he answered with a:"I've kept the secrets that mattered".
    For me this line tries to show us that Duncan's betrayal to the Forrester wasn't complete(he has sent his nephew to find the North Grove, he won't tell the white hills about Gared's position)

Moreover The Whitehills don't seem to care about a grove beyond the Wall. It's not a worthy expedition for them :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.