Any old-timers? +TWAU thoughts

Hey there, my favorite Telltale forum section. I was just wondering how many of you all are still visiting this place, quietly hoping for the next season. Let's do a head-count, so to say!

Also, to keep this related (and to keep the mods from deleting the thread) - do you have any thoughts about TWAU you've always wanted to express, but never really found a suitable thread? This is the place! Pour it all out.

Comments

• edited February 2017

[removed]

• I'm not here as often as I use to be but from time to time, I log in and hang out for a bit. I'd still be interested in a season 2 or even a dlc. Hopefully, when that day comes, it won't feel rushed in the end or leaving the gamer (me) feeling a tad disappointed in the ending. Plus, an excuse to see more of that drunk fish-frog Gren. :3

enter image description here

• Hey, good to see you still here pie! I was afraid I was the only one left at this point.

Drunk Gren is one of the best things TWAU has given us, period.

pudding_pie posted: »

I'm not here as often as I use to be but from time to time, I log in and hang out for a bit. I'd still be interested in a season 2 or even a

• The Wolf Among Us remains one of the more unique stories that I have played. The fact that it is about Fairy Tale character living on our world and among us, just makes it feel very relatable despite the fantasy element.

I do hope that Telltale will revisit this again some day.

• Wolf among us was a really good game with a lot of material and possibilities for a S2 that unfortunately i don't think we'll get at least any time soon that is. Hopefully down the line telltale decides to make a S2 although i don't see it happening for maybe 2 years.

• When you check this section every time to see if anyone is discussing to help fill that hole that season 2 will probably never happen

enter image description here

• Well you certainly seem to occupy yourself pretty well with the discord chat!

Poogers555 posted: »

When you check this section every time to see if anyone is discussing to help fill that hole that season 2 will probably never happen

• Add me to your headcount please

I'm not sure if I have anything in particular, but the first thing that popped into my head was Toad. I think I was frustrated because he ends up hating you no matter what you do. I ended up letting Colin stay so Toad pretty much despised me. But it's hard when he hangs the fact you destroyed his home over your head and well... they ended up becoming friends in the end.

Snow liked TJ a lot so it was hard for me to accept that she just forced them to go back to The Farm. If she just gave him some glamour it could have been avoided. It's not like she couldn't: she became the goddamn mayor of Fabletown. Generally I like Snow, but after that, she left a bad taste in my mouth.

• I am lurking from time to time but since this forum went a bit downhill last year (increased shitposting and memes all around) I don't visit it as often as I used to. After seeing TWD ANF I gave up with hoping for Season 2 of Wolf, altho I had moments when I wanted to bring The Hope Among Us back from the dead. I know the game developer mentality too well to know that at this point if they were to do another season, they would completely butcher it and turn it into a huge disappointment.

As for the second part, I am not sure. I feel like in the old days I was sort of known as the one crushing on Snow like there's no tomorrow. After finding my old fanart yesterday I came to a conclusion that nothing has changed in this department over the last 3 years.

PS. Good to see some of the old-timers from the golden age of this forum still lurking around @armis37 @pudding_pie @DaveTheArakin @Poogers555

• I still check from time to time. Wish season 2 would happen soon.

• Not an old-timer and never wrote anything about TWAU in this forum.. so I guess it's time.

• What the hell was Beast doing in a brothel and why did Beauty and Bigby get sh*t for it? Shouldn't Beauty been furious about Beast being there at all? Or did someone tell him? Since he was looking for Beauty (elevator scene)
    • I liked all the chars, but the setting was almost causing me to get claustrophobia. The Fables only being able to move in one district and it all looked the same to me
    • I hate most action/fighting scenes in TTG, besides the fight with the woodsman (cause it was really intense and you could choose where to throw him) and I really disliked the endboss fight. I don't know, Werewolf Bigby made kind of weird noises sometimes and Bloody Mary turning was the most weird and annoying thing ever. She looked like a cripple (sorry) and the noises SHE made... dafuq. Whole fight was weird af.
    • I wonder, when we found "Faith's head", there was blood on the ground and fence and it never mattered later on in the game. Couldn't they just've taken blood samples and test all fables (not sure if law justifies investigation like that?), but I guess, since Faith lived in the end (as everyone suggests) who's glamoured head on the ground was it then? And shouldn't the glamour wear off after a time and the true dead persons' face would show? Or did I just get it all wrong?

That's all, no more brainstorming for now :l

• I guess you could call me an old-timer. I used to be pretty active especially on the TWAU-section back in the day, but nowadays not so much. I've been getting more active on these forums again though, so if there's ever any news of a second season, I'll be there.

I just hope they don't do what they did with ANF and hire 7 (?) fucking people to write the script. If they don't hire the old writers, or if they don't find someone who is truly passionate about the series, I'll much rather stick with just one season.

• Well, it certainly seems so right now, doesn't it? :)

The Wolf Among Us remains one of the more unique stories that I have played. The fact that it is about Fairy Tale character living on our wo

• I just think that TT didn't prepare for players actually wanting a meaningful end for Toad and didn't put in the choices which would actually decide that in earlier episodes. By the time it was Ep. 5, it was too late and they had to tie that loose end up somehow.

Add me to your headcount please I'm not sure if I have anything in particular, but the first thing that popped into my head was Toad. I t

• Come on buddy, don't give up now. Especially with the recent tweet, our hope is rekindled! Nobody knows if it will have any results, but the hype is certainly back!

Also, I'm glad to see you're still around :) Huff and Puff

Jacol posted: »

I am lurking from time to time but since this forum went a bit downhill last year (increased shitposting and memes all around) I don't visit

• I'd say I'm pretty old timey. I've slowly faded from someone kinda activeish on this site to just a lurker. I actually had a thread that blew up pretty big on finding the Crooked Man on the Wolf Forums but it was literally just a theory ripped from another thread and I didn't even add new information. I feel bad I even made it looking back; it looks like just a cashgrab for likes haha. Then again I like just turned 14 at the time so I have no idea what was going through my head at the time.

• same

ulop22 posted: »

I guess you could call me an old-timer. I used to be pretty active especially on the TWAU-section back in the day, but nowadays not so much.

• I wanted TWAU to be 5 episodes longer and each Episode to be 3 hours long at least? :)

I'm still here, sort of, just busy in the real world...

• Aah that great feeling when I visit this place after 19 months (I remember the layout was different, no?) and TWAU S2 has yet to be confirmed.

Oh well I'll see you again in 2 years or whenever season 2 is announced (whichever comes first).

• It was really Faith's head on the steps. Nerrisa just glamoured herself to look like Faith, which is why the woodsman got mad when she didn't recognize her causing the who scuffle in the bedroom. It was her fault Faith was killed and that's why she placed her head on the steps, so Bigby can get "pushed" into the investigation. that's why she feels very guilty in the end.

As with Beast, he knows all of the Crooked Man's goons because he works for him delivering stuff at the butcher shop. He probably asked around if anyone knew where she was (maybe one of the Tweedles mentioned) and they pointed him there, he was already upset that she was having a secret job and not letting him know about it, but what really set him off was seeing Bigby.

And the setting is suppose to be claustrophobic. Fabletown is a really small, really poor, community within New York City, much like a few of the communities in New York. They always mention how it is a small section in New York both in the games and in the comics, and they've always mention about expanding their community.

And as for the fight scene's that's all your opinion dude haha. I did feel the final fight scene with Mary wasn't as intense as I wanted it to be.

What really got me was the fact that the Crooked Man just sat up in that office room in the warehouse while Mary and Bigby were fighting, why didn't he just run away while Bigby was distracted with Mary.

rabbitrun posted: »

Not an old-timer and never wrote anything about TWAU in this forum.. so I guess it's time. * What the hell was Beast doing in a brothel

• edited April 2017

Maybe he thought, she'd win.. Also he had silver bullets and also, he thought, he was in the right since his words are his weapons. Another thing is, they'd probably get him anyway and he had no henchmen left who could cover him. So, I guess he found himself left in the corner, having to face the others sooner or later, his last chance being explaining them why he is in the right. Also, if Nerissa didn't show up in the end, they wouldn't have had hard facts against him and she even lied..

It was really Faith's head on the steps. Nerrisa just glamoured herself to look like Faith, which is why the woodsman got mad when she didn'

• That's interesting about the Crooked Man, I haven't thought about it like that. And the thing Nerissa lied about was eavesdropping on the Crooked Man, she says in the end she never heard it she just knew that killing faith had to do with the Crooked Man so she planted her head so Bigby can find it and bring him to justice.

rabbitrun posted: »

Maybe he thought, she'd win.. Also he had silver bullets and also, he thought, he was in the right since his words are his weapons. Another

• it'd be cool if they ever made a season 2, cuz last season they just left us all with a damn cliffhanger.. >_<

Sign in to comment in this discussion.