About Sam and Max...?

edited August 2009 in Sam & Max
Hi,
I've been a big Monkey Island fan for ages but only played my first full Sam and Max game episode (Abe Lincoln Must Die) today. Well it was awesome and left me wanting more, I've always heard so many good things about Sam and Max, so...
Just wondering how many series or games there are and what order they go in?
Also, where can get them from?

Thanks

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    There are 2 Seasons and the 3rd one is in production. You can see a list of episodes on the sam and max page and order the whole seasons in the Store. All those links can also be found in the menu at the top.
  • edited August 2009
    There is also the original LucasArts adventure, Sam and Max: Hit the Road. This is almost completely separate from Telltale's seasons, you're really only missing out on a few references here and there(that aren't even references to the game, but rather references the original game made to the comic book).

There's also a short-lived TV show that came out after the LucasArts game(I'm fairly sure, anyway), and the comic strips that started it all(printed in the EXCELLENT Telltale reprint of Surfin' the Highway).
  • edited August 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    There are 2 Seasons and the 3rd one is in production. You can see a list of episodes on the sam and max page and order the whole seasons in the Store. All those links can also be found in the menu at the top.

In addition, there's Sam & Max: Hit The Road, although you'll probably be better off hoping LucasArts re-releases that on Steam than look for a new copy. Although, to be perfectly frank, you don't need it to enjoy the Sam & Max episodes.
  • edited August 2009
    Is Sam & Max: Hit The Road any good?
  • edited August 2009

It's incredible. One of the best of LucasArts old adventures, but I would say that about most of the old adventures as they were all incredible. Bottom line is yes, it's just as good as Season 1.
  • edited August 2009
    It is an excellent adventure. I'd recommend it to anybody. Its cartoon style has helped it age very well, and the voice acting is near perfect. I think it's really worth a go.
  • edited August 2009
    Thanks! I'll go spend all my hard-earned money on sam and Max goodness now :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.