Any plans for comics' translation ?

edited August 2009 in Sam & Max
Maybe this has been discussed before, so sorry if it has been.

I don't really care myself (i already ordered the surfin thehighway reprint when it was released), but i know the issue of translations is a pretty recuring one, and it seems to me than most people would want/need it even more with a comic/book than for a game or movie.
I just think it's a bit sad than basically no one in non english speaking countries (except old fans, of course) can enjoy this great comic (i don't know how it is in some country, but i know i'll NEVER get most of my friends to read it here in france... Having them watch some movie in english is okay, but just not reading stuff).
So well, i'm not really complaining or anything, and i don't even know if Telltale CAN answer this question, but i'm just wondering if it is something that could happen or not.
Just thought i'd ask and see if anyone has an answer ;)

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Maybe this has been discussed before, so sorry if it has been.

I don't really care myself (i already ordered the surfin thehighway reprint when it was released), but i know the issue of translations is a pretty recuring one, and it seems to me than most people would want/need it even more with a comic/book than for a game or movie.
    I just think it's a bit sad than basically no one in non english speaking countries (except old fans, of course) can enjoy this great comic (i don't know how it is in some country, but i know i'll NEVER get most of my friends to read it here in france... Having them watch some movie in english is okay, but just not reading stuff).
    So well, i'm not really complaining or anything, and i don't even know if Telltale CAN answer this question, but i'm just wondering if it is something that could happen or not.
    Just thought i'd ask and see if anyone has an answer ;)

If it's going to happen, it'll be softcovers only.
  • edited August 2009
    Well that's not really the point...
    I didn't care myself for the hardcover edition, and i guess people who are fan enough already to want it won't care about it being translated anyway...
  • edited August 2009
    Well that's not really the point...
    I didn't care myself for the hardcover edition, and i guess people who are fan enough already to want it won't care about it being translated anyway...

I understand your point. For me, I'll scanlate the whole Comic for free to spanish, except because I'm a total noob (And do that will be quite totally illegal), just because I want more people to know Sam and Max than people who knows english only.

For international fans, it's a bit of trouble, because you can't recomend the comic to all the people because they probably can't read it. My level of English in my country, while a big plus, aren't common.
  • edited August 2009
    I agree with Ginny... i feel translation is not a big deal but there aren't enough people who do it and moreover i feel everyone cannot be recommended to read that book. Let e know if you come across someone who could do it. thanks
Sign in to comment in this discussion.