You Know You're Addicted When... [Incidental Spoilers]

edited August 2009 in Sam & Max
So I've been plugging away at Sam and Max 201, and got mildly stuck on the "lack of stockings" puzzle. I'd been plodding around for a while, trying to find ways of removing one or another person's socks and I got a bit frustrated, so i gave up for a bit and headed downstairs to do some laundry. When i saw, in the basket, a dirty old sock at the top of the pile I actually thought "Yes! Got it!" Just for a split second, but long enough for me to feel rather embarassed with myself.

Anyone else had this? Life becoming adventure games?

Comments

• edited August 2009
    No...
  • edited August 2009
    No...

Oh...well...that peed on my cornflakes didn't it.
  • edited August 2009
    With this titles, I expected some sort of those "You Know You Play Too Much (insert title here) When..." lists around. If there is no such list yet for Sam & Max, we should start it right here. :)
  • edited August 2009
    I've had dreams where I solved a puzzle. Unfortunately, the solution in my dreams didn't exist.
  • edited August 2009
    With this titles, I expected some sort of those "You Know You Play Too Much (insert title here) When..." lists around. If there is no such list yet for Sam & Max, we should start it right here. :)

Yes, I agree!

I'll start.

You know you're addicted when...everytime you see the acronym "S & M" you immediately think of a pair of anthropromorphic freelnace police...no matter how wrong you may be.

And you know what I mean by wrong! :p
  • edited August 2009
    ...When you find yourself saying, "You crack me up, little buddy" to all of your posture challenged friends.

...When you see a container of Tang on the counter and automatically yell "Taaaaaaannnngggggg!"

...When you take said container and use a Sharpie to change the name to "Banang".

...When you start cussing in long-hand. @#$&;*!

...When you go to the carival hoping to see a giraffe necked girl reading bedtime stories to a frozen bigfoot.

...You start doing things monthy.

Welp, that's all I got.
  • edited August 2009
    Here is what I could think of:

... when you start fighting for the phone.
    ... when you hum the office tune etc. all day.
    ... when you have a cabinet full of souvenirs from your former rivals.
    ... including a tied up rival itself.
    ... when you have shops in your neighborhood in which you are the only customer.
    ... when you're searching for hell on subway maps.
    ... when you randomly shoot out of windows.
    ... when you expect enemies to answer in your language.
    ... when you start buying the games more than once.
    ... when you start punching your best friend high into the air all the time.
    ... when you suspect your goldfish for a conspiracy.
    ... when you buy a pong machine and try to put a cartridge into it.
    ... when your coat-hanger is an important part for TV reception.
  • edited August 2009
    ... when you hum the office tune etc. all day.

And learn the lyrics of World of Max.
  • edited August 2009
    I know it too, but I never tried to learn it. I just memorised it by listening to it over and over and over.

First of all, about the original topic, I've done stuff like that too. Not with Sam & Max, but some other games. My favourite time when that happened was when I was playing too much Morrowind and tried to cast night eye when I wasn't on the computer. It had no effect on the characters in the book I was reading, who had just entered a dark room.

I'd add to the list, but my brain's fried. It's friend from roleplaying Sam, so I supposed this is on topic.
  • edited August 2009
    ... when you're searching for hell on subway maps.
    ... when you randomly shoot out of windows.

Oh! You mean....

You know you are addicted to Sam & Max when you live in New York
  • edited August 2009
    Oh! You mean....

You know you are addicted to Sam & Max when you live in New York

Or YOU want to live in New York for THAT
  • edited August 2009
    ...when you refer to your parents as "the comissioner"
    ...when you believe you live under canadian rule when you live in New York
    ...when you try to convince your family to move to West Dakoda
    ...when you say something along the lines of "Holy match stick on an oil truck delivivering to the orphanage!" when you get a call
    ...when you refer to your private area as "the bomb"
    ...when you hear your "bomb" ticking

if you hav that last one, you might want to get to a doctor.
  • edited August 2009
    I believe there's already a thread for this in the games section. I could be wrong though.
    I'll check.

EDIT: Yup, here it is. http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6341
  • edited August 2009
    yeah well the other one kinda

died
  • edited August 2009
    ...when you want to buy all the S & M thing that is around
    ...when you decide to make a plush almost life size of Max(and someone has already make it ^_^)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.