Will it run?

edited August 2009 in Game Support
Some of my system requirements for Tales of Monkey Island aren't up to the minimums listed >_>

Will the game run at all?

I have 256 MB RAM (512 minimum)

256 MB graphics (64 MB minimum, so mine's actually higher)

1.6 GHz processor (2 minimum)

So yeah will the game run at all or not? >_> I'm downloading the demo now but I'd like to know for sure before I buy it.

Comments

• edited August 2009
    If the demo works, the game works. Actually, the demo is probably the most graphic-heavy part of the episode.
  • edited August 2009
    The RAM looks like your major problem, but as stated the demo will tell you one way or the other.
  • edited August 2009
    Well, as Gibbon above said your main problem is the ram, though since you have a decent (I'm guessing from the amount of memory there) graphics card you might be able to get away with it, depending on what the most of the memory is used for. The processor also seems to be lacking, but depending on the make it might actually be fine (AMD processors in particular have lower clock speeds than their Pentium equivalents but make up for it in other regards).

So, in other words, as everyone else has said, your demo is your best bet at seeing whether it will work or not. :D
  • edited August 2009
    You guys realize that the game actually loads portions of itself into RAM right? and that amount is scaled to how much you have. The minimum RAM requirement is how much of the program needs to be in memory for the game to even think about running smoothly...
    I don't know how well it will run using the swap file (or whatever [buffer?] it is called in windows).
    I'm not optimistic, but I will say that RAM is cheaper than cereal nowadays, so you should probably pick some up from newegg or something, not just for this game, but in general (most browsers use more than that now).

Dunno what platform you are running but here are a couple:

Laptop Memory: 2GB for $25

Desktop Memory: 2GB $27
  • edited August 2009
    As said before, the demo should tell all, although you might want to add in some more RAM.
  • edited August 2009
    Karl wrote: »
    256 MB graphics (64 MB minimum, so mine's actually higher)

Whether it will blend, erm I mean run, also depends on the capabilities of the graphics processor itself. Minimum reqs are DX8.1, but some DX8.1 parts still don't work quite right at the moment (they have graphical glitches).
  • edited August 2009
    Well, the demo worked fine for me, although sometimes the mouse lagged a little but not much.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    Karl wrote: »
    Well, the demo worked fine for me, although sometimes the mouse lagged a little but not much.

You can try a lower graphics level or resolution.
This discussion has been closed.