Monkey Island contest ?

edited August 2009 in Site Support
Hello,

I'm Julien PASQUET, webmaster of fan website MonkeyIsland.fr.

I open a fan-art contest on my website. I would like to offer gifts to participants:
- Put the fan-art of all the participants in my t-shirt shop by Spreadshirt on : http://www.monkeyisland.fr/boutique/
- Send a free t-shirt to the best fan-art.

I contact you to obtain your authorization for the contest. Can I add the fan-art in my shop (if participants agree) ? No images of original Monkey Island are used, they are reproductions. Example: http://www.monkeyisland.fr/concours-fan-art/

I need your permission for the t-shirt, do you agree? There are conditions there?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Anything that involves characters created by Lucasarts cannot be sold in any way, regardless of who made the drawing, that's 100% illegal.
  • edited August 2009
    The purpose of this competition is not to make money with fans-art. I didn’t find any Monkey Island’s t-shirts on the web, so I want to offer to the Monkey Island communaity some T-shirts of their favorite game. It is for this reason that no benefit will be derived from sales of these t-shirts. The price will be the basic price set by Spreadshirt.

Are you a member of TelltaleGames's team ?
  • edited August 2009
    linkuff wrote: »
    The purpose of this competition is not to make money with fans-art... It is for this reason that no benefit will be derived from sales of these t-shirts. The price will be the basic price set by Spreadshirt.

It doesn't sound like no money will be made.

If no benefit comes from the sale of the t-shirts, where does the money paid for them go? No benefit would be sending them out to everyone who wants one for absolutely nothing.

Charging any money for something you did not create is, as Pale Man said above, illegal. Oh, and he's not a member of the Telltale Team, but he knows his stuff!
  • edited August 2009
    i would like a answer of Telltale Team
This discussion has been closed.