Holy expression of surprise!

edited August 2009 in Sam & Max
Hi guys!

You're probably aware of the many "holy ..." expressions coming mainly from Sam, often when talking to the commisioner or at other appropriate times. For example, "Holy cap-wearing catfish flopping a crime beat!"...

I was wondering if anyone has, or know about, any place where all, or most, or at least a bunch of these might be collected!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Have you tried the Wiki?
  • edited August 2009
    Actually I hadn't.. but all I found there now was a quick reference to one of them under "Phrases" on Sam's page :/
  • edited August 2009
    Gentlemen, update your bookmarks. The Sam & Max wiki has moved to samandmax.net.
    We still don't have a page on that, but if people want it we could start one. I have been wondering if we should cover running gags and recurring plot developments.
  • edited August 2009
    I can't speak for others but I sure know I'd like to see such a list!
  • edited August 2009
    Harald B wrote: »
    I have been wondering if we should cover running gags and recurring plot developments.
    I can't think of a reason not to. :)
  • edited August 2009
    Ok, I've started the page. Hopefully some people will help fill in the blanks and add entries. You could be surprised how rare these phrases are outside Season One though.
    I've added some other running gags we might cover to the To-Do List as well.
  • edited August 2009
    Rats. I think I just passed the bit in Ice Station Santa with the "Holy..." phrase.

Ah well. I have an excuse to boot up Season One again now.
  • edited August 2009
    I already had episodes 2 through 6 installed on my PC as I was replaying them. So I've just loaded them up and added the phone phrases at the beginning of each in on that wiki page. :) The only one I'm missing is the one for Culture Shock, as I uninstalled that earlier this week. XD
  • edited August 2009
    The Telltale Speech Extractor might help. It doesn't have annotations for every line in season 2, though.

Using this to expand the list now.
  • edited August 2009
    Awesome, that was fast! Thanks a bunch! It's already getting big but I'll try to contribute with what I can...
  • edited August 2009
    I can't remember what Sam said...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.