Story Mode Season 2 E3 Footage Discussion

OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
edited June 2017 in Minecraft: Story Mode

Please use this thread to discuss footage from E3.

Comments

• edited June 2017

The sword combat seemed more evolved...maybe? The rolls seem neat and whatever that energy bar is. Other than that seems like a slightly more polished season 1, but its minecraft so there really isn't much you can improve.

• edited June 2017

I really liked how they added that mini battle with the health bar abd just the way it looked when that save Petra or Jack choice came up looked very nice. Isn’t there more footage coming at 7:00 EST or are they just going to be talking about it more?

• so we ve got a decent combat mechanic for this season and a choice where this new character Jack can lose his eye wonder what happens if you pick Jack instead of Petra thought.

• Yes lets make a choice between Petra, a fan favourite, and some random new guy instead of another loved returning character...

• I wanted a trailer

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Interesting that they added this message
    enter image description here

• Petra all the way, I don't even know that guy

Yes lets make a choice between Petra, a fan favourite, and some random new guy instead of another loved returning character...

• XD XD

dojo32161 posted: »

• I wonder what happens if you choose to save Jake instead of Petra, so excited!!!!

• I kind of like that.

• Wha? Where is this footage coming from? I'm currently waiting for Telltale's panel in 15 mins. Did they appear earlier today?

• They were on a few hours ago on the youtube stream.

AChicken posted: »

Wha? Where is this footage coming from? I'm currently waiting for Telltale's panel in 15 mins. Did they appear earlier today?

• Ah.. I'm watching the IGN one.

They were on a few hours ago on the youtube stream.

• edited June 2017

Man I love this base stock gameplay footage of standard minecraft for story mode's segment. Thanks IGN.

Edit - There we go.

• edited June 2017

Catherine Taber: [about the writers and staff]: "They are... they are slave-drivers."

ahem. Well.... ok. At least she meant it in a positive way...?

Job: "Some of the stuff you fans have been asking for a very long time are almost done, and you may see that [being revealed] later this summer..." oooh. The plot does indeed thicken. GoT? TFTB? The Fabled Wolf's return? O_O

sorry for all the edits here. I just can't seem to get my spelling right. But, I think it's all good now.

• I think Jack will fully recover from that black eye by the time of Episode 2. If Reuben can (potentially) do that, than so can Jack.

• edited June 2017

Job with those teases. THIS SUMMER new reveals. Job don't do this to me.

• Guys, we're getting some serious parallels here between Jack (heh...) and Reuben!

Determinant left eye bruise in episode 1... Sound familiar?

(BTW, I'm so excited! The combat looks awesome)

• Thrones, hopefully?!? We've waited so long!
    enter image description here

AChicken posted: »

Catherine Taber: [about the writers and staff]: "They are... they are slave-drivers." ahem. Well.... ok. At least she meant it in a posit

• Honestly I hope its Thrones. Sorry Wolf.

Thrones, hopefully?!? We've waited so long!

• I agree. This may be the strangest and worst place to say this, but as much as I'd like a Wolf Season 2, I don't know how or if it can be done. It all boils down to that final choice: Whether or not to follow Nerissa. It completely changes the mood of the ending. One is an anti--climax: Not following Nerissa. <this is because it simply ends with Bigby going back to his apartment, and will possibly never find Nerissa again... and it all fades to black. The other is a climactic cliffhanger: Following Nerissa. <Bigby starts to follow her and... cut to black, it will be picked up in the second season.

Wolf ends with two possibilities, in which one of them restricts solving the big, main twist presented in the other.
    Thrones at least has a singular point to converge off of, that will offer relatively the same story.

So, yes. Thrones should be next. *But, if Telltale can pull off Wolf S2, then so be it. I won't complain.

Honestly I hope its Thrones. Sorry Wolf.

• I'm SUPER excited. The gameplay mechanic looks neat and it looks like you can't just swing your sword randomly millions of times thanks to the energy.bar. After seeing that option of who to help, i'm gonna help Petra. The graphics look 3% better, but Petra's mouth though..... anyways i'm super hyped for this.

• I don't believe it! Jesse learned how to DODGE! ;.; she learned how to dodge!

• When does it say that?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

When you chose to help either Petra or Jack, it pops up but the "WORLD EXCLUSIVE" thing was blocking it.

Acheive250 posted: »

When does it say that?

• Where can i watch the 30mins now

• Wait, the panel was today? What did I miss, some footage and hints about possible sequels to some of Telltale's better...I mean, more mature...games?

• Wait, the panel was today? What did I miss, some footage and hints about possible sequels to some of Telltale's better...I mean, more mature...games?

• Ohh, I thought that said "You didn't leave Petra hanging" or something...

When you chose to help either Petra or Jack, it pops up but the "WORLD EXCLUSIVE" thing was blocking it.

• edited June 2017

nvm my post
    wasn't even about the footage.. someone delete this comment
    why did this get liked

• edited June 2017

Yo honestly I really appreciate that combat gameplay they added. Althought it looks very simple, it just suits a telltale game you know?This could possibly be a feature we could start to see in future titles. Imagine if TWD had stuff like this?

• edited June 2017

Well that's new! I wonder what they mean by that.

EDIT
    I just realised that the icon represents a fork in a road or a branching path. So maybe choices have a larger effect on the story than what we would expect.

• You probably learn more about him enough to care about him for there to be a choice like that...

MegaXD posted: »

Petra all the way, I don't even know that guy

• edited June 2017

This video is unavailable.

• Where can I find the footage? (Did I miss it..? D: )

• edited June 2017

So the new characters are: Jack, Merv? and Petra. I didn't catch the old guys name.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Maybe, remember when we had to choose between Petra or Gabriel in episode 1? We met Gabriel two minutes before we had to make that choice haha

You probably learn more about him enough to care about him for there to be a choice like that...

• edited June 2017

Agreed! XD

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I don't believe it! Jesse learned how to DODGE! ;.; she learned how to dodge!

• Petra is not a new character...

So the new characters are: Jack, Merv? and Petra. I didn't catch the old guys name. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.