The hate for this game is undeserved

2»

Comments

• Cash grab means it makes it easy to get money. The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones weren't easy when it comes to money. Every Minecraft related can sell 1000 000 copies or more in one day or week.

Well, when you think about it, every game a company makes is "just a cash grab." Just some games they try to appeal to more people. Sure, I'd love a GOT Season 2 or TFTBL Season 2, but I mean I didn't dislike minecraft so I pre ordered season 2.

• Where have you seen it being one of the top 10 games "ever"?

SarniX posted: »

explain why it's once been one of the top 10 games ever. so what you don't like minecraft? don't play it. no one forcing you too. no wonder why people complain about you toxic people.

• Are you saying that earth's ecosystems are being destroyed, massacres are happening, and human rights are being removed right now?

You shouldn't think that far into it like that lol. Obviously a creative game isn't the WORST thing in the world to happen. He just means that in a very exaggerated way.

prink34320 posted: »

Worst thing to happen? I think the destruction of earth's ecosystems, massacres and removal of human rights are far worse than a creative ga

• edited July 2017

Don't forget Sarita! She literally existed just to die so Kenny could go "muh family" and angst again. Plot device in its purest form.

How is the writing not on the same level? Could you elaborate on that statement? I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm just wondering what y

• I don't see much of a difference, especially with The Walking Dead now.

AronDracula posted: »

Cash grab means it makes it easy to get money. The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones weren't easy when it comes to money. Every Minecraft related can sell 1000 000 copies or more in one day or week.

• Crud, sorry, I knew I was forgetting someone! In my defense, Sarita barely did have a role much like the others, but she had the shortest life-span I believe.

Honestly, it makes me sad how bad those characters are treated :\

• Did the first episode sell more than 100 000 copies in one day or one week?

I don't see much of a difference, especially with The Walking Dead now.

• But did they really need to MCSM Season 2 that soon? The first season just ended last year. Why not let it take a break for a while, Jesus Christ?

They're still going to profit well from making MC:SM S2, plus I don't think they can easily make a second season of their other games like E

• I can't fully answer that, only Telltale has that info.

I have read that The Walking Dead Game: Episode One sold 1 million copies over the course of 20 days.

Did the first episode sell more than 100 000 copies in one day or one week?

• Well, that wasn't in one day or week.

I can't fully answer that, only Telltale has that info. I have read that The Walking Dead Game: Episode One sold 1 million copies over the course of 20 days.

• I don't know and I can't answer why they decided to make another season of it straight away but I suppose it might be due to multiple factors such as: Telltale being given extended rights and free reign, the first season possibly selling above their expectations, development for the game might be overall faster and cheaper and it could also be a marketing strategy (release the second season before more and more fans forget about the game), but these are just my guesses.

But did they really need to MCSM Season 2 that soon? The first season just ended last year. Why not let it take a break for a while, Jesus Christ?

• edited July 2017

No but it was in just under three weeks and would've meant that it sold over 100,000 copies in each of those weeks. This is still quite the feat too, considering Telltale wasn't as well known during the release of the first episode.

Well, that wasn't in one day or week.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.