Please keep the art style the same

edited October 2017 in The Wolf Among Us

As we saw in ANF, the graphics and art style had been changed/improved quite a bit from Season 2. Some people liked the new style, but I personally (Along with quite some people) thought it wasn't really fitting for the series.

With TWAU S2, can you please try to stick to the same sort of comic book looking art style as in Season 1? It was so damn fitting and it set a perfect tone for the game.

Tagged:

Comments

• I didn't mind the improvements in ANF at all, I'm one of those who loved it. But I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one, hope they keep the comic book art style.. and the music too!

• Agreed, the comic book artstyle fits TWAU perfectly.

• Hopefully it stays relatively the same. The game's artstyle was immensely beautiful and fitting.

• The WAU still looks awesome today. I hope they keep the art style as well

• I hope they use the same art style and the same soundtrack, or at least part of it. Also, I want the badass Bigby-walking-down-the-streets intro again.

• I still get the chills when I see the intro. I'm open to a new version of it in Season 2, but I think the intro music should still remain the same (Or at least be a variation of the original one).

I hope they use the same art style and the same soundtrack, or at least part of it. Also, I want the badass Bigby-walking-down-the-streets intro again.

• the improvements in ANF

I loved the same 5 zombie models too man

lilsnek posted: »

I didn't mind the improvements in ANF at all, I'm one of those who loved it. But I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one, hope they keep the comic book art style.. and the music too!

• ANF's style was fucking amazing but the problem I had with it was that TT only put much effort into the main characters (Javier and Clementine) and half-assed the rest (Kenny and Jane lmfao) but if they can do it properly then I'd love to see it in season 2.

• I was talking about the main characters man. But you're kinda right about the zombies

bigdogg0821 posted: »

the improvements in ANF I loved the same 5 zombie models too man

• I hope they keep the art style, that comic book noir atmosphere was sooooo awesome and fitting.

• edited July 2017

I really hope they keep the art style and the lighting right. Recently, their games (most specifically ANF) have had Characters' and objects' textures reflect a bunch of light. We didn't see that in the original Wolf, and it fit well. Nice, clean lighting and shadows (those were beautiful shadows) so I hope that this version retains the "non-reflective, clean" lighting of the first season.

really not sure how to explain it, but there is a difference in lighting with the new engine. The older games weren't as reflective, but i can't find the right words to explain how it looked compared to this new style.
  • I know exactly what you mean, that was the only thing that slightly bothered me in how ANF looks. And I can't explain it better myself either.

AChicken posted: »

I really hope they keep the art style and the lighting right. Recently, their games (most specifically ANF) have had Characters' and objects

• Yeah, the art style of the Wolf Among Us is stunning and is up there as being one of the best looking games in history. The colours, the characters' looks, the shadows and everything else is perfect for the noire atmosphere and keeps it faithful to it's comic source material. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Well they're keeping the art style the same for batman season 2 as we can see in the teaser so I'm pretty sure that they'll keep the same art style for twau too.

• The visual ambience does an amazing job at conveying and depicting the mood. The cel shading, use of shadows and apt choice of colours really does issue that noire feel forth. I hope they keep it the same too or perhaps even the same engine.

• Agreed, characters in ANF reflect so much they look like wax.

AChicken posted: »

I really hope they keep the art style and the lighting right. Recently, their games (most specifically ANF) have had Characters' and objects

• If they remove the art style this might be the first telltale game I don’t buy.

• I'll give it to the main characters, they looked fine. But then there's that one dude that ambushed Javier and he looked like a whale got smacked in the face with a frying pan and had an oversized beard violently glued on him, not of his own free will.

I was talking about the main characters man. But you're kinda right about the zombies

• edited July 2017

From that description can't tell which dude lol. My only problem with bearded dudes was the one who had his face animations broken. But this is supposed to be about TWAU2 not ANF.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I'll give it to the main characters, they looked fine. But then there's that one dude that ambushed Javier and he looked like a whale got sm

• That would be who I was trying to describe

From that description can't tell which dude lol. My only problem with bearded dudes was the one who had his face animations broken. But this is supposed to be about TWAU2 not ANF.

• Ideally, I would hope they change nothing. I don't mind how the characters in Batman/ANF etc look, but for TWAU, I don't think I want that. The emphasis of the lines is what gives it the comic book look. I can see them doing it sadly and maybe it won't look too bad, I'm just worried about the comparison between how the first game looked - because it's already perfect imo.

• I hope the art style is further improved but generally the same. I loved the dark lines and the lighting with the shadows, it was very atmospheric.

A somewhat related note, I thought the soundtrack really complimented the art style, and I hope that remains an aspect.

• Batman S1 used the new engine. Twau seadon 1 used old engine

Tolispro posted: »

Well they're keeping the art style the same for batman season 2 as we can see in the teaser so I'm pretty sure that they'll keep the same art style for twau too.

• The comic graphic designs were perfect

Sign in to comment in this discussion.