What do you hate about your favourite video games? (SPOILER TALK)

2»

Comments

• enter image description here

BigBlindMax posted: »

Oblivion: Those NPC faces...dear fucking god those NPC faces...

• literally everything in lost izalith and demon ruins from dark souls.

• Until Dawn: No way to save Josh, who was my favorite character. Honestly, the best thing to do is just let him die.
    Game of Thrones Season 1: There's still no season 2. ;)
    Outlast: The overall length of the game. It should've been at least an hour longer, like the same length as the first Amnesia.
    The Walking Dead Season 1: As much as people complain about the s2 determinant deaths, the s1 determinant deaths were no different.
    The Last of Us: The ending.
    Batman Arkham Asylum: I don't HATE it, but the gameplay is a little dated, especially the combat system.

I'll edit my comment later when I think of more.

• I can relate. EA did the same to Star Wars: Battlefront. So happy they actually got smart now and are releasing the entire second Battlefront for one price!

Chris_93 posted: »

Battlefield 1 they chopped the game into bits and released them in DLCs which also took forever to be released. Thank you EA.

• The Last of Us

• The ending: Joel should have just let the operation be. You're talking about saving one person over, possibly, the rest of the world.
    • The AI really is terrible at times.
    • When you find almost every supporting character more interesting than the two main characters, something must have gone wrong in the writing room.

Until Dawn

• Not enough playtime for Emily.
    • Ashley is a horribly inconsistent character. "Shoot me... You chose to save me before, let me choose to save you." later causes Chris's death because he tried to shoot her
    • There wasn't enough varying dialogue for certain situations based on previous choices. Take the "bodies" scene in the mines for example.
    • The game is only around 6-8 hours long.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

• Claire's voice actress: She's not a bad actress, but she's not the right voice for Claire.
    • Playing as Barry/Natalia is not nearly as interesting as playing Claire/Moira.
    • I love Moira; it's all but said that she's never going to be in another RE game.

Resident Evil 6

• Jake and Piers were a mistake and should have never made it into early development.
    • Helena's great, but her backstory lasted for five minutes and was never brought up again after the second chapter.
    • This is not MGS, Capcom. So, why did you make 40% of Ada's campaign exactly that?
    • The floor is Sherry's relevance...

Persona 4

• "YoU'rE nOt Me"
    • Tedious dungeon crawling.

I'll edit this later for more.

• edited August 2017

The ending of TLoU should at least have been a choice: save Ellie or save the world. I love Ellie, but I'd have let her die.

And yeah, Ashley's a scumbag. Emily's underrated.

The Last of Us * The ending: Joel should have just let the operation be. You're talking about saving one person over, possibly, the res

• TLOU

.To perfect makes other games seem so dull and boring

Uncharted 4 and others

TO MUCH CLIMBING especially 4

Telltale games

.picking dialogue option and they say something different then the option indicated

.Game breaks and bugs

. When find out what happens when chose a different choice when replaying and makes no difference

AC games

Tracking people I hate or collectibles

Batman Arkham knight

No true ending till u find all riddler things

• Half-Life
    • lightmap limit (it drives me insane)

Fallout
    • cut content (it disappoints me)

Might & Magic VI
    • no thieving (I just love being a thief in RPGs)

• AMEN.

Minecraft: Story Mode * The vast number of people online, be it on Facebook or TTG.com, who hate the game and constantly complain about it without even playing a demo of it.

• Until Dawn

• The ridiculous plot armor Sam and Mike has that lasts for the vast majority of the story until the very last few minutes, while every other character besides Josh could die much earlier.
    • The limited screen-time Jessica and Matt has in comparison to everyone else. I would have also liked to have seen the two return to everyone in the lodge if they survived their first death event, long before the end of the story.
    • Josh being doomed from beginning to the end, where he either dies or becomes a Wendigo. I feel that he should have been allowed to be saved much like everyone else.
    • Sam's role in the story being forgettable at best despite being the main leading character, with her relationship with her 'best friend' Hannah having been left unexplored.

Siren series

• The fact that there has yet to be another sequel of my favourite survival horror series of all times.

The Last of Us

• Tess being killed off relatively early in the story, and was promptly forgotten until brought up again by Ellie in two scenes.
    • The Summer episodes, especially Pittsburgh, lasting for far longer than it needed to.
    • The final level in the Firefly Lab consisting of waves of soldiers with little to no tension of failure as Joel rushes to rescue Ellie who is about to be harvest on the operating table.

Final Fantasy IX

• Freya's role diminishing after Disc 2, when she had a strong introduction and presented an engaging role in the fall of Burmecia and Cleyra.
    • The lack of ATE Events regarding about Steiner, Freya, Beatrix, and the Tantulus' experiences while Zidane and Co went to the Outer Continent in search for Kuja, which I also felt that had dragged for too long.
    • Amarant's lack of a role in the story. Perhaps he could have easily been replaced by Lani instead?
    • Garnet/Dagger's summon abilities in battle from Disc 2 being limited to just one until in Disc 3, and even then she is crippled by her 'can't concentrate' mechanic upon being traumatized by the fall of Alexander, at least until later on in Disc 3.
  • Battlefield 1:
    -Some Weapons just outclass other Weapons of the same Type in every way
    -Shitty treatment of the Central Powers (no story, basically Kaiser-Nazis without Brains)
    -EA

All Plants vs. Zombies Games:
    -EA
    -Heavy balance issues

Night In The Woods:
    -Way to much focus on the Ghost Part

The Walking Dead (Season 1)
    -Duck
    -Inability to show a large number of Walkers
    -messed-up pacing in Around Every Corner

• edited August 2017

Red Dead Redemption
    Jack Marston, that kid is annoying.
    Ninja bears. Those bears are so bloody stealthy.
    Herbert Moon comping back to life every time.

Fallout 4
    Preston Garvey.

AC games
    Eavesdrop and follow missions.

Every Bethesda game that has companions
    Companions blocking a doorway.

• XCOM: ENEMY UNKNOWN

• The ending. Specifically the final boss. I thought it should have been more difficult, I ended up killing it in like three shots.

DRAGON AGE 2

• Anders, I hated him so much that I was glad when I got a chance to kill him. The guy started a war which I was successfully preventing up to that point.

DRAGON AGE INQUISITION

-The gameplay is really boring unless you're a mage.

MASS EFFECT 3

-Having to play the multiplayer in order to get a better ending.

-The ending is a disappointing mess, the second the ghost child shows up it becomes terrible.

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS: ULTIMATE EDITION (PS3)

-The game stops working late into any play through. Terrible lag and game breaking bugs. Which is a shame b/c it's probably my favorite game of all time, it just stops working after a while.

THE WITCHER 3

• It eventually ended.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.