Not a valid Win32 application

edited August 2009 in Game Support
I had no problems downloading the first part of Monkey Island, but I can't download part two. When I click the download link, it downloads two files: SiegeOfSpinnerCay_Setup.exe and SiegeOfSpinnerCay_Setup.exe.part

Double clicking on SiegeOfSpinnerCay_Setup.exe produces the error message "Not a valid Win32 application. I tried this on two different computers, tried clearing the cache and everything, all to no avail. Can anyone help?

Comments

• edited August 2009
    The 'part' thing on an extension usually means that the file has not been fully downloaded yet. Perhaps the download was terminated at some point without you noticing?
  • edited August 2009
    I've done it a million times on two different computers and it still doesn't work. The download window flashes up for only a second and then disappears, leaving the .exe file and the .part file on my desktop. The setup file clearly isn't downloading fully, but I don't know why. Help!
  • edited August 2009
    I don't know what's provoking it, but Firefox just "looses" your download. Try to use a download manager like FDM
  • edited August 2009
    I tried downloading with Internet Explorer instead, and it looks like it's working. Thanks!
  • edited August 2009
    No idea what was causing it... could you give me your exact Firefox version? You'll find it under Help/About Firefox and it looks something like this:
    "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.3a1pre) Gecko/20090820 Minefield/3.6a1pre LIKE Firefox/3.5"

Maybe it was just a cache corruption, but if it's reproducible, it may be important.
This discussion has been closed.