'The Spoils of War' Episode Discussion

2»

Comments

• Amazing episode! By far my favorite this season!

Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed seeing the Lannisters get a good ass kicking. They have had it coming for a long time after all the shit they've done.

Arya and Brienne sparring was also a highlight of the episode.

And of course Arya reuniting with Bran and Sansa was great as well.

• I can't lie, guys. That last battle, I was fully rooting for Jaime and Bronn. Most people see Dany as the Hero but to me it felt like Jaime and Bronn were the Heroes desperately trying to survive an attack from the villain. Dany is the conqueror and they were desperately trying to survive. Honestly I just cannot root for Dany after this episode. I felt like she was a monster here and it got me thinking. Her reasons for this war (imo) are ultimately selfish. This isn't the same as the Starks overthrowing the Boltons. This isn't some quest for justice or about overthrowing a tyrant. Dany's reasons for this are "My father sat in that chair, so I should get to sit in that chair!" You might see that as an oversimplification but it's true. I mean when Jaime took that desperate act to eliminate Dany, it looked like him trying to take down the villain. Jaime could've (should've) retreated but he refused to abandon his men. Also Dickon was a real MVP here. He's very quickly growing on me and I think it was him who saved Jaime at the end.

Dany once again got on my nerves with Jon as well. How she made it seem like Jon was the bad guy by making him out to be petty. I'm still hoping he doesn't give in to her. The North is finally free again! They haven't truly been free ever since Torrhen Stark bent the knee.

Also Tyrion. When he was watching the battle I couldn't help but think "That's your best friend down there! And your brother. You're just gonna watch this?" I don't know how Tyrion expects this war to end for Jaime and Bronn. Even if by some miracle Dany was feeling merciful, I don't imagine they'll be very forgiving.

Great episode though! I loved it. That final battle got me so excited while feeling dread at the same time.

• I agree with every single thing you said, except Dickon (bwahahaha) saving Jaime. The man saving him clearly only wears leather. Just after Bronn shot Drogon, he saw a white horse, then we saw Jaime attacking Dany, only to be saved by a man riding a white horse, with leather clothes and looking a lot darker than Dickon (bwahahaha). It's clearly Bronn in my opinion. I guess we'll see in a couple days, eh?

AgentZ46 posted: »

I can't lie, guys. That last battle, I was fully rooting for Jaime and Bronn. Most people see Dany as the Hero but to me it felt like Jaime

• I think you're right about Bronn which makes me really realize what a legend he is. He would've abandoned that gold for Jaime. He's come pretty far.

captainivy1 posted: »

I agree with every single thing you said, except Dickon (bwahahaha) saving Jaime. The man saving him clearly only wears leather. Just after

• AgentZ46 posted: »

I think you're right about Bronn which makes me really realize what a legend he is. He would've abandoned that gold for Jaime. He's come pretty far.

• Soo, you'd rather Cersei keep the throne? I mean, at least Dany burns her enemies in battle, Cersei blew up a sept full of people. Dany may not be perfect, but I find it much easier to root for her than the Lannister's.

I can't lie, guys. That last battle, I was fully rooting for Jaime and Bronn. Most people see Dany as the Hero but to me it felt like Jaime

• Now that's a tricky one. I don't think I can outright declare for Cersei but I just can't root for Dany. She is afterall the invader in this scenario.

Soo, you'd rather Cersei keep the throne? I mean, at least Dany burns her enemies in battle, Cersei blew up a sept full of people. Dany may not be perfect, but I find it much easier to root for her than the Lannister's.

• Perhaps we should all just root for Jon ;)

Now that's a tricky one. I don't think I can outright declare for Cersei but I just can't root for Dany. She is afterall the invader in this scenario.

• I do root for Jon! :)

I'm still hoping that he refuses to bend the knee and keep the North free.

Perhaps we should all just root for Jon

• This is where it gets hard for me to choose. I hate Daenerys because I find her boring in more or less every aspect. Whereas I love Cersei as a villain.. I usually find a liking for villains. I still don't want Cersei on the throne though. That throne should go to my boi Littlefinger, although that is very unlikely. Second best would be my man Jon, and I hope he'll get that throne one day.

Another candidate is definitely Hot Pie. I mean, come on! He is a born ruler.

So yes, choosing between Cersei and Dany to keep the throne, I'd go with Cersei. She did questionable things to get the throne, but since she got the throne, she hasn't done anything 'bad', has she? She is really just protecting the kingdom from a foreign threat. Also, Cersei has more interesting characters in my opinion. The only 2 living "Team Dany" Right now is Varys and Tyrion.

Soo, you'd rather Cersei keep the throne? I mean, at least Dany burns her enemies in battle, Cersei blew up a sept full of people. Dany may not be perfect, but I find it much easier to root for her than the Lannister's.

• Well Cersei did bring Ironborn into the fold and we know what they're famous for. Then again... so did Dany and on top of that she recruited Dothraki.

captainivy1 posted: »

This is where it gets hard for me to choose. I hate Daenerys because I find her boring in more or less every aspect. Whereas I love Cersei a

• Guys, I just watched a really good video dedicated to Jaime and it's pretty centred around this episode so I thought I'd show it.

• No, the golden company have been in essos, I'm hoping that they allied with Gendry, and gendry has taken the place of Griff in the books

Pahn711 posted: »

Didn't Stannis hire the golden company before he went North? I thought they deserted and took the horses before the final march on Winterfell...so much for never breaking a contract!

• edited August 2017

The Starks taking the North from the Boltons, a lineage who killed a great deal of their kin - legitimate.

Daenerys taking the throne from a lieneage who literally murdered every last man, woman and child from her kin - illegitimate and villanious.

I guess had the Boltons held the North for a few more years and the Starks attempting taking it back would've been considered invasion and pilleage?

Of course not.

People will literally find any reason to hate on Daenerys. She is not the smartest ruler, I wholeheartedly agree, her performance at Mereen was... Mediocre, to say the least. But when you put Dany's skill at rulling next to Cersei's - a woman who fills her small council with incompetent people, makes huge important allied houses enemies simply because of her own paranoia and jealousy, murders civilians to get her way and last but definitely not less important fills the capital with an army of armed religious fanatics... Yeah, Daenerys sudenly starts to look appealing.

Daenerys may suck herself but she does listen to people around her. She does care about the seven kingdoms and its people as proven by her listening to every single plea from her advisors to not turn the capital into a crisp.

• He's the most generic character imo, totally white morality

Perhaps we should all just root for Jon

• I disagree. He's had several "grey" moments, such as hanging the traitors last season.

Flog61 posted: »

He's the most generic character imo, totally white morality

• edited August 2017

My mistake, it was the Stormcrows who deserted...

No, the golden company have been in essos, I'm hoping that they allied with Gendry, and gendry has taken the place of Griff in the books

• BitterSteel826218 I doubt it man,Plus Gendry is not that amusing and he doesn't have the plot twist young Gyff has on the books.

No, the golden company have been in essos, I'm hoping that they allied with Gendry, and gendry has taken the place of Griff in the books

• Finally someone who can put my thoughts into words :D

The Starks taking the North from the Boltons, a lineage who killed a great deal of their kin - legitimate. Daenerys taking the throne fro

• Having a clear cut image of what's right and wrong doesn't necessarily make a character generic or bland. Jon may be very moral but he has flaws. Plus he's changed a lot. Back in season 1 Jon was pretty hot headed and arrogant. Even now Jon is pretty impulsive.

Flog61 posted: »

He's the most generic character imo, totally white morality

Sign in to comment in this discussion.