Analyzing the Trophies/Acheivements [Album Titles]

Now, I don't normally do this, as I believe that sometimes these chapter names can be somewhat off, either due to rewrites or simple inconsistencies with the pre-planning of achievements.... But I find that recently Telltale has stayed their course with their series and they've lived up to their names somewhat well.
So, I took a glance at the Episode 3 chapter titles (as well as all the others) and based on the recent trailer I might be able to predict some situation or another, though the titles being from various albums and sort of abstract will leave me stumped on a few. Whether or not I remember this later on we'll see, but It'd be for the better if I'm either wrong or forget about it all.

If you'd like to see the acheivements and their respective artists, look at THIS comment. I gladly made a list of it all soon after the release of EP1.

Starting from what's already happened, we can see clearly they fit either literally or thematically:

Episode 1
- Chp 1: Appetite For Destruction
A reference to Thanos, of course, and the immense destructions he has caused across the galaxy.
- Chp 2: Permanent Waves
I believe this appears after Thanos' death, so the title is very fitting.
- Chp 3: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
This title most likely refers to the plot itself, and the shift in tone it will have following the happy-go-lucky victorious bar scene. This achievement appears right after the bar scene.
- Chp 4: We're Only In It For the Money
This pops up right after your choice of who to give Thanos' body to, and considering the reward you get for it later... it makes sense.
- Chp 5: Electric Warrior
The scene that precedes this achievement does not exactly fit to the title, not even thematically (The trade-off of Thanos' body and the fight with Hala and her goons). So if anyone has a clue as to what this would represent, do clarify for me.
- Chp 6: It's Only Rock n' Roll
Again, I don't see how Hala nearly killing Peter and him getting revived by a vision of his mother is representative of this...

Episode 2
- Chp 1: Double Fantasy
This appears right after Peter's vision of his mother stargazing with him, though the vision/memory seems to be more warped than last time. Both Peter and Yondu see this, and I adore how the title fits the preceding events perfectly.
- Chp 2: Creatures of the Night

This chapter title actually refers to the one about to unfold (if you chose to go to Halfworld first) as it fits better with the aspect of Otter and Racoon team-up.
- Chp 3: Every Picture Tells A Story

Now, this title could also refer to the previous one, given that it is a memory, and "picture" could mean something nostalgic.. I don't see how this would fit with the apprehension of Nebula, if you chose to go get her first, of course.
- Chp 4: Too Fast For Love

The "love" part of this most likely refers to the relationship between Gamora and Nebula (if that was what happened in the previous chapter for you..) But I guess it could also refer to the Love between Lylla and Rocket and their escape occurring so fast, Rocket never got to say goodbye...
- Chp 5: Fly By Night

Since the Rush song of the same name is about a major turning point of someone's life, this could refer to a major turning point in the mystery of the Eternity Forge given that you just got a clue from the first temple... Too bad it isn't revealed until EP3.
- Chp 6: Space Oddity
Well, this most likely refers to the mysterious thing found inside the second Temple of the Forge or the strange forces it possesses inside...

This is the part where things get really vague. These titles can get very abstract (and let's face it, they weren't made for this game... so I'll just give a brief, vague description on what the general situation might be.

Episode 3
- Chp 1: Living in the Past
Based on the trailer, it seems that the Temple tricks its visitors to see things from their past (Like the cathedral where Meredith's funeral was), so it fits well as far as I know.
- Chp 2: A Kind of Magic
Something Magical happens? Maybe Peter's mother is revealed to be alive?
- Chp 3: Masters of Reality
This probably refers to the Forge and the mysterious powers that are [hopefully finally] revealed.
- Chp 4: A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Following the last one, this chapter probably contains the big choice that was unfortunately spoiled in the trailers, and would make sense if the Forge is revealed to be [hopefully finally] much more powerful than previously thought.
- Chp 5: Blood on the Tracks
This either occurs before or after a fight with Hala, as I think she appears to take the Forge for herself. Again.
- Chp 6: The Dark Side of the Moon
Whatever it is, this title is ominous. Something big will happen at the end. Will Hala be victorious in taking the Forge back?

Episode 4
- Chp 1: Women and Children First
This I can clearly see being Drax's flashback portion. Hovat and Kamaria are women and children respectively, so it makes perfect sense.
- Chp 2: Darkness on the Edge of Town
Not sure about this.
- Chp 3: Out of Our Heads
Again... not sure. Maybe it's one of those moments where you question what lengths are you willing to go to finish this mission? "Out of Our Heads" ... Out of our minds?
- Chp 4: Obscured by Clouds

Some struggle happens here.
- Chp 5: Everybody Knows This is Nowhere
It'd be fitting to return to Knowhere here. The title is begging for it.
- Chp 6: Bridge Over Troubled Water
Another big thing happens here. Given that the expression represents something that guides or protects someone from a certain problem, it may not all be bad.

Episode 5
- Chp 1: Everything Changes
Someone better not die here.
- Chp 2: Wish You Were Here
Again, someone better not be dead. Maybe this refers to bringing someone back using the Forge.
- Chp 3: Diary of a Madman
Madman? Thanos? Has he returned?
- Chp 4: Bringing It All Back Home
I don't know... maybe we go to Earth but that just doesn't seem right.
- Chp 5: All Things Must Pass
Whatever this chapter is about, it's metaphorical for some event that occurs.
- Chp 6: Brothers In Arms
Everyone makes it out alive and we're all happy?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.