Fatal bug

edited August 2009 in Game Support
Hi,

When I get to Spoon Island and try to walk around in the jungle, the game crashes (twice, following different routes.) I let the Microsoft error thing run, but do you want a copy of the save game from just before I walk into the jungle?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    I don't know if the savegame would help telltale, but it wouldn't hurt either.

If it always happens in the same place, your installation file might have been corrupted during download. You should try downloading and installing it again this way:

Fresh Download
    Uninstall the game and choose not to delete your save games.
    Then make a clean download as described below, and install it.

Deleting temporary internet files:

Before downloading it again it is generally recommended that you
    delete your browsers cache/temporary internet files so that it is not loaded from there:

Internet Explorer 7: In the menu choose "Extras/Delete Browsing History...". In the resulting Window select "Delete files..." for "Temporary Internet Files".

In recent Firefox and Internet Explorer 8 you can delete the cache/temporary internet files with CTRL-Shift-Del.

In Firefox you would only select "Cache".

In Internet Explorer only select "Temporary Internet Files".
    Uncheck all other boxes in each case.

After installation check if the error still occurs.

If that doesn't help it's best if you give us some system information.
    Please start dxdiag:
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Now you have two options to make it accessible for us. Pick the one that works best for you:
    1. If you know how, you can zip the file and attach it to a message.
    2. You can upload it to Rapidshare and copy the link to the file into a new message.
  • edited August 2009
    Thanks, will try out these suggestions.
  • edited August 2009
    Save file is attached. The quickest way to trigger the crash is to walk into the jungle and turn right, but I got another one when I'd gone left and wandered around for a bit.
  • edited August 2009
    Reinstalling fixed the most obvious fail point, will let you know if I have any more problems. Thanks for the advice.
  • edited August 2009
    Ooooookay. Now it's crashing when I try to launch the game. The point where I shut the game down down was just after the siege had started, and I'd gone to Spoon Island to look for LeChuck.

Diagnostic information, preferances, autosave and last clean save are attached.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    Ooooookay. Now it's crashing when I try to launch the game. The point where I shut the game down down was just after the siege had started, and I'd gone to Spoon Island to look for LeChuck.

Diagnostic information, preferances, autosave and last clean save are attached.

So you were able to play after reinstalling, but now you can't even start the game anymore?
    Can you explain in some more detail what the crash looks like?

Also try installing the latest audio and video drivers dell provides for your notebook.
  • edited August 2009
    I rebooted my computer, and it played the rest of the way alright. The crash happened when I'd started the game and clicked the "Launch Game" button, at which point the game closed and I got the standard Microsoft message asking if I wanted to send system information to them.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    I rebooted my computer, and it played the rest of the way alright. The crash happened when I'd started the game and clicked the "Launch Game" button, at which point the game closed and I got the standard Microsoft message asking if I wanted to send system information to them.

So it works now since the reboot?

If it happens again, please copy the system information from the error message here. Text or Screenshot, what ever works better for you.
This discussion has been closed.