Updated Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 2 posted

xtrmntrxtrmntr Telltale Alumni
edited September 2009 in Game Support
Hi all,

The team's just uploaded an updated version of Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 2.

Those that have experienced audio issues will find improvements here.

You can get it from the same location:

http://www.telltalegames.com/download/siegeofspinnercay

This is replacing the prior version and becomes the standard game download version going forward.

Best,

- Eric, Telltale

Comments

• edited August 2009
    I <3 Telltale. :)
  • edited August 2009
    Thanks for listening to us! You are the best!!
  • edited August 2009
    Thank you very much for doing this, Telltale. From a few minutes' play the voices seem to be significantly improved and the letter "s" is no longer painful to hear! Please keep up this standard for future episodes.
  • BasBas
    edited August 2009
    Wonderful! I never expected this to actually happen. Can't wait to try it.

Thanks guys!
  • edited August 2009
    Thank you! This is the best news I've ever heard! Thank you so much!
  • edited August 2009
    Your save games carry over to the new installation automatically. Just keep the old game installed, and install the new one. The installer sorts it all out for you.

I'm genuinely chuffed that Telltale listened, especially as I wasn't expecting a retroactive fix. I had hoped that the thread would cause them to rethink future audio, but this is really above and beyond. Thank you. :)
  • edited August 2009
    Now that's a nice thing to hear, Telltale. :)
  • edited August 2009
    but for me, this version is worse than the previous one.
    In the previous version, I got to the launcher, but the game crashed after clicking "Launch game".

Now, The game crashes even before I get to the launcher! I see nothing.
  • edited August 2009
    ...whoa. Rather surprised.

Un-Telltale like.
  • edited August 2009
    See, all they needed was a support group... You can do it telltale, you can kick compression for good XD

(Actually, I just want to see them go through the 12 steps... be sure you bring a camera for "making amends" ;) )
  • edited August 2009
    Thank you... not really because the issue bothered me that much, but because I think there's a decent chance now that the forum will become usable again.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2009
    I believe this is now up on Steam as well. It should auto-update for you.
  • xtrmntrxtrmntr Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2009
    But you will need to completely quit & re-start your Steam client to get the patch. Or so I have heard...
  • edited August 2009
    Is there any way to be notified within the launcher that a new version of the episode is available, or some sort of auto-update function?

I have Launch of the Screaming Narwhal ver. 1.0.0.15
    and Siege of Spinner Cay ver. 1.0.0.18, I'm downloading the Spinner Cay update as I write this.

However, I'm not sure if there has been an update to Narwhal after 1.0.0.15, unless I search the forum, or just go ahead an re-download the installer from the "My Games" page.

Also, and this may be a little off-topic, but I'm surprised that each chapter has its own launcher, I was expecting each chapter to be integrated into the same launcher when I first booted Launch of the Screaming Narwhal. Is that sort of thing going to be available with the compilation DVD?

ToMI is my first TellTale product, so I don't have any previous experience with the final "season" package and how it behaves.

Thanks,
    -Steffen
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2009
    On the season DVD it has one unified launcher for all episodes. As for update warnings, to be honest our episode updates are so few and far between that we haven't actually needed one. I think we've only actually updated two episodes in the time since SM2 finished.

Also the Season dvd will have all of the most recent versions as well. At any rate, I'll bring up some ideas with the team. If nothing else, maybe we can get the version numbers more publicly listed.
  • edited September 2009
    Is there a way we can configure the settings -before- we launch the game? I was able to launch the game only by geting someone to send me a pref.prop file with a different resolution than the default (for some reason, my laptop doesn't like the default configuration and crashes before I ever get to the title screen, meaning I can't make adjustments at all to it.)
This discussion has been closed.