Play It Again, Sam - Idea

edited September 2009 in Sam & Max
Basically, my idea is that for one week, or six weeks, TTG posters replay each episode of Sam and Max in order. Then, they come here and post how many times they've played the episode, what they hated, what they loved. It would probably work best as an episode-a-week format, but I thought this would be a neat idea for us to all replay it at the same time in wait for Season Three. Anyone else like this isea?:)

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Basically, my idea is that for one week, or six weeks, TTG posters replay each episode of Sam and Max in order. Then, they come here and post how many times they've played the episode, what they hated, what they loved. It would probably work best as an episode-a-week format, but I thought this would be a neat idea for us to all replay it at the same time in wait for Season Three. Anyone else like this isea?:)

Few things, 1 Love it, but I would hold this back till season 2 comes out on both 360 and wii, that way more of an audience can play the entire 2 seasons(me who only got season 1 because of a Wii release) Also check the part I bolded in your quote.
  • edited August 2009
    I was going to say we do season one over six weeks for that reason. Then we give it a break, and come back when season 2 is released. I think I'll replay it on wii this time, as I have replayed it too often on Xbox.
  • edited August 2009
    I really like the idea! I'd be up for it.
  • edited August 2009
    I think I'll start it on the 7th, with a thread starting the same day. Throughout the week, people will discuss just that episode, almost as if it just launched, in that thread. The next monday, Situation: Comedy opens up.
  • edited August 2009
    I think I'll start it on the 7th, with a thread starting the same day. Throughout the week, people will discuss just that episode, almost as if it just launched, in that thread. The next monday, Situation: Comedy opens up.

Too bad I got school started then.I'll still try to get the time to play one episode per week.
  • edited August 2009

I like the idea, I was planning to replay these games once again anyway :)
  • edited August 2009
    Cool idea :) I only just finished season two for the first time, so this will be a good way to help the time pass until season three (that, and monkey island)
  • edited August 2009
    Oh man. I already have just started replaying the episodes. I'm in the middle of episode 3 now.

Oh well, I can at least post my review on Culture Shock and Situation Comedy, when the correct week comes.
  • edited September 2009

I would do a longer review but my browser crashed and disgarded it after I finished it. :(
    Basic outline:

Loved the designs, most of the characters (Sam, Max, Bosco and Specs), the observations, neatly plotted story (if slow), liked the newspaper headlines and the line: fire away grizzly!, and the psychoanalysis puzzles, the ending was also quite a joyous spectacle. The driving sequences + The pulling overs. The El Train - made the neighbourhood feel alive - which it really isn't at the moment with Sam and Max just wondering around.

Didn't like Sybil and the other soda poppers, some of the observations like the gumball machine and of some Bosco's products were quite weak, the office - (sorry but I have to talk about future episodes here) having had so many future episodes with the office in it, with better things like Whack-a-Rat, etc. it just seemed quite dull, despite some interesting observational jokes.

Overall, a good starter episode, that had some good things to say, a tight and neat plot, story was quite interesting (unlike a few later S+M ep's), plus the characters introduced quite well, apart from my exceptions: Sybil - annoying sterotype figure that in this episode I had no fondness for, Soda Poppers - Do I need to go there?

Plus the score was amazing, and characters and location designs were pretty much without faults.
  • edited September 2009
    I would do a longer review but my browser crashed and disgarded it after I finished it. :(
    Basic outline:

Loved the designs, most of the characters (Sam, Max, Bosco and Specs), the observations, neatly plotted story (if slow), liked the newspaper headlines and the line: fire away grizzly!, and the psychoanalysis puzzles, the ending was also quite a joyous spectacle. The driving sequences + The pulling overs. The El Train - made the neighbourhood feel alive - which it really isn't at the moment with Sam and Max just wondering around.

Didn't like Sybil and the other soda poppers, some of the observations like the gumball machine and of some Bosco's products were quite weak, the office - (sorry but I have to talk about future episodes here) having had so many future episodes with the office in it, with better things like Whack-a-Rat, etc. it just seemed quite dull, despite some interesting observational jokes.

Overall, a good starter episode, that had some good things to say, a tight and neat plot, story was quite interesting (unlike a few later S+M ep's), plus the characters introduced quite well, apart from my exceptions: Sybil - annoying sterotype figure that in this episode I had no fondness for, Soda Poppers - Do I need to go there?

Plus the score was amazing, and characters and location designs were pretty much without faults.

The thread hasn't started yet. It'll be up soon!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.