Will we ever see S&M Freelance Police

2»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Is that Sybil in the third Video???
    And the Character-Design looks very familiar!
  • edited January 2010
    if you want to know what it would have been like, you should watch the unsceen clips on youtube from freelance police. sorry if these have been posted already. i especially love the second one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY65fu7EsCw&feature=channel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoDpeQmTUds&feature=channel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek03mP1k-cc&feature=channel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_GZIRieVZw&feature=channel

That last one. O_O
  • edited January 2010
    Is that Sybil in the third Video???
    And the Character-Design looks very familiar!

Keep in mind TTG was founded by the guys that were working on S+M:FP, so some of the designes are bound to be similat
  • edited January 2010
    Yes, and it seems some of the other characters
    too, and perhaps some Parts or ideas for the Story ?
  • edited January 2010
    Yes, and it seems some of the other characters
    too, and perhaps some Parts or ideas for the Story ?

No, they stated NONE of FP was used in the TTG series because LA owns FP and all associated characters, plots, etc.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2010
    There are surely some similarities aesthetically since many of the same people (including Steve Purcell) worked on both games, but there are no actual characters or stories from Freelance Police in any of Telltale's Sam & Max games.
  • edited January 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    There are surely some similarities aesthetically since many of the same people (including Steve Purcell) worked on both games, but there are no actual characters or stories from Freelance Police in any of Telltale's Sam & Max games.

ok... than the woman is sybil`s twin sister :rolleyes:
  • edited January 2010
    If someone at Telltale has the game, I think it would be really interesting if they made it available for download (assuming they're allowed to), no matter how buggy and unfinished it is. Or if it's in a completely unplayable state, releasing a whole bunch of assets from the game would be awesome too. I remember a few years back, GSC GameWorld released a very early version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R on their website, it was really interesting to see how much the final product had changed. I would be awesome if Telltale could do something similar.
  • edited January 2010
    FireAza wrote: »
    If someone at Telltale has the game, I think it would be really interesting if they made it available for download (assuming they're allowed to), no matter how buggy and unfinished it is. Or if it's in a completely unplayable state, releasing a whole bunch of assets from the game would be awesome too. I remember a few years back, GSC GameWorld released a very early version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R on their website, it was really interesting to see how much the final product had changed. I would be awesome if Telltale could do something similar.

You'd have to talk to LA about it, TTG has _no_ rights to LA games. your ONLY hope would be if one of the TTG guys would tell us the basic plot of FP. (and if they signed a nondisclosure agreement, your SOL)
  • edited January 2010
    Purcell offered a very general description of Freelance Police's overarching plot in an interview with Mixnmojo:
    Sam & Max Freelance Police [...] was initially an episodic concept and had to do with a hidden tropical continent called Subarctica ruled by an enormous penquin queen.

I also think that, taken together, the various interviews about the game over the years both prior to and following the cancellation have included vague overviews of most or all of the game's six cases.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2010
    Well that's just ridiculous... penguins don't live in the tropics. :p
  • edited January 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Well that's just ridiculous... penguins don't live in the tropics. :p

Roaches dont live on the moon.

What's your point? ;)
    edited January 2010
    Ashton wrote: »
    Roaches dont live on the moon.

What's your point? ;)

My point is that the ridiculousness of a penguin in the tropics pales in comparison to the ridiculousness of an undiscovered continent ruled by an enormous... oh wait, I think you were joking. :p
  • edited January 2010
    You'd have to talk to LA about it, TTG has _no_ rights to LA games. your ONLY hope would be if one of the TTG guys would tell us the basic plot of FP. (and if they signed a nondisclosure agreement, your SOL)
    Well, Telltale is already working together with LucasArts on Monkey Island stuff... *hint* *hint* ;)
  • edited January 2010
    I dont see why everyone is so insane about S+M:FP, We have soemthing that's is liekly 10x better and longer than the original LA title and clearly TTG is more devoted to their fans than LA ever was. Cant you people be happy with what you have? I wouldnt be suprised of most of you would gladly give up the TTG series just to get that 1 game from LA!
  • edited January 2010
    I dont see why everyone is so insane about S+M:FP, We have soemthing that's is liekly 10x better and longer than the original LA title and clearly TTG is more devoted to their fans than LA ever was. Cant you people be happy with what you have? I wouldnt be suprised of most of you would gladly give up the TTG series just to get that 1 game from LA!

I think it's natural to assume we get Freelance Police on top of a new series :)
    Seriously, though, a lot of effort and presumably great ideas went into that game, and it's no wonder everyone would like to see them.
  • edited January 2010
    S@bre wrote: »
    and we wanted to get a little bit more of that dirt on the streets, and the paper cups and people being mean and nasty.
    Source

That is a joke, isn't it? Remember the cat treatment in "Hit the road", or the intro with the safe dropping on a thiefs head (Max: "Die die, why don't you die?"). Remember "Whack the rat"?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2010
    donut wrote: »
    That is a joke, isn't it? Remember the cat treatment in "Hit the road", or the intro with the safe dropping on a thiefs head (Max: "Die die, why don't you die?"). Remember "Whack the rat"?

What do you mean? Of course people remember things.
  • edited January 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    What do you mean? Of course people remember things.

I think he's asking for the TTG S+M to get more violent and just mean and cruel...
  • edited January 2010
    I think he's asking for the TTG S+M to get more violent and just mean and cruel...

So more Soda Poppers, then?
    edited January 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    So more Soda Poppers, then?

Make it stop, make it stop!! :(
  • edited January 2010
    donut wrote: »

Hey, don't blame me. That's just what Grossman said.
  • edited January 2010
    You mean like dropping a bowling ball on Specs' head, or sawing a rib from the monster while he's totally awake and conscious? Or nuking Washington DC? What about all the opportunities you get to drive recklessly down the street, uprooting streetlights and shooting wildly?
  • edited January 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    You mean like dropping a bowling ball on Specs' head, or sawing a rib from the monster while he's totally awake and conscious? Or nuking Washington DC? What about all the opportunities you get to drive recklessly down the street, uprooting streetlights and shooting wildly?

lol. hey, _i'm_ not the one complaining :D

(though I do think the streets look a little *too* clean...)
  • edited January 2010
    Distributing S&M Freelance police is 100% illegal for Telltale games to do. And it would be HORRIBLE if someone who had the code decided to compile what was done and leak it on a torrent. ....Just horrible. ...So please don't do it. It's just not cool.

(that was sarcasm. i really WANT that to happen.)

(soooooo.... whenever you feel the time is right go ahead and git 'er done.)

(...yea let's go. upload that shiz)
  • edited February 2010
    Maybe now that LucasArts has made friends with TTG, they could do a deal to finish what was started in Freelance Police.

Personaly, I'd love to play that game. And from the looks of it, the graphical style they were using for it was pretty much the same TTG is using now, so they could really start from where they left it.
  • edited February 2010
    My personal fantasy is that the game gets released, but it is stated in no uncertain terms that it takes place in an alternate universe. Then, when the next Sam & Max season (at least season 4) is released, it is stated in no uncertain terms that Sam & Max are DEFINITELY GOING TO DIE FOREVER AND NEVER COME BACK EVER. The catch? At one point in the season, the Telltale and LucasArts universes cross over. Sam and Max would indeed die, but... which ones?
  • edited February 2010
    Maybe both companies can come to some agreement where Freelance Police can be released as a bonus with a future season...? Maybe redub the characters' voices so they can avoid the legal issue with the former actors....

Though I guess that's a little complex to legally get a canned game released for the sake of mere curiosity ><
  • edited February 2010
    Maybe both companies can come to some agreement where Freelance Police can be released as a bonus with a future season...? Maybe redub the characters' voices so they can avoid the legal issue with the former actors....

Though I guess that's a little complex to legally get a canned game released for the sake of mere curiosity ><

Have those wacky Germans do the voices! ALL OF THEM.
  • edited February 2010
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Have those wacky Germans do the voices! ALL OF THEM.

wait what?
  • edited February 2010
    Katsuro wrote: »
    wait what?

Is it weird I totally imagined you going like 'Wait, what?' and then the evil Telltale people hit you over the head with a cricket bat?
  • edited February 2010
    Is it weird I totally imagined you going like 'Wait, what?' and then the evil Telltale people hit you over the head with a cricket bat?

Not really, since this is actually how a day in the office looks like.

They take turns.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    We would all gang up, but it's surprisingly hard to get cricket bats in America. We only have the one for now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.