A couple of questions about the lore and some stuff that don't make sense

First of all I'm trying to understand what is the relationship between the mundys and fables? because it seems like the mundys knows about the fables's stories, and moreover, it actually affects how resilient a fable is... but why is that?
A second and more important question is why all the fables are such a big lazy bones? why the only thing they can do for a living is either be prostitutes or work at the fables office? if they have glummer they should be able to find some decent job, especially since they are kind of immortal and can learn how to do a lot of stuff... Toad keeps whining about how expansive glummer is, but if he had moved is ass and worked he might could have afforded it.. And beauty and beast has no excuse.... I don't get it...

Comments

• Well the first question is that its suppose to just be the generic "We know them as just fairy tales but they are actually real! We just dont know it!" For the more well known the Fable the stronger they are type deal, I guess we can just say its "magic" non of this is really explained in the comics, its kinda just the rule Bill Willingham placed at the very start.

Well that's more so because the Fables basically have their own secret government. They dont want to really interact with Mundys that much so that Mundys dont find out. So this leads into the Fables gov being not that great, so it is hard for the other Fables. Also for Toad, the whole issue with him is, he is a Toad, and Mundys can see this. Toad cant get a job because he looks like a Toad, and because he has no job he cant afford glamour, so he is basically stuck.

• edited February 2018

Thanks for the quick answer, but now I have few more.. so Toad case is clear, but what about the woodcutter and the little mermaid? they don't have a problem to pose as a normal human... same with Faith... It's a big issue because it makes the whole conflict between the Fable government and the fables themselves (all the things Grendel and his friends whine about throughout the game) pretty pointless... I mean how is the government supposed to help them if they don't help themselves?

Another unrelated (or maybe a little bit related) question - What is going on the farm? how can fables stay hidden in the farm and how they can live there? I mean how they provide for themselves there?
    BTW sorry if my grammar is not great.

• The Woodsman is a drunk which is why he doesn't even try to work. As far as Faith and Lilly, oftentimes the easiest and fastest money for a woman with no education is stripping. It's sad but its just how things are a lot of the times. They could have tried waitressing, secretary work, something else but the Puddin' and Pie had the quick easy money that they wanted.

The Farm and a couple miles of the land surrounding it are all protected by magic so they aren't discovered by mundys. That is how they stay hidden, and Bigby mentions that something like 90% of all the money the Fabletown government receives goes to the Farm. Despite how nice they try and make it for the fables there, they still perceive it as a prison which results in some uprisings.

Abitran posted: »

Thanks for the quick answer, but now I have few more.. so Toad case is clear, but what about the woodcutter and the little mermaid? they don

• Well they all have their own personalities. Just because you are around forever doesnt mean you will 100% be successful and wealthy. Theres people today who have lived a full life and never were able to retire, also these Fables have live for years now, times change a lot. Also some are better off than others because some of the Fables were able to escape the homelands with all their previous wealth. The only reason Bluebeard is so powerful is because he was one of those people.

Like VengefulKenny said, the farm is already in a remote place in Upstate New York, and it is protected with magic. Id recommend reading the comics or even go on the Fables wiki and do a quick read for the farm as it explains a lot about the life style there.

Abitran posted: »

Thanks for the quick answer, but now I have few more.. so Toad case is clear, but what about the woodcutter and the little mermaid? they don

• In all honesty, even launching up the game and reading through the Book of Fables would answer all of those questions. Speaking of which, I actually hope they bring it back for S2

Poogers555 posted: »

Well they all have their own personalities. Just because you are around forever doesnt mean you will 100% be successful and wealthy. Theres

• Same, the book of Fables was a fun thing to recollect and gave some replay value

Jacol posted: »

In all honesty, even launching up the game and reading through the Book of Fables would answer all of those questions. Speaking of which, I actually hope they bring it back for S2

Sign in to comment in this discussion.