How is TWAU canon to Fables?

edited April 2018 in The Wolf Among Us

Okey so basically I played this game like 10 times already and I finally decided to read the comic book. From what I know the game is supposed to be canon and be like 20~ years before the first Issue of Fables. So could you explain to me one thing - why Snow is like Bigby's good friend/love interest in the game, they have good chemistry and stuff like that and in the comic it's pretty much from the beginning like formal between them, not really any friendship, quite many arguments. He still sees her as a love interest and they get together later, but from the beginning those two are just like... you know - nothing like in the game. I suppose that a lot could have happened in those 20 years between the game and comic yet still I don't see what could really happen that got both of them to the point at the beginning of comic.

Comments

• I think the game was setting up that Snow and Bigby kinda grow farther apart than before because Snow would become deputy Mayor and pretty much run all of Fabletown leading to a lot of stress. Lots of the time in the comics, especially the early comics Snow comes off rude due to being so busy.

• And the matter with her sister, the reappearance of Prince Charming, pregnancy and more.
    Looking back, I think it was just the general stress and responsibility that made her come off as cold and rude. Later in the comics when she doesn't have all the responsibilities anymore, she really resembles how she is in the game.

Poogers555 posted: »

I think the game was setting up that Snow and Bigby kinda grow farther apart than before because Snow would become deputy Mayor and pretty m

• Yeah I get that she could've changed her attitude towards the world (you know what I mean) and be more cold and rude yet at the beginning they just talk to each other not like friends, but more some sort of "co-workers". I understand that they don't have that chemistry as they used to have as after everything that happened after Crooked Man she changed a lot (well she had to anyway). It's just - if you're a good friend of someone and even if you change a lot you don't just go with "Mr Wolf you've got a case to solve", "Okay, I'm on it Miss White". Just doesn't seem any right to me.

Poogers555 posted: »

I think the game was setting up that Snow and Bigby kinda grow farther apart than before because Snow would become deputy Mayor and pretty m

• Well they got to good point when they were in forest after the spell. They talked to each other quite normal and she seemed to be more herself if we talk about the game.

And the matter with her sister, the reappearance of Prince Charming, pregnancy and more. Looking back, I think it was just the general str

Sign in to comment in this discussion.