Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 Discussion

14567810»

Comments

• Super cool, can't wait, October is stacked with games omg
    (I'm afraid for Alan Wake, buried by major game releases again)

The deluxe edition surprisingly has no DLC plans like the first game, just a bunch of extra, weird armoured suits.
    Not my kinda thing, I'll just stick with standard.

Those early unlock "Assassins Creed" looking suits are weird but badass IMO!

AronDracula posted: »

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1666899910455889921 https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1666901223537262592

• edited June 2023

You can listen to what is probably the main theme of Insomniac's Spider-Man 2 on streaming services now!

• Do I even need to say anything?????

• edited July 2023

It's taken a long time and I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner, but the very first Limited Edition themed PS5 is finally on its way!

(According to the description, the Console Covers can be bought seperately! Cool!)

• edited July 2023

This looks really cool and great, but it's definitely very strange to see that between the release of the first game and the sequel, characters going forward look or sound completely different.

Peter's got a new face, Mary Jane too, and Harry Osborn isn't voiced by Scott Porter anymore -- it's actually Josh Keaton no it is not, google kinda lied to me

Do I even need to say anything?????

• That was Josh Keaton???? Now that would make the relationship between Peter and Harry even better and more emotional. It's even funnier that Yuri (Spidey) already fought Josh in the first game, when he played Electro. Now he is gonna fight him again, well sort of. But yeah, I still don't get the choice of replacing Scott Porter.

Peter's face looks much better here than he did in Remastered and Miles Morales. Although I still wish they gave him a bigger hair.

Mary Jane....my spider sense is tingling, not because of danger.....

AChicken posted: »

This looks really cool and great, but it's definitely very strange to see that between the release of the first game and the sequel, charact

• edited July 2023

IGNORE WHAT I SAID I AM COMPLETELY WRONG

No, that is not Josh Keaton.

I googled it, and Google foolishly/rightfully told me that Josh Keaton played Harry Osborn in Spider-Man 2 -- but actually the movie tie-in game from 2004!! Oops!
    https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Spider-Man-2-The-Video-Game/Harry-Osborn/

The internet seems to agree that it is Graham Phillips, just based on people familiar with the actor's face and voice. -- he is most notable to nerds as the guy who played Ben 10 in the live-action film from 15 years ago...

That was Josh Keaton???? Now that would make the relationship between Peter and Harry even better and more emotional. It's even funnier that

• Red Alert! Spoiler-Watch is now active! Stay on your guard!

Major spoilers have started to be spread around the net!
    Insomniac posted a list of trophies to expect in the game -- but this has been usurped by a BIGGER, Uncensored list of spoiler-filled trophies!

IDK what, but people are getting spoiled about some big stuff, so watch out!

• edited October 2023

I hate when people post spoilers online it ruins the who surprise and story that the developers have made. I normally stay off YouTube and gaming sites until I finish playing the game so I should be fine. But I am really looking forward to this game and I hope it wins Game of the Year but recently I’ve noticed that a few people who have “early access” to the game are not so happy with it? I don’t know it seems like people are just saying that for clicks. As one channel I clicked on said nothing about the game other than what me and most people speculated about the game. 🙄

• edited October 2023

The game is almost upon us and reviews are out now! Lots of high-scores praising the game. Seems to be in terms of the main gameplay loop, the same as the last time -- for better or worse -- combat is marginally improved, little fat cut, stealth is the same, story is cool, and open world traversal is better than ever.

Also IGN did a review on the Performance modes, and the wizards at Insomniac managed to include Ray Tracing reflections on both 30fps and 60fps modes.
    I don't have a 4K HDR TV, so I have no idea what the 120 hz or VRR settings mean for me, but performance-wise, it's a fantastic looking game no matter what setting you're using and there's very little major difference between the two in terms of visual quality

(Some boss battles/playable sequences are shown off in this).

Okay, Digital Foundry, probably the Premier gaming performance analysis group, has a fantastic review on the quality settings of the game and how it impacts performance, visuals, and framerate.
    It also shows off the IMPRESSIVE loading speeds of the PS5, with a few sequences where you're thrown across the map in one shot, and it's a disorienting but really amazing speed at which the city loads in!

Again, some early-game sequence spoilers

• Shit, I need this game already. I'm soo lucky that next week, I'm going to have fall break and timing couldn't be more perfect. I'll spend the rest of the week playing Spider-Man 2 and Alan Wke 2.

• Bet that one dude from the trailer about a month back is mysterio.

• My game has arrived.

• Just my fucking luck. My physical copy of the game has a SCRATCH on the disk, thus preventing me to download the game past 30GB. I sent an email to the company to give me a replacement or a refund.

Fan-fucking-tastic. Now I have to avoid spoilers like the plague.

• Ended up getting a PS5 just for this game and I’m enjoying it so far.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.