Playing as Snow White in Season 2?

Judging by theme of Season 2's new Key art i have a feeling that we are gonna play as Snow White in this one? Сuz' u know these snowflakes in background and blue Snow's theme, i'm not saying she'll be the only playable character but it looks like she will be playable after all!

Comments

• If that's the case, I just hope it won't be like in ANF with Bigby
    being playable only in 5 minutes long flashbacks.

• I wouldn't mind playing as both. Snow could be fun in certain situations. Still wouldn't be as fun as Bigby though. I do think that the logo is very Snow White themed.

• edited May 2018

It's too soon to say anything but if it'll happen... Well, I don't know. I prefer Snow being character on her own, if I may put it this way.

• edited May 2018

Personally really hoping Telltale just sticks with playing as 100% Bigby. Bigby being the only character I feel also just fits the whole theme and noir atmohpsher of the game, his character fits it too well. Also Bigby was probably my favorite Telltale character to play as so I'd be pretty sad if we dont always play as him and follow his story.

Also as a side note... the only Telltale game to truly nail playing as more than 1 character was Tales from the Borderlands. GOT did it, but its issue was there was too many characters and some started to feel swept under the rug and underused for some episodes, or some character's stories were just kinda boring. ANF stumbled by making the other character playable for just 5 minutes when most people would want to play as the character, or wanted it to be 50/50 like Tales, or even just have it so you play as just one. GOTG just made you play as characters in flashbacks to get backstory. So just seeing how Telltale has only had 1 game to get that multiple protagonist right, Id prefer they just do what worked so good for season 1, that being Bigby being the only playable character.

• Telltale has a way of ruining the character's personality you gave them when they stop being the protagonist. That's why everyone was so mad at Clementine being actually, Clementine, on her own, and not the character they made her in TWD 2.

Playing as Snow would mean:

• We are going to ruin her own character, the character both from Fables and the one Telltale planned, since some of us are going to make her nice, others are going to make her evil, other's a creepy silent bitch, etc etc.
    • Bigby is going to be his own character. We already controlled him in TWAU 1, losing control of him now would mean the personality you made him have (Either Aggressive, peaceful, emotional, professional, etc) would be lost. Bigby on his own is kind of a dick and there is a reason he is feared, he does things to be feared. People who played him as a goodie two shoes are going to get awfully mad if they make Bigby be a character on his own, since he's going to be based on the Fables Bigby.
    • The Fighting. Fighting is a big thing in TWAU, playing as Snow would mean no fighting unless it feels forced. What is she going to do? Run around picking fights and chasing villains? Since she's not the detective, the fighting aspect would be gone, her role should be doing politics, and sitting in a desk listening to Fables complain all day would be a boring game.
  • The only way Snow would work for Wolf S2 is if they did a split with Bigby and Snow, but I really dont want that. For one it means less interaction between Snow and Bigby. I mean it is going to be a mystery, makes sense for the sheriff to be the playable character. Snow's roll as a playable character wouldnt make much sense, considering shes pretty much committed to doing the mayor's job all the time at this point in the timeline. Boy Blue is probably going to take Snow's roll of "deputy" in season 2 while Snow's roll is going to be the Deputy Mayor roll (which is basically Mayor because the real Mayor makes the Deputy Mayor do all the work) And last like you said, action scenes. Snow has shown to be a fighter in the comics, but she doesnt do anything that would work for QTE cinematic until near the end of the Fables comic series and wont be implemented in Wolf S2. It would be missing Bigby's brute force.

Kaelthas posted: »

Telltale has a way of ruining the character's personality you gave them when they stop being the protagonist. That's why everyone was so mad

• Don’t think so because look at this why would telltale put Snow White as the main character while you have bigby what you said is something that you got from a theme I think the theme is related to the story and if you look to others serieses like TWD you are playing as clementine (sorry for the spelling I don’t know the exact name)

• edited June 2018

That this is a very snow theme doesn't mean we get to play as Snow White. I personal think Snow White has an important rol in episode 1 and thats why they use a blue snow background. Or maybe cause the game is going to release somewhere in the winter.

• I personally think the snow theme of the logo is meant to serve as a contrast to Season 1. Remember, the first season took place in Summer (I believe so because I distinctively remember Bigby having a fan in his apartment and complaining about the heat) and having the new Season take place in Winter would be a nice contrast. And also snow theme doesn't necessarily mean it is connected to Snow White, it could also be connected to Bigby's father North Wind.

I would prefer if the story remains 100% on Bigby's point of view. It is not necessary to make Snow a playable character.

• I think one of the reasons why multiple point of view worked so well in Tales from the Borderlands is due to the fact that most of the game takes place in the past and the story is told by Rhys and Fiona, who are both unreliable narrators. Thus the story can justify any contradictions, silliness or some slight character inconsistencies. Also, I loved that the developers made both characters distinctive, Rhys having his ECHO eye and Fiona's money feature allows us to customize the Van and the characters.

Poogers555 posted: »

Personally really hoping Telltale just sticks with playing as 100% Bigby. Bigby being the only character I feel also just fits the whole the

• Also how in general they are both balanced, we play a very fair 50/50 with Rhys and Fiona, also their stories both take place at the same time and area when its being told so what one of them is doing always feels important.

I think one of the reasons why multiple point of view worked so well in Tales from the Borderlands is due to the fact that most of the game

• I don't think it would be a good idea personally. I mean I love the story and characters but Bigby MAKES the game. He's by far one of the best characters I've come across anywhere and playing as him just makes you feel like a badass

• edited July 2018

Nah that sounds terrible. Snow is fine and all but she isn't MC material and the game would likely fail that way.

Bigby is the best Telltale MC for me, would be a waste to not use him again. He fits perfectly

• They could always do a "Tales from the borderlands" dual protagonist dynamic.

• the way i see it, there's a few options:
    1. it's going to take place in the winter or involve a villain that has ice related powers. the most logical bet is it'll be the snow queen. the biggest clue to this is a tweet bill willingham made about the sequel, saying he couldn't tell much about what it'll be about but "we'll be frozen to our keyboards" or something to that effect. so ice will definitely be a theme.
    2. going from that, since they would both tie into the theme of ice and snow, snow white will play a bigger role bc obvious reasons, and bigby's mother, winter wolf, may be featured in flashbacks as a way of fleshing out bigby's past life as the big bad wolf.
    3. if snow is given a bigger role, they might go the borderlands route and alternate between her and bigby as the playable main characters.

• It would be interesting, but I feel this series is about Bigby.

• Just like most of the other people, I don’t think so, too.

Because of the whole story of the Fables comics never told about Snow White stories in the first person, but Jack Horner did. So I think even though playing as Snow White in Season 2 is almost impossible for us, but playing as Jack is probably happen!It's should be in the The Wolf Among Us Season 2 DLC... :p

• Imagine if we could choose which character we want to play and with each unique dialogue.

• Nah. It's Wolf among us - it's GOT to be Bigby. That being said I wouldn't mind if we got to play as both if it was handled correctly. I.e. Bigby goes to one location, Snow goes to another. We can decide where we go first but once done, we cut to the other location and play as the other.

• I think Snow White should be playable for a small portion of the game because Bigby will be the one who has to deal with the majority of the villains and investigations.

• edited August 2018

“Oh Hell Naw”

• Maybe the wolf among us season two will have co-op. In which one player plays as Snow White and the other player plays as Bigby in which co-op is required to beat the game. For example usage of puzzles.

• The Key Art Could Mean That Bigby Is Going To Have A Strong Relationship With Snow…
    Which Could Show A Romance Scene Just Like In Batman Like When Bruce Got Laid With Selina.
    Tell Me What You Guys Think?

• Bigby’s Mother “Winter Wolf” Could Play A Role In This Like Bigby Having Flashbacks About Her.

I personally think the snow theme of the logo is meant to serve as a contrast to Season 1. Remember, the first season took place in Summer (

• That's what i was initially meaning tbh!

Nah. It's Wolf among us - it's GOT to be Bigby. That being said I wouldn't mind if we got to play as both if it was handled correctly. I.e.

• edited August 2018

I love Snow (she's my second favorite character after Bigby), but I do hope like Poogers said, they stick to the game 100% playing as Bigby.

Reasons:

• I LOVE playing as Bigby, either being the good sheriff or the Big Bad Wolf (ripping people apart). With Snow, the actions she can take is very limited, because she always sticks to the rules/protocol (if they make her act otherwise, it would be basically breaking Fables lore canon), and this in turn I think will severely limit player decisions (and much less interesting gameplay).
    • Bigby and Snow's interactions in season 1 was part of what I loved most about the character interactions. If Snow becomes a playable character, (like it has been mentioned in above discussions) it would mean less time these two spend time as a team, and much less interactions between them.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.