Hyperspeed

edited September 2009 in Game Support
Hello!

I've just downloaded and installed ToMI, and have an awkward problem. All dialogue seems to be fast forward. Audio starts way to early, overlapping audio is quite difficult to intepret :P
The video and subtitles also moves way too fast.

Is my computer too powerful, or are anyone else expreriencing the same issue?

-J

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2009
    That's an interesting one. Let's diagnose your system a little.

Please start dxdiag:
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Now you have two options to make it accessible to us. Pick the one that works best for you:
    1. If you know how, you can zip the file and attach it to a message.
    2. You can upload it to Rapidshare and copy the link to the file into a new message.
  • edited September 2009
    Hi!

I`ve attached the DxDiag file. As you can see, I`m running Win7 ulitimate, but it`s running under VmWare fusion on Mac OS 10.5
    I`m not shure if the gfx-card is recognized, but it`s a nVidia GeForce 8800GT.

-J
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2009
    As you can see, I`m running Win7 ulitimate, but it`s running under VmWare fusion on Mac OS 10.5

I remember having trouble with VMWare and it's timing in a different situation. One of the results was that the clock ran too fast.

You should can start looking for solutions VMWare knowledge base.

One of the many possible solutions i read back then was disabling "cpu frequency scaling" or in other words, disabling the power save options of your cpu to keep it's frequency constant.

Depending on your debugging skills you're probably better off trying Bootcamp or the other solutions Mac users discussed in this forum.
This discussion has been closed.