An Important Clarification About The Leaked Pictures

edited July 2018 in The Wolf Among Us

The five pictures were found by a friend of mine on the Telltale Community Discord, (A server that I own) where the pictures were shared to the forums and Reddit almost immediately. THESE PICTURES ARE NOT MADE BY TELLTALE. They were made by FunLabs, the company was outsourced to help with Telltale's The Walking Dead: Collection. Telltale had no idea these pictures existed and they are not from anything TWAU2 related. It is worth mentioning the pictures were published way back in January.

Where I shared the pictures, I mentioned that the pictures were from Funlabs and were made in January. Sadly, a ResetEra user, r/xboxone user, and multiple news outlets jumped to conclusions and spread fake news that the pictures were from The Wolf Among Us Season 2.

The pictures date back to January and can be found here
http://funlabs.com/dark/gallery.html
Update - The Pictures Are Down

Be sure to support Telltale by buying their products, and spreading the word so that no more misinformation is spread. I would appreciate it if you link/quote this thread on the popular ResetEra thread, as it has been a huge source of misinformation.

Comments

• Just made a post on the Telltale subreddit saying the same thing, hopefully people take notice of it.

• So if it fails we know who to blame.

• edited July 2018

I actually really want to know why Funlabs made these though. Were they just bored or something and made a quick demo for their gallery? Seems weird to specifically make a demo for a game that isnt real/made by you.

Although it means nothing, the images are saved under "Fables" for what they were calling this "project."

In all honesty I feel like there has to be some kind of back story about this though. Maybe Telltale was experimenting with collaborating with Funlabs to help production for Wolf S2 and asked to see what they could offer and overall didn't go through with it?

• Been looking on Youtube...so far I have not seen anything negative...so thats good. But the way it spread to some sites, really does show how important getting facts straight first is. I wonder if this is going to force Telltale to show screens sooner than they wish?

• Yeah I guess it is possible they were perhaps doing some tech demo or experimenting and they decided to use the TWAU premise and recreate Bigby just for that reason. It' still weird as heck but I'm glad that it has been debunked as the official version of the game. Now I can carry on with the essay.

Poogers555 posted: »

I actually really want to know why Funlabs made these though. Were they just bored or something and made a quick demo for their gallery? See

• inb4 the official game looks even worst than this...

...I shouldnt say this because I might curse us all

Jacol posted: »

Yeah I guess it is possible they were perhaps doing some tech demo or experimenting and they decided to use the TWAU premise and recreate Bi

• edited July 2018

While there was probably a tad bit (just a little) of an overreaction from myself and pretty much everybody, I think overall this whole thing was a good thing. I mean, Telltale definitely panicked for a bit and quickly went in for the damage control, so I'm fairly sure that they'll be sure to avoid anything like this. Which means they'll probably be more likely to try and stick with what the fans have been requesting since Wolf 2 was announced- the same style. Which ALSO means, most importantly, same perfect Snow!...and same Bigby, of course.

Oh, and memes. Biggo The Wolf will live on. So it's good all around.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.