dll error in tutorial stops W&G 1

Running an old eMachine, T3256 with 940MB memory, integrated nVidia GeForce4 and mostly nForce2. 64M integrated graphics. XP home. 2.2 GHz athlon 3200+ barton. DirectX 9.0c.

Try to run tutorial. The minute the keyboard display pops up to visit Gromit playing chess the display goes white. Maybe a half minute later a popup window labelled "dll" pops up. Click close and game very nicely goes away.

App event viewer says event ID 1000, Faulting application wallacegromit101.exe, version 2009.3.19.22123, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

Dr Watson says event 4097, The application, C:\Program Files\Telltale Games\Wallace and Gromits Grand Adventures\Fright of the Bumblebees\WallaceGromit101.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 09/06/2009 @ 22:20:51.343 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 4FEED5BB (d3d9)

This has happened many times. I am going to deinstall and reinstall the game. What's the problem?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    The problem is most likely with your video card. Depending on exactly which GeForce4 you have, it's either below spec for the game or just at the very edge.

You can attempt to turn your graphics quality all the way down and update your graphics drivers, but I'm afraid you probably won't get very far. If you can't get it to work, please write into support and we will get you set up with a refund.
  • edited May 2010
    dll error in tutorial stops W&G 1
    Running an old eMachine, T3256 with 940MB memory, integrated nVidia GeForce4 and mostly nForce2. 64M integrated graphics. XP home. 2.2 GHz athlon 3200+ barton. DirectX 9.0c.

Try to run tutorial. The minute the keyboard display pops up to visit Gromit playing chess the display goes white. Maybe a half minute later a popup window labelled "dll" pops up. Click close and game very nicely goes away.

App event viewer says event ID 1000, Faulting application wallacegromit101.exe, version 2009.3.19.22123, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

Dr Watson says event 4097, The application, C:\Program Files\Telltale Games\Wallace and Gromits Grand Adventures\Fright of the Bumblebees\WallaceGromit101.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 09/06/2009 @ 22:20:51.343 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 4FEED5BB (d3d9)

This has happened many times. I am going to deinstall and reinstall the game. What's the problem?

I have the exact same problem and the same memory. What do I do?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited May 2010
    O'Riley wrote: »
    I have the exact same problem and the same memory. What do I do?

Please post a dxdiag log so we have some more information.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited May 2010
    Service Support is working on a refund.:D
This discussion has been closed.