Symbiote Statue?

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
I went to www.symbiotestudios.com, and apparently I have just purchased one of those Symbiote Statues that was for sale last December. It cost me $75 and $71.65 shipping, but apparently I bought it. Am I delusional, did the store just screw me over, or did I really buy one?

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Wow. $72 shipping.

...Jeez.

But then, I find *any* piece of Sam & Max merchandise priceless, really, so if you're willing to pay that much--more power to you. Unless, that is, your parents paid for it. :rolleyes:
  • edited September 2009
    Nope, I paid for it. But I really want to know if it is extinct and I got ripped off or not!
  • edited September 2009
    Jagger88 wrote: »
    Nope, I paid for it. But I really want to know if it is extinct and I got ripped off or not!
    Ohhh. Now I understand what you're asking. No, I don't think its limited run has been completely exhausted yet; you should definitely receive it within the next month. Where'd you hear it was "extinct"?
  • edited September 2009
    Well, I naturally thought that 1000 pieces since December 2008 would be sold out by now if it's Sam & Max related!
  • edited September 2009
    Well, I naturally thought that 1000 pieces since December 2008 would be sold out by now if it's Sam & Max related!
    :p Nope. Not yet. But I'd guess they have no more than four-hundred remaining. Ballpark.
  • edited September 2009
    one of the main reasons its not selling so fast is the shipping actually. :P
    most cant afford double price since its heavy.. MI is even larger... soo yea
  • edited September 2009
    As much as I would like to have such a statue. $75 + shipping is just plain daylight robbery. For that money I can build my own, print it and have it shipped to my location. Couldn't they make a non-collectors-edition which is made of plain old plastic?
  • edited September 2009
    I wanna know how many will cost to me!
  • edited September 2009
    I just really wanted one!

And I don't think they would make a non collectors edition, because Steve likes most of his things to be limited run.
  • edited September 2009
    I just really wanted one!

And I don't think they would make a non collectors edition, because Steve likes most of his things to be limited run.

And no one says that bad. Just pricey.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009

Maybe you should talk to them about it.
  • edited September 2009
    Kaldire wrote: »
    one of the main reasons its not selling so fast is the shipping actually. :P
    most cant afford double price since its heavy.. MI is even larger... soo yea

I paid $10 shipping on mine when I ordered it.
  • edited September 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I paid $10 shipping on mine when I ordered it.
    Yep. Same price for me; but we're in the US. =\ Sorry, guys.
  • edited September 2009
    Yeah but if you want it shipping out of the US and Canada, its pretty much double the price. :/
  • edited September 2009
    Rawr wrote: »
    Yeah but if you want it shipping out of the US and Canada, its pretty much double the price. :/

That'll teach you to be born in/move to/be kidnapped and taken to/be mysteriously transported by aliens/extra-dimensional beings to a non-North American country!
  • edited September 2009
    I tried to cancel the eCheque. I have to save up for a car. But the eCheque couldn't cancel...:D

Crap...
  • edited September 2009
    That'll teach you to be born in/move to/be kidnapped and taken to/be mysteriously transported by aliens/extra-dimensional beings to a non-North American country!
    Yeah, indeed. Damn me accidentally clicking on United Kingdom instead of United States when I was choosing where I wanted to be born.
  • edited September 2009
    The payment cleared! I'm getting a Sam & Max statue!
  • edited September 2009
    The payment cleared! I'm getting a Sam & Max statue!

Woot! :)
  • edited September 2009
    Woot! :)

I know! I ordered the Monkey Island statue too :rolleyes: I'm such a good investor!

The thing is, I moved money into my PayPal account to pay for it, but it takes the money straight from my bank account, so I was able to use the AUD$200 or so in my PayPal account to buy some Homestar Runner stuff!

Today is my happy day. No, wait. When all my lovely junk comes will be my happy day!
  • edited September 2009
    I know! I ordered the Monkey Island statue too :rolleyes: I'm such a good investor!

The thing is, I moved money into my PayPal account to pay for it, but it takes the money straight from my bank account, so I was able to use the AUD$200 or so in my PayPal account to buy some Homestar Runner stuff!

Today is my happy day. No, wait. When all my lovely junk comes will be my happy day!

I have that pre-ordered too, and I'm sad that they pushed the date back a month. :(
  • edited October 2009
    They have a new deal. It's buy the monkey island statue and get sam and max statue for 50% off. Good deal.
  • edited October 2009
    JosephGD wrote: »
    They have a new deal. It's buy the monkey island statue and get sam and max statue for 50% off. Good deal.

If only they had that when the MI statue was put up for pre-order :(
  • edited October 2009
    I got my Sam & Max statue yesterday, so that's pretty good!

Unfortunately, mum won't let me have it for like, a month, because she can't believe how much I spent on it. :(
  • edited October 2009
    I've got my Sam and Max one assembled on my desk, but I'm sad that they keep delaying the Monkey Island one even further :(
  • edited October 2009
    wow buy the mi get the sam n max half off.. somehow, that seems.. odd!
    should we all wait for MI now and get the next statue and get MI half off? lol

too late i ordered mine forever ago
  • edited October 2009
    I WOULD order one... but $78.50 - USPS - Priority Mail International, sorta puts me off. I mean OUCH!

How can they justify that? It's just plain ridiculous! They can't be that heavy!

So yeah, i'll need to find a US person I can trust heh. Or just live with not having a sam and max statue. Unless some awesome person were to put one on Ebay heh.
  • edited November 2009
    Yikes; that's a lot for something I can't really... enjoy. Not my bag, but I hope you're liking the statue.
  • edited November 2009
    Mums letting me has it for Christmas... Oh well, ghats one preset she desnt have to pay for!
  • edited November 2009
    Priority Mail® International
    Max. length 42", Max length plus girth combined 79"
    6 - 10 Days $52.75 $50.11

thats international on 8 lbs and the box..

not 78!

dont know how it could cost that from symbiote.. if it does they are ripping you off. check yourself :P

im looking into selling my statues, ill go as low as 50 usd for a MI statue, since symbiote wont cooperate and sent me a second one instead of a refund, and I dont want to drag it into small claims.

so if you want to save 50 usd.. well..
  • edited November 2009
    Priority Mail® International
    Max. length 42", Max length plus girth combined 79"
    6 - 10 Days $52.75 $50.11

thats international on 8 lbs and the box..

not 78!

dont know how it could cost that from symbiote.. if it does they are ripping you off. check yourself :P

im looking into selling my statues, ill go as low as 50 usd for a MI statue, since symbiote wont cooperate and sent me a second one instead of a refund, and I dont want to drag it into small claims.

so if you want to save 50 usd.. well..

You've already gotten two statues? Mine hasn't even arrived yet and I ordered the first day Lucasarts had the preorders up :(
  • edited November 2009
    no clue, I think due to the last error they tossed me on the vip list or something idk lol, when I contacted them they said id be amongst the first to get the statue..
    it made me wonder why

(i got it on symbiotes site)
  • edited November 2009
    no clue, I think due to the last error they tossed me on the vip list or something idk lol, when I contacted them they said id be amongst the first to get the statue..
    it made me wonder why

(i got it on symbiotes site)

I got it on Lucasarts' site as they had a promotion going on where if you spent a certain amount you got a free Star Wars t-shirt, plus Symbiote didn't even put them up for sale until much much later on.
  • edited July 2010
    I've been trying to order it but it won't let it be sent the the UK? Contacted them anyway about it. Anyone know how much it is to the UK?
  • edited July 2010
    No idea, since this thread hasn't been active for six months.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.