help please!!!!

edited September 2009 in Game Support
Hi I bought the tales of monkey island series and I installed both of the games so far.And please understand I am not a computer genius.I installed them on both my 1 year old dell laptop and my 11/2 year hp desk top and I am having the same problem on both which is the curser with the (X) runs very slow I tried to adjust the game settings the resolutions and the quality and it doesn't seem to help it much, also the people are talking but it is not up to speed as far as what is coming out.It seems that both computers meet up with the requirements.Help me I am so frustrated.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    We'll have to look at the types of computers you have before we can really tell you anything.

The easiest way (yes, it looks like black magic, but luckily you don't have to understand it to use it) is using dxdiag.

Click on the Windows logo/start button.
    Click on run.
    Enter dxdiag
    Click OK
    Wait until a window pops up.
    Click "Save All Information"
    Navigate to your desktop.
    Press "Save".
    You should now have a dxdiag.txt or something like that on your desktop.
    If you know how to ZIP files, do that and attach it to your post.
    Otherwise, go to http://www.rapidshare.com, click "Browse", then select you dxdiag file.

It should give you a download link when you click OK. Just post it here.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    The fastest way to speed up a sluggish cursor is to turn down your graphics quality setting in-game. That will probably do the trick for you, but if that isn't enough, then we can delve into your dxdiag and such.
  • edited September 2009
    Hi hansschmucker Thank you so much for your help
    if I did this right the rapid share info is http://rapidshare.com/files/277439940/DxDiag.txt.html
    MD5: 1BC051C44170EEE8A3C5AECC6287990A
    this is from my hp desk top
    please let me know if I did this right and if will help figure out my problem
    again thak you so much in advance
  • edited September 2009
    Hey, great! You got an MD5! But it doesn't match any of mine... which episode are you trying to play? Are you in Israel by any chance?
  • edited September 2009
    Anyway, it shouldn't affect performance. You've got a Geforce 6150SE... which isn't exactly top-notch, but should be more than enough for playing at quality level 1. I distantly remember people with outdated RealTek audio drivers to complain about sub-par performance too... no idea though if yours is outdated, I'll have to check that.

Hopefully DjNDB has some spare time... he's the real diagnosis wizard.
  • edited September 2009
    Thanks.I have no idea about the drivers.If you could check i would appreciate it.No not Israel.I am from the USA New York.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Hey, great! You got an MD5! But it doesn't match any of mine... which episode are you trying to play? Are you in Israel by any chance?

That's the MD5 of the DxDiag.
    Hopefully DjNDB has some spare time... he's the real diagnosis wizard.

Thx. :)

As the others proposed, I would run the game at graphics quality 1, because you have quite weak on-board graphics.

I would also install the latest drivers from here:

- Nvidia Drivers

- Realtek HDA Drivers
  • edited September 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    That's the MD5 of the DxDiag.
    *smile* I can honestly say that I would never have thought of that.
  • edited September 2009
    thank you hansschmucker and djndb and will I downloaded the drivers for my HP desktop as well as lowered all the settings on my HP desktop and dell laptop in the game and it seems to have helped.I will try to play tommorrow and if I still have a problem I hope it is ok to get back to you and ask!!Thanks again
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2009
    tjjkhnk wrote: »
    I will try to play tommorrow and if I still have a problem I hope it is ok to get back to you and ask!!Thanks again

It sure is. If it still runs to slow on your desktop you can always buy a cheap graphics card to make it much better.
This discussion has been closed.