Startup Screen - support request

edited January 2007 in Game Support
Is there any way to just start right into the game instead of having to start at the game launcher screen?

I use Meedio to launch all of my games to be played on the TV.

But the way the S&M launcher currently runs, I have to pick "Launch Game." After doing so, this causes the game to return control to Meedio while also launching the Game.

I need to be able to lauch directly into the game, bypassing the annoying (sorry, but it is) game launcher. This way control is only returned to Meedio when the game is done.

thanks,
D.

Comments

• KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Sorry Derrick, there is no way to disable the launcher. Hope this doesn't ruin the rest of the experience for you...

Kevin
  • edited November 2006
    Kevin wrote: »
    Sorry Derrick, there is no way to disable the launcher. Hope this doesn't ruin the rest of the experience for you...

Kevin

Darn, thats to bad. It won't ruin it for me, but it just means I have to get off my butt, shut down Meedio and launch the game whenever the kids want to play. They are used to just selecting a game from the screenshot menu in Meedio.

It's something to think about for the future.

The other option (for the future) is to have the S&M game launcher shell out to the game instead of launching it. That way the game launcher does not quit until the game is done. Then programs waiting for the game(launcher) to finish will know when it is done. Just an idea.

launcher runs. shells to game. game quits. launcher quits.
    instead of the current:
    launcher runs. launches game. launcher quits. game quits.

thanks,
    D.
  • edited January 2007
    Thank you for changing the launcher for ep. 2 as I suggested.

While I don't really like the whole launcher idea that makes me pick Play Game from a menu when it's obvious I want to play the game by launching it in the first place.... ;)

At least now it works with Meedio, and does not return to meedio until the game has ended.

So now I don't have to look for the cracked version of the game I purchased any more. :D

Thanks,
    D.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Woo, glad things are working for you :)
This discussion has been closed.