No voice in TOMI ep 2

edited September 2009 in Game Support
I run win7 final, 64 bit.

I played through episode 1 without problems. In episode 2 I encountered problems with hearing voice. If I turn down music and sound to 0, and voice to max, I can make out some very very low voice, but not nearly enough to understand what's being said. I see the subtitling and lips moving, just no voice.
I just updated to the fixed version with improved voice, but no change.

I have searched through the forums and reinstalled the episode a couple of times, even to different directories, but no change.

Anyone else seen this?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2009
    I have not heard about that yet and I don't know what could cause it.
    Have you tried updating your Audio drivers?

If that does not help please give us some more information:
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Now you have two options to make it accessible to us. Pick the one that works best for you:
    1. If you know how, you can zip the file and attach it to a message.
    2. You can upload it to Rapidshare and copy the link to the file into a new message.
  • edited September 2009
    Just a shot in the dark, but it may simply be a corrupted pref file (after all, the mixer is mostly handled by ToMI, not so much the OS).

Look in "My Documents/Telltale Games/". You should see a folder for each episode. Go to the one for episode 2 and rename the prefs.prop file to anything else. Launch the game again and see if it helps.
  • edited September 2009
    I have tried with both SBLive Audigy 2ZS and by physically removing that and using the sound card built into the motherboard. Same issue.

I use the default drivers, but since it doesn't seem to be a sound card issue, I'd rather believe it is some ToMI mixer issue. I tried deleting the prefs file, but no change.

I have no errors/warnings in dxdiag btw.
  • edited September 2009
    Hmm ... assuming this is an FMOD problem, it may work to replace the fmodex.dll with a newer version. Problem is: I can't find one that's compatible. Apparently the DLLs are not entry point compatible, even within the same series.

Question to the Telltale guys: Would it be possible to recompile ep2 with a newer version, assuming that fmod's interfaces are compatible across minor versions? (I sent a message to Yare, hopefully he can forward it to whoever is responsible for compiling)
This discussion has been closed.