The Internet

edited September 2009 in Sam & Max
I just noticed something. As Auntie Biotic is modeled on Myra, and the Internet Wizard is based on Hugh Bliss, I began looking for figures in other parts of Reality 2.0. And, I can't believe I missed it, but the Internet is the spitting image of the Director from Situation: Comedy and Night of the Raving Dead!

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Yep. I was kind of expecting the connection to be made within Reality 2.0 at some point, though it didn't happen. Still, it makes some amount of sense, with the director character being somewhat of an ever-present force (existing everywhere within the studio due to her speed), and being "the boss" in charge of things (at the studio), which are similar to the Internet.
  • edited September 2009
    Or the simpler explanation: Telltale reused the model because it's easier/faster than having to create a brand new one. And there were plenty of other new things in each episode that they can be forgiven for reusing certain artifacts.
  • edited September 2009
    yep.
    ^
  • edited September 2009
    Jagger88 wrote: »
    I just noticed something. As Auntie Biotic is modeled on Myra, and the Internet Wizard is based on Hugh Bliss, I began looking for figures in other parts of Reality 2.0. And, I can't believe I missed it, but the Internet is the spitting image of the Director from Situation: Comedy and Night of the Raving Dead!
    This is news to me. Interesting news. Haven't got to Night yet, but I certainly remember the Director. Do we know if it's the same voice?
  • edited September 2009
    Wow, I can't believe I didn't catch that.
    Yeah, I think it's the same voice. The internet's is tweaked a bit, though, I think.
  • edited September 2009
    Sorry to be a bit late, but they're actually not the same voice. The Director is voiced by Dianne Nola, The Internet by Marjan Mohsenin.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    I remember there being some reason for it in-world at the time, but I have no idea what it is at this point. I think Myra and Hugh Bliss were supposed to be licensing deals ("Myra licensed her likeness to the auntie-biotic antivirus company") but I don't remember re: the director.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.