I'm incredibly thankful that Batman got relatively finished.

We got an incredible version of The Joker. Two full seasons of Batman awesomeness and even two series finales for the price of one (depending if John becomes Robin or a super villain)

There are still lingering threads, but the series concludes on a good note and I'm immensely thankful to Telltale that we got some closure (ending at season 1 would have been awful)

Comments

• Such a great adaptation of the Batman universe, and deserved better sales

• I am so devastated that we will never receive a season three or more from Telltale overall... I just woke up to this and I don't really have any words for it... people say:
    Don't be sad it's over...
    Be glad cause it happened

But I can't help myself that right now its hard to feel any happiness about the situation...

• A third season would have been incredible.

It's tragic beyond measure for the company, but I'm happy and thankful that we got to see the gradual transformation of the Joker. I genuinely hope that when the dust settles that their version of the character is regarded as one of the most innovative takes.

• Can somebody please explain this whole 'closure' thing that everybody seems to have somehow managed to get at the end of season 2.

Because I used all four of my save files on both games and created four different Batman's/Bruce Wayne's and none of their stories had closure to them.

All of them had questions left unanswered.

Good Batman -

Will Alfred ever come back after I chose to give him up for Batman?

Was I right to give up Alfred for Batman? Has my personal sacrifice helped to make Gotham better?

What will happen between me and Tiffany after I tried to take her in and she escaped?

What will happen between me and Avesta now that she is working for me at Wayne Enterprises (and will she help me as Batman?)

What will happen between me and my friend Selina/Catwoman?

What will happen between me and my friend Gordon?

Bad Batman -

Seeing as how I pretty much alienated everybody around me by doing the following.

Refusing to listen to Alfred's excuses for leaving (thus meaning he won't be back in season 3) I had Waller arrest Tiffany for me.

I have made an enemy of Catwoman by letting her take the fall with the Pact and refusing to pass her the key in the fun house.

I had Waller use her influence to make sure Gordon never wears a badge again.

How much harder have I made being Batman?

Good And Bad Batman -

How will I deal with no longer being Batman now that I have given him up for Alfred?

How is Tiffany going to serve her 'sentence' as my student since I gave up being Batman? An how is she going to feel about me doing it?

What happens next between me and Selina after having told her I loved her when she helped me in the rubble of the GCPD roof bombing? How will she feel about me having given up Batman for Alfred?

How is my friend John Doe/Joker's rehabilitation going in Arkham? How does he feel about me having given up Batman?

How is Gordon and the GCPD doing without Batman?

What will happen between me and my friend Avesta now that she is working for me at Wayne Enterprises (and how does she feel about me having given up Batman)

Was I right to sacrifice being Batman? Was Alfred right in what he thought/felt/believed? Is Gotham now safer that it doesn't have me protecting it?

50/50 Batman -

How will I deal with no longer having the 'thrill' of being Batman now that I have given him up for Alfred?

How is Gordon and the GCPD doing without Batman?

What will happen between me and Avesta assuming she has stayed in Gotham after I used my leverage against Waller on the roof of the GCPD to make sure nothing personally or professionally bad happened to her?

Was I right to sacrifice being Batman? Was Alfred right in what he thought/felt believed? Is Gotham now safer that it doesn't have me protecting it?

These are just some of the question my four Bruce Wayne/Batman's ended up with at the end of season 2.

Like I said no closure for any of them.

An unfortunately it looks as though these questions are going to stay unanswered.

Which to be perfectly honest pisses me off.

Because I thought/felt/believed that no matter how long we would have to wait for it there was no real question or doubt that there was going to be or would be a season 3 eventually.

Ironically it now looks like there is no real question or doubt there is not going to be one.

• My own version was pretty cut and dry, at least as far as I was concerned. Batman loses Alfred but gains a new follower in Tiffany. Joker tries to be a good man but will never be able to sit right with Batman. Waller backs off Gotham but gains her own suicide Squad for international missions. Catwoman is still out the same friend/foe she's been for 80 years of comics. Gordon and Batman work together to protect Gotham.

It's not THE ending and as you point out, there are lots of what if questions. But the story does resolve to an extent and it resolves a lot more than season 1 did.

Even if Batman gives up superhero life, you could say that that's your ending.

I feel really sorry for the walking dead fans but I'm relieved that Batman gets some resolution.

• I think the season 2 ending actually gives closure to the narrative themes from both games.

It's something...

• I loved Troy Baker as Bruce/Batman. I would love to see him play that role in a animated film, based on the telltale series since DC already has a comic based on it.

• They nailed all the characters in my book...

Laura Bailey as Catwoman
    Troy Baker as Bruce/Batman
    Anthony Ingruber as John/Joker

I am quite sure we will keep hearing these voices in upcoming games, just a shame it won't be in a Telltale game :'(

IV_League posted: »

I loved Troy Baker as Bruce/Batman. I would love to see him play that role in a animated film, based on the telltale series since DC already has a comic based on it.

• Troy Baker and Laura Bailey were typically great as always but Anthony Ingruber was a revelation. I was a bit indifferent to him in season 1, but the second season gave us a stunning showcase.

Aside from Mark Hamill, Ingruber gave probably one of the absolute best Joker voices of all time.

The way he was trying so hard to be normal for four agonizing episodes, but then those little Joker moments would suddenly seep in. Both versions of the final episode are tragic for how the Joker inevitably consumed the character (with varying degrees of how willing John Doe was with this transformation)

• I agree that there was enough closure with Enemy Within for it to work, but knowing that we will never get a third season is heartbreaking. It’s likely it would have been akin to Dark Knight Rises, examining a Bruce without Batman or a Batman without Bruce, and the state that leaves Gotham in.

Plus hopefully the return of Oswald and Harvey from Season 1.

• I really wanted to see John fully assume the Joker role in S3, maybe even with a Killing Joke-esque conclusion to his arc where John tries to convince Bruce he's too far gone and only killing him could stop what he's become.

Oh well, The Enemy Within was all I could ask for from a sequel to the first game and I'm glad this series went out on a high note.

• And what’s crazy, is as soon as i finished the enemy within .I get this bomb dropped on me Lol

• I'm happy that Batman has finished and did not make me suffer as I am with TWD, of course everyone wanted to see a Batgirl in a possible 3 season as it ended was great ... OBG TTG so at least

• that sucks. no season 3. even now capcom have laud staff of too.

Broaderbund, Sierra are well known gaming companies that folded under financial pressure.

wishful thinking if someone bought out telltales

• I would say that ship has already sailed.
    I might be wrong and please correct me, anybody, if I am but... they already released all the developers and pretty much "killed" the company... so even if somebody buys what's left of Telltale we will not have the same people working on it... and I don't know how all the voice actors will view it if they want to continue (I am pretty sure most of them would)

speedkicks posted: »

that sucks. no season 3. even now capcom have laud staff of too. Broaderbund, Sierra are well known gaming companies that folded under financial pressure. wishful thinking if someone bought out telltales

• https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWalkingDeadGame/comments/9i1a9w/we_will_not_get_episode_3_or_4_confirmed/e6ifc1a/?context=3

"MKirkbride
    1 point
    ·
    30 minutes ago
    Kent, James, and I were also the season leads of Batman2 and we definitely had ideas for a third season after we finished WD4, but, you know, oh well."

Oh my God, I'm gonna cry now... Not knowing if They were gonna make season 3 didn't hurt us much as this :'(

• So I don't really understand what forced them to lay off so many people and pretty much close up...? Did they simply not get enough return in sales or what?

• I read about discontent amongst some staff regarding how they were treated and not beinng paid overtime etc

• What a damn shame. Telltale's Batman was my favorite rendition of the universe and characters. I'll agree with OP - it's good that Season 2 tied up most loose ends. I'm still holding onto hope that maybe, just maybe the series could get a revive, either with WB passing the rights to someone else or Telltale getting salvaged by some other company.

• It's a small hope... I wished I shared it with you.
    We'll see what happens in the future, I am sure we will get more Batman games but I am not so sure we will get a story focused Batman game as Telltale did... and that would be and is very disappointing :s

Putinovich posted: »

What a damn shame. Telltale's Batman was my favorite rendition of the universe and characters. I'll agree with OP - it's good that Season 2

• Even a small hope is still a hope.

An even if this series is not continued.

Who's to say that there isn't somebody out there who either worked on this game or played this game and that that person wasn't inspired to come up with a Batman game that is similar to this one.

19Street95 posted: »

It's a small hope... I wished I shared it with you. We'll see what happens in the future, I am sure we will get more Batman games but I am

Sign in to comment in this discussion.