I still believe in Eps 3 & 4

I know there’s an air of uncertainty, and it’s completely understandable until Pete releases the Statement. But until then, I am being a glass half full kind of guy, and believe Clem’s Story will be finished.

I know it’s a mess, but let’s just get to Tuesday & enjoy that Episode & not fear the future.

If the rumours are true, then Image Comics are filling in the rest of her story.

I bet Telltale will be doing all they can to finish it for US, the Fans.

If it doesn’t happen, then it’s been a hell of a ride, good luck to all in finding new work & Thanks for the memories Telltale ❤️

Comments

• If the rumours are true, then Image Comics are filling in the rest of her story.

Source?

• Future is too dark to not fear it. We better be aware of that. It's better than acting like everything is okay even tho we are in a house that is set on fire.

Image Comics didn't even say anything about it and I hardly doubt they would. Besides that would make rest of the game pointless as there would be only one canon story and choices. Look at the Clem for example. One choice caused her to lose a finger, one choice caused her to have a scar. What will they do with it?

Telltale fired 225 people that were working more than they should giving them 30 minutes to leave their building. They don't care about their workers and surely they care even less about the fans.

• I’ll ask my mate to find the link.

He mentioned to me they’re supposedly interested in stepping in if need be.

If the rumours are true, then Image Comics are filling in the rest of her story. Source?

• I love the burning building analogy.

It is dark, I understand that people are starting to accept that that there potentially is no future for Telltale, but I think while there is an air of uncertainty, I refuse to go into Tuesday’s Episode thinking “Shit. This is it.”

It will taint the experience for me.

We saw the amazing outpouring of support & need for TWAU2, that made it get announced, so they’ll do what they can to finish Clem’s Story at least. Especially as TWAU2 isn’t looking like happening now ?

MaikelRRR posted: »

Future is too dark to not fear it. We better be aware of that. It's better than acting like everything is okay even tho we are in a house th

• Yes I'd be interested in that too. I tried googling and couldn't find anything about Image expressing their willingness to finish her story if need be.

I’ll ask my mate to find the link. He mentioned to me they’re supposedly interested in stepping in if need be.

• This community's specialty has always been denial. I remember Lee's death.

• God, I hope not. I wanna play through her story, not read it.

Yes I'd be interested in that too. I tried googling and couldn't find anything about Image expressing their willingness to finish her story if need be.

• Sure, me too, but I'd rather read it than not get it at all. The rumor that person is floating is that the comic company will finish her story if TellTale needs them to, not that they're already trying to pick it up.

Melton23 posted: »

God, I hope not. I wanna play through her story, not read it.

• You are hurting yourself. Stop.

• Still on stage 3 huh?

• Still... I wonder how they'd do that. Doing it in comic form means Clem gets one canonical ending and that's it... Unless they make a giant, compendium sized comic and do it like one of old 'choose your own adventure' books I used to read as a kid in the 80s and 90s. You know the type. "Your 10th floor hotel room is on fire and your only way out is to jump into the pool below. You look down and see a diving board at one end, and open pool at the other. What do you do? Turn to page 78 to jump to the open end of the pool. Turn to page 112 to jump to the end of the pool with the diving board."

So for Clem, using an example from episode 1, it'd be like "Turn to page 62 to push Abel out the window. Turn to page 37 to tell AJ to shoot. Turn to page 132 to tell AJ to lower his gun. Turn to page 71 to do nothing."

• edited September 2018

I've been hopeful yesterday but I agree with you now - especially after seeing lead designer's of TFS confirmation that there is no one to work on ep3 and ep4 and that the minecraft netflix rumor is true. It's better to prepare for the worst, as otherwise, if we are hopeful that the remaining episodes are gonna be released, it's just going to be that much harder to cope with the highly highly most probable official Telltale's confirmation - which is that TFS won't be complete :(

MaikelRRR posted: »

Future is too dark to not fear it. We better be aware of that. It's better than acting like everything is okay even tho we are in a house th

• Why are they still updating episode 3 if they are not gonna release it, though?

• I would totally buy a set of Choose Your Own Adventure books adapting any of the Telltale games, love those books.

Still... I wonder how they'd do that. Doing it in comic form means Clem gets one canonical ending and that's it... Unless they make a giant,

• Remember Pete Hawley’s tweet? The one stating that telltale is not shutting down? That’s why. Episode 3 and 4 are still coming out, they’re just delayed. He let employees go so that he could have time to rejuvenate the company, chances are that once he’s ready some of them will be hired back if they’re still unemployed, with a few extras, going back to the days of twd s1 where there was hardly anyone at ttg. This guy nearly saved telltale from Kevin’s mess, this could be a strategy of his to turn it around, he can’t lose funds if the business isn’t operating, right? Gives him time to plan while he loses nothing from it, we just need to wait.

Why are they still updating episode 3 if they are not gonna release it, though?

• I’m so sure because by the way everyone was informed about what was going on, you’d expect him to flat out say “we’re done, telltale is not more” meaning twd is no more, however he publicly stated in that tweet that telltale has not been shut down, and hasn’t given us any specific confirmation about the future of twd, which he likely would have told us about if telltale was failing, because what would be the point in holding out otherwise?

• But he also never said TFS will continue as usual. If he knew the game was important to fans he would’ve said something regarding it.

So as of now, TFS is in limbo.

I’m so sure because by the way everyone was informed about what was going on, you’d expect him to flat out say “we’re done, telltale is not

• Aha! Exactly! So yeah, the game is in limbo, BUT he would have been more inclined to tell us if it was discontinued to save us the time of speculation. So from what we know so far, the fate is still unknown but we’re at least, from a certain point of view, relatively more likely going to get the full package

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

But he also never said TFS will continue as usual. If he knew the game was important to fans he would’ve said something regarding it. So as of now, TFS is in limbo.

• edited September 2018

From what I’ve been hearing between the then Creative Director And writers of TFS, it most likely won’t happen. They both said E3 and E4 aren’t done yet (E4 is only written). There’s simply too much to be done for less than 25 employees who probably don’t even know TWD story.

Aha! Exactly! So yeah, the game is in limbo, BUT he would have been more inclined to tell us if it was discontinued to save us the time of s

• The scripts are done so they don’t need to know the story. We only need animators and voice actors, as well as a composer (do we still have that guy? Can’t remember his name) what I think will happen is that the 25 will work on mc, and when that’s earned them enough money they’ll move onto twd, if not then others will be hired for the job. And this is probably one of the worst case scenarios. I have full faith that Hawley will deliver.

From what I’ve been hearing between the then Creative Director And writers of TFS, it most likely won’t happen. They both said E3 and E4 are

• edited September 2018

There’s more to it then that. You need:

-Cinematic Designers
    - Writing Team
    - Graphic Designers
    - Editing Team
    - Designers in general
    - Audio Egineers
    - Testers
    - Interpreters and Translators for the other languages
    - Voice Acting
    - Composing

There’s a lot more than simply writing, voice recording, and animating in a video game.

The scripts are done so they don’t need to know the story. We only need animators and voice actors, as well as a composer (do we still have

• Well, yeah, all that. But for now if I were CEO I’d scrap the different languages thing until the future, then I’d patch them in once funds are steady. I’d also have 5 people for each team, can’t have too many and for a game like twd 5 for each job is enough (aside from voice actors). How many people worked on the walking dead season 1?

There’s more to it then that. You need: -Cinematic Designers - Writing Team - Graphic Designers - Editing Team - Designers in general

• Around 80 worked on TWD S1 (to my knowledge). And that was back when Telltale didn’t have new graphics. I’m sure they need more for the new graphics.

Point is, I don’t see E3 and E4 happening. Telltale is in deep shit as of now with the whole Netflix deal and the recent layoff.

Well, yeah, all that. But for now if I were CEO I’d scrap the different languages thing until the future, then I’d patch them in once funds

• ProxmanProxman Banned
    edited September 2018

One thing I'll add to this discussion, which others have commented on in the past. With TFTB the team kept getting smaller with the development of each episode, by the end very few were working on it, and it still came out amazing and didn't wane in quality. So yes, I do believe episodes 3 and 4 can be made with a reduced crew, especially if they already have the script and most of the assets completed.

• Yep, they updated the database on Steam 9 hours ago.

• The whole TWD team is gone though, I really want You guys to get the whole season, but the chances for that are extremely low.

TTG has only 25 staff members left and these are not the guys who were working on TWD

Proxman posted: »

One thing I'll add to this discussion, which others have commented on in the past. With TFTB the team kept getting smaller with the developm

• I STILL BELIEVE.

CLEM WILL GET CLOSURE.

I refuse to say no until they make an announcement.

• edited September 2018

Did you even read their latest statement? They may have only 25 staff members left but they also said there are some companies that wants to help them to finish this season.

JmoooX posted: »

The whole TWD team is gone though, I really want You guys to get the whole season, but the chances for that are extremely low. TTG has only 25 staff members left and these are not the guys who were working on TWD

• mate look at the date when I posted this :wink:

Gauss99 posted: »

Did you even read their latest statement? They may have only 25 staff members left but they also said there are some companies that wants to help them to finish this season.

• edited September 2018

Omg im retarded, sorry.
    Just woke up and didnt notice that <.<

JmoooX posted: »

mate look at the date when I posted this

Sign in to comment in this discussion.