#SaveTWAU2 Twitter campaign - let our voices be heard?

Hey fellow TWAU fans!

Just a thought. I thought since it's likely TWD TFS will be saved by another partner, how about we generate a lot of noise on twitter using the 2 hashtags #TelltaleGames and #SaveTWAU2 in our tweets?

It could be a futile effort, but I think it's better than all of us just doing nothing being depressed about not getting season 2.

And who knows? If all TWAU fans can band together and make a lot of noise on twitter, maybe some people will notice?

p.s. I'm no expert on this matter - just thought since sometimes cancelled TV shows get revived when A LOT of people campaign (i.e. generate noise) on twitter to have it saved, perhaps something similar can happen.

I also remember so many people asking for season 2 back before the announcement (with one guy tweeting Telltale everyday for Wolf 2 until the announcement), so thought this was perhaps worth consideration.

@Poogers555 @Blind Sniper @Jacol and all the fellow TWAU fans, what do you all think?

Comments

• Sadly now it looks like Telltale is being sued by Telltale staff, but unlike Bruner they have a legitimate reason. So...

I dont think a 3rd party is going to try buying Telltale anytime soon. Maybe once they finally shut down someone will grab the rights but who knows.

• The rights will have gone back to DC/Vertigo which is in turn owned by WB. The ball is pretty much in their court now.

I was hopeful that TWD petition was working and the company might be getting bought out but the lawsuit looks to have completely destroyed that.

• You can do a petition at change.org as they doing the same thing with The Walking Dead Final Season.

• I hate to be a sitting duck so yeah I'm in favor or generating some buzz to signal that there is still strong demand for more TWAU despite Telltale shutting down.

While petitions and such usually do not work, I do not think that such campaign should be directed at a specific entity, it should be more about just generating noise in the media so other game studios and publishers may notice it and say "Hey, a lot of people are still demanding more - ding ding ding business opportunity"

Because let's face it - hundreds or even thousands of fans voicing strongly something like this and showing their dedication means a lot of money is to be made. If the right people would get a wind of this then who knows, maybe few months or god forbid years down the line Bill Willingham/DC Vertigo could talk to some other studio about licensing Fables and even TWAU itself.

Would that kind of campaign be pointless? I dunno, but would it hurt to try? I'd rather do that and fail rather than fucking sit on my ass and watch the best opportunity to save this series from eternal death fade away. Nothing to lose, potentially much to gain (no matter how unlikely that may be)

• I don't have Twitter, but I would happily fund a kickstarter or sign a petition to get this made

• Hey man, sorry. I made a reply in another thread asking for your twitter handle (before reading this reply).

HazzatheMan posted: »

I don't have Twitter, but I would happily fund a kickstarter or sign a petition to get this made

• Exactly. I mean even if we fail, I think I'd feel better that we at least tried. Doing nothing and just leaving this series as it is, I think I'm gonna be really disappointed in myself.

Even though Telltale's version of TWAU2 may be lost - I'd still like to see sequel chronicling Bigby and Snow's adventures.

Like you said, maybe we can make our voices heard to Willingham and DC Vertigo.
    First of all, we'd need to gather as many fans as possible to join your discord (then your forum), then rally everybody to the cause of saving TWAU2

Jacol posted: »

I hate to be a sitting duck so yeah I'm in favor or generating some buzz to signal that there is still strong demand for more TWAU despite T

• Unfortunately, TWAU S2 will never see the light of day with Telltale studios helming it. With a class action lawsuit by its former employees and bleeding dry of its remaining funds with only 25 people left, I don't see the slight chance of this being made.

• Probably Telltale's version of TWAU2 will never see the light of day, but who knows when the dust settles?

One thing is for sure, I'm not gonna be giving up on this until we've at least tried (as Jacol said in the previous reply, better to try and fail, than not trying at all).

Chibikid posted: »

Unfortunately, TWAU S2 will never see the light of day with Telltale studios helming it. With a class action lawsuit by its former employees

• Even if Telltale doesn't make it I don't really see why the ideas, design and structure of the game can't be taken over by another studio. I mean, video game companies have been coming out of the woodwork to offer jobs to the fired employess, and others have expressed interest in finishing TWD.

As long a shot as it is; they could at least give Telltale fans a final big sendoff by releasing their most anticipated title to date. Could even end it with a special thanks to the fans for their dedication and the company for it's legacy

CoolGuyJ posted: »

Probably Telltale's version of TWAU2 will never see the light of day, but who knows when the dust settles? One thing is for sure, I'm not

• I hope another company ends up making it at some point. Or at least something in this gane’s universe; it’s just depressing to think that we won’t get to see it again.

• Twitter might not be enough, I would suggest posting this also on TTG's reddit

Sign in to comment in this discussion.