Carver have met Clementine before the outbreak. (Theory)

I know this is a pretty stupid theory with many holes in it but her me out...

We know that Career was an engineer before the outbreak, that's how they were able to get Howes in that good shape that it was in when Clem and her group came there. (I think you learn that from scrapped audiofils)

We also know that Clems dad Ed was an engineer (Clem can tell Lee that in the Drugstore). So it is an possibility that they worked together or at least at the same company. Even if Clem lived a little bit outside Atlanta and Howes were set somere in Virginia (I think can't remember) doesn't mean Carver lived there before.

There's also in Season 2 episode 2 if you tell Carver your dads name he says "Strong name I like him already" maybe because they were friends and he recognised Clems hat that was Eds before.

Carver also wants to win over Clem to his side in episode 3 that i pretty obvious, but it may not only be because he thinks Clem has good potential of surviving an being a good leader. It may be because he know her when she was little and wants to protect her on a distance. It can also be the reason for Clem not recognizing Carver, because she was to young.

It is also pretty obvious that he wouldn't say anything because Clem wouldn't believe him or even care.

I am sure I have forgotten something that makes this theory more believable, but what do you think?

Comments

• We know that Career was an engineer before the outbreak

I didn't know that

it is an possibility that they worked together or at least at the same company

They were probably freelance mechanics, always on the road looking for people with broken down cars. :D

• That's actually a realistic possibility. Engineers are independent contractors and they work for many companies. He could've bumped into Ed as some point.

• What if they had their own traveling auto shop?

Deathbeam posted: »

That's actually a realistic possibility. Engineers are independent contractors and they work for many companies. He could've bumped into Ed as some point.

• I forgot to mention when you tell carver your name in the Cabin his reaction depends on your anser.
    If you tell him your name is clementine he seems to believe you.
    But if you tell him your name is carly you can tell on his face that he doesn't by it.
    Maybe because he already knew the answer.

Se for yourself.

If you tell him your name is Clementine (0:48-1:05)

If you tell him your name is Carly (17:08-17-25)

• edited October 2018

There's also in Season 2 episode 2 if you tell Carver your dads name he says "Strong name I like him already" maybe because they were friends and he recognised Clems hat that was Eds before.

lol, I never really thought too deeply into Carver knowing Clem's dad. Holy shit this is a worm hole.
    but it does bring up an interesting thought. Could be why he was treating Clementine specially compared to the others. Their are so many layers to dig with this franchise. I bet people will be finding neat theories until the end of time.

• one thing we haven't seen yet is clem running into a survivor she knew from before the outbreak. would've been p interesting.

• It would be interesting if she bumped into her friend Alfred

sarahsenpai posted: »

one thing we haven't seen yet is clem running into a survivor she knew from before the outbreak. would've been p interesting.

• I'm pretty sure Howes was in Tennessee. When they escape at night they arrive at Parkers Run at Dawn or a little after. Parkers Run is based on the real life Parkers Cross Road battle site located in Tennessee. And the group can't have gotten very far in that time frame.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.