Parallel scenes, different reactions

Why does nobody like Ben?

God bless everyone.

Tagged:

Comments

• Nobody likes Ben because deep down they know, but don't want to admit, that they're just like him.

• Not true. I don't like him, and don't not like him. I nothing him. He was cool when he first showed up, a dick when he lied, and a pussy when he appologized.

He just left me with a feeling of "ick, whatever". Until he died, then I sympathized.

Onmens posted: »

Nobody likes Ben because deep down they know, but don't want to admit, that they're just like him.

• Possibility.

Thank you for the comment.

God bless you.

Onmens posted: »

Nobody likes Ben because deep down they know, but don't want to admit, that they're just like him.

• This isn't the same. Lilly asked a question, Clem answered. Ben is wildly trying to save his own ass. Can't remember, but I think we only knew him for a couple days. Just spineless.

• If there is someone who doesn't deserve the hate he is getting, its him.

• I meant how both are being threatened/interogatted by Lilly and they react similarly with a difference in the reaction. I mean by this point Lilly and Clem have been separated for at least 6 years, so it shows how much Clem (and Lee) impacted her.

God bless you.

GiantKiller posted: »

This isn't the same. Lilly asked a question, Clem answered. Ben is wildly trying to save his own ass. Can't remember, but I think we only knew him for a couple days. Just spineless.

• Yeah he was still a kid.

God bless you.

If there is someone who doesn't deserve the hate he is getting, its him.

• True that, seems Lilly is living in the past. But, still, not the same.

Ben IS being interrogated, while Clem isn't.

Ben: "You guys are like MY family." He's pretty much guilt tripping anyone he can.

Clem: "WE were like family once." Which is very true, said in a calm demeanor, with a gun pointed at her head.

I meant how both are being threatened/interogatted by Lilly and they react similarly with a difference in the reaction. I mean by this poin

• I just meant the situation was similar. Both involving Lilly both pulling the family card. Then Clem getting the deep look while Ben get's the (calm down) or something like that.

GiantKiller posted: »

True that, seems Lilly is living in the past. But, still, not the same. Ben IS being interrogated, while Clem isn't. Ben: "You guys ar

• I never got the logic of hating Ben. It's just kinda idiotic when you break down what he did and why. He had one single fuck up and the one and only fuck up was logical. He was trying to get the bandits off the groups ass by giving them goods and in the end it actually worked and they did stay away for quite some time and many would have died without Ben giving them goods anyway. The motor inn didn't have the arms to go up against them bandits. They proved that when the bandits swarmed and Duck's death is not due to him. Weather he lied about or not, he only prolonged in inevitable anyway. I never got the logic of hating him.

He stood his ground to Kenny which was not cowardice at all. The only gripe I ever had with him was freezing up and not protecting Clem. But who knows how we'd react in the situation ourselves. It's a damn nightmare. He went though a lot.

• True, even before all the stuff though, Kenny didn't really like him it seems, and Lilly didn't seem to trust him. The only friends Ben had were Carley/Ben, Clem, and Lee (possibly). Wonder whatever happened to his family.

God bless you.

ZombieKenny posted: »

I never got the logic of hating Ben. It's just kinda idiotic when you break down what he did and why. He had one single fuck up and the one

• Ben is the man I aspire to be.

• LOL, he wasn't technically a man. He was a teenager. Or as Charles would say alive.

God bless you.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Ben is the man I aspire to be.

• Ben did say that the bandits told him that they have his friend. Maybe he thought that he'd help his friend by giving them supplies.
    Overall, I don't understand the hate against Ben either. The only scene where I was angry as hell with him was when he abandoned Clementine in S1E4, when they were surrounded by walkers.

• Yeah apparently that scene wasn't there at first (One of my commenters told me they didn't have that scene and during the test runs %100 of people saved Ben) so they added that scene seemingly to make people not like him.

God bless you.

Ben did say that the bandits told him that they have his friend. Maybe he thought that he'd help his friend by giving them supplies. Overal

• I'm a little confused.

• I will say that I can sorta understand Kenny hating him once the truth came out, though he seemed to already have a negative concept of him before that.

Still, most of the hate that's commonly cited is mostly because he indirectly caused the specifics that led to the group having to leave the Hotel(though its mainly just Carley/Doug getting shot) and getting Duck bitten. Stuff like him ending up bailing on Clementine when they're cornered and getting Brie killed by removing the axe don't really help either(and we're pretty much there for that specific response), but it's mostly because of his deal with the Bandits.

I never got the logic of hating Ben. It's just kinda idiotic when you break down what he did and why. He had one single fuck up and the one

• The only friends Ben had were Carley/Ben

Ben: Hey Ben.
    Ben: Yeah?
    Ben: Bye Ben.
    Ben: Yeah....

True, even before all the stuff though, Kenny didn't really like him it seems, and Lilly didn't seem to trust him. The only friends Ben had

• He got Brie killed? Fucking score! Lol. Hated that pessimistic humpty dumpty looking bitch. She treated Lee like dirt.

DabigRG posted: »

I will say that I can sorta understand Kenny hating him once the truth came out, though he seemed to already have a negative concept of him

• I don't remember too much outside of her refusing to talk to you if you lied about the medicine, so I can't say much.

He got Brie killed? Fucking score! Lol. Hated that pessimistic humpty dumpty looking bitch. She treated Lee like dirt.

• edited October 2018

Both pull the family card but get a different reaction.

I'm a little confused.

• You keep changing ur icon lol.

I don't remember too much outside of her refusing to talk to you if you lied about the medicine, so I can't say much.

• Yeah, it took me forever to get my Gravatar working and thus I had a huge backlog of them that I could cycle through as I please. I generally give it at least two days at a time.

You keep changing ur icon lol.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.