Crashing on Startup of ToMI Ep I

edited September 2009 in Game Support
Hi guys. Just downloaded and installed ToMi Ep I for free today (really cool of you guys for offering that by the way).

Unfortunately, I tried playing it twice and got CTDs right when the menu screen showed up. On my third try, the menu stayed up for a few seconds, so I decided to start a new game. Then a few seconds into the opening credits, I got another CTD.

I have the latest drivers for everything. My DxDiag is attached, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2009
    There were no error messages at all, right?

I don't see anything bad in your DxDiag.
    I think the best start is to check your ToMI installer for errors.

MD5 Check
    Please download and install Hashcheck.
    Then Download this MD5 File into the folder that contains the ToMI installers you downloaded from Telltale.

Finally just double click on the .md5 file for verification and tell us the results.
  • edited September 2009
    Hi. Thanks for responding.

Sorry, forgot to mention. I got the "Telltale Games encountered an error and needs to close. Send error report?" message on all three times. Should I attach the error report here?

I checked the installer and it came back a match as well.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Diyashi wrote: »
    Sorry, forgot to mention. I got the "Telltale Games encountered an error and needs to close. Send error report?" message on all three times. Should I attach the error report here?

It doesn't hurt to do so.

Let's try to dig a little deeper:
    Do you have the latest windows updates and service packs installed?
    Is your Internet Explorer up to date?

Please also give us some more information. Please start dxdiag:
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then e.g. zip the file and attach it to a message.
  • edited September 2009
    Hehe. My DxDiag is the one attached at the top of this page. You already checked it and said that you didn't see anything bad with it. :D

The error signature reads:

AppName: monkeyisland101.exe
    AppVer: 2009.7.6.29796
    ModName: eframe.dll
    ModVer: 8.0.6001.18812
    Offset: 0012fb0a

and I've attached the error report as well.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Hehe. My DxDiag is the one attached at the top of this page. You already checked it and said that you didn't see anything bad with it. :D

Hah, i must have been confused. I am active in a lot of threads at the moment.

The crash looks familiar.
    Does the game still crash when you disconnect from the internet?
  • edited September 2009
    Haha. Yeah, you seem to be all over these forums.

Disconnecting from the Internet seems to have worked! I got all the way to the island without a hitch. Hopefully, there won't be anymore crashes further into the game. Thanks a lot! :)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Disconnecting from the Internet seems to have worked! I got all the way to the island without a hitch. Hopefully, there won't be anymore crashes further into the game. Thanks a lot! :)

That's good news.
    In this case you should not have to expect crashes later in the game.
This discussion has been closed.