**HUGE SPOILERS** What was the point of it

edited January 2019 in The Walking Dead

Just played Episode 4... After all of that... to bring back a character from the first season and not use her to her full potential at all.. just a major waster. The whole game she's given 4 scenes at best. Not going to complain about how she was written or portrayed but come on. What missed potential.

Tagged:

Comments

• Episode 4? Lol, but yeah I agree. I haven’t watched the option where you tell AJ not to shoot her but I wish we got more moments with her.

• Do she still die if AJ doesn't shoot her?

• No, but it was NOT worth it...holy fuck I have never regretted a decision so much in my life.

MosesARose posted: »

Do she still die if AJ doesn't shoot her?

• Please tell me what happens!!!

No, but it was NOT worth it...holy fuck I have never regretted a decision so much in my life.

• This. What was the point? All this to hear a 1 minute sob story about Larry? Worried for AJ, but that woman deserved to die.

• What happens?

No, but it was NOT worth it...holy fuck I have never regretted a decision so much in my life.

• She fucking KILLS James. I’m ready to brutally murder her in Episode 4.

What happens?

• edited January 2019

My thoughts exactly. Why did they even bring Lily back if they were just going to waste her? She's done almost nothing, and we've had very little interaction with her. I really feared they were going to do this, give 0 development to her or do anything to make sense why she was back or anything to build on her character. Instead they just go "omg its Lily shes back guys!!!! And because shes a returning character we dont need to add anything to her!!!!"

Fucking Omar is no longer the most wasted character in this game now smh

Also the whole "main bad guy is killed or is lost forever and base is destroyed in the episode before the final" is back just like ANF. Really hoping episode 4 doesnt fuck up the ending to this series. Really loved the episode but considering Lily is already determinant and was barely even used at all is not a good sign for me. Hopefully episode 4 takes an interesting turn and ends this series the right way, but that ending really blew it.

• That decision to have Aj kill Lily was one of the hardest decisions In this series for me in a long time especially after seeing she kills James if you don't. I'd been playing the season before that to not have AJ become a murderer but I had to kill Lily

• edited January 2019

Personally after playing it, I liked it. Sure she could have been used more, but because it's only 1 episode left they have to start wrapping everything up. She was a good adversary, that's all she was really there for in the first place, and she did well. I'm sure she will be in the last episode if you don't kill her, so there's still time if you really want it.

Edit: Also I just want to say that I killed her. She deserves it.

• Whole thing was a waste. The fact we never get a proper scene for us to talk and shit was also really disappointing. Like fuck I want to tell her about Kenny and shit in Season 2 and all that. Theres history and I wanted to see her reaction to finding out Clem was with Kenny for so long. I want to know what shes been doing for the last years instead of "found group xd"

Just such a huge wasted opportunity, and this is already similar to ANF's episode 4 where Richmond gets destroyed the bad guy is killed or "will be lost" or some shit and the last episode will be aimless. Like what is episode 4 of Final Season going to be about with Lily dead? Theres no other Delta member to "take her place" or anything. Im already fearing the last episode will be another aimless finale like ANF was, which is the last thing I want to see for how this series ends.

This. What was the point? All this to hear a 1 minute sob story about Larry? Worried for AJ, but that woman deserved to die.

• Well the simple explanation is, she just moved on. It's has been so many years, Lilly has moved on with her life. She doesn't care about the old group, her new group is her only family now. She doesn't care about Clem. I don't think I would have wanted to sit around with her talking about the old days. Lilly has her own motivations and clem does as well. Bringing up the past, would have just been tedious IMO.

Poogers555 posted: »

Whole thing was a waste. The fact we never get a proper scene for us to talk and shit was also really disappointing. Like fuck I want to tel

• Does she die even if you tell AJ not to shoot her? And can anyone tell me how he dies? I was already on her ass like stink on shit when I surfaced from inside the boat.

My thoughts exactly. Why did they even bring Lily back if they were just going to waste her? She's done almost nothing, and we've had very l

• edited January 2019

He gets stabbed

Dex-Starr posted: »

Does she die even if you tell AJ not to shoot her? And can anyone tell me how he dies? I was already on her ass like stink on shit when I surfaced from inside the boat.

• She kills James and then the ship blows up, unsure where she goes.

I kinda doubt theyll pull an ANF and she just doesnt appear again but I could see it happening considering how different of a plot episode 4 will be knowing shes going to be dead for most people. If she does appear she will probably just be wasted like she has already.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Does she die even if you tell AJ not to shoot her? And can anyone tell me how he dies? I was already on her ass like stink on shit when I surfaced from inside the boat.

• What happens if you're not violently interrogating Abel? Is he determinate?

She kills James and then the ship blows up, unsure where she goes. I kinda doubt theyll pull an ANF and she just doesnt appear again but

• I mean, look at Batman Season 2. That finale was completely different.

I'm guessing there'll be a large chunk of the finale devoted to either AJ going completely psycho or one last confrontation with Lily.

That being said, even though she was barely used, I though her character was handled extremely well, the limited screentime sucked, sure, but I thought she was so fucking terrifying and it honestly felt like a natural progression of her character.

My only real complaint is how we couldn't talk to "Lee" about her whatsoever.

She kills James and then the ship blows up, unsure where she goes. I kinda doubt theyll pull an ANF and she just doesnt appear again but

• Do you think this progression only feels natural if you left Lilly behind in Season 1?

I mean, look at Batman Season 2. That finale was completely different. I'm guessing there'll be a large chunk of the finale devoted to ei

• Probably, since that's what I did lmao. Plus I salt licked Larry.

Now that I think about it I can see how it might be jarring if you were on her side most of the time in Season 1.

Joshua1991 posted: »

Do you think this progression only feels natural if you left Lilly behind in Season 1?

• What did u think of the slumberparty?

Probably, since that's what I did lmao. Plus I salt licked Larry. Now that I think about it I can see how it might be jarring if you were on her side most of the time in Season 1.

• edited January 2019

They bring up the past constantly, but just nothing interesting as in what they've been doing they dont know about. They constantly talk about things that happened in season 1 we have already expirenced but we cant even explore a conversation about the past. Its why its annoying you cant even talk about Kenny, someone Lilly hated, and that Clem was with even after Lee died. You cant even mention it in anyway to piss her off or something, like say you got the Wellington ending, you cant even gloat about how shes wrong about people and how Kenny was the one who got Clem to safety. They talk about the past, but they wont let you explore it at all, which is why its annoying.

Im tired of the excuse now we seem to give telltale characters. Granted its the last game so nothing will change, but Im sick of things not making sense with characters or we have to make our own complex reasons for why that character didnt do something or why we cant say things to characters just so we can pretend that character isnt written poorly. Its dumb to make excuses for poor direction and writing. Its why things like Batman Season 2 make no sense in retrospective with Riddler's plan and who kills him in episode 1. The fact Lilly is in this game for like 10 minutes top is extremely disappointing and the fact that most of those 10 minutes is just "GRRRRR! Im bad!!!" and a little bit of "Remember that time back in season 1..." which you cant even add onto is just really weak character building and story telling.

Well the simple explanation is, she just moved on. It's has been so many years, Lilly has moved on with her life. She doesn't care about the

• Had a feeling people wouldn't like what they did with Lilly. I liked it. Again, I would've liked for Lilly's redemption arc, but I wasn't banking too heavily on it. I just wanted her to be interesting to me and she fulfilled that. I spared her (That's fucking stupid Ben.) so James died. But she dies if I let AJ pull the trigger? That's interesting.

Considering Nicki Rapp was confirmed to have voice work in Ep 4, I doubt she's finished just yet.

• yeah, I think we're in the minority. I also really liked what they did as well. She was a great villain.

Sarunas21 posted: »

Had a feeling people wouldn't like what they did with Lilly. I liked it. Again, I would've liked for Lilly's redemption arc, but I wasn't ba

• Pretty sure he dies no matter what, I didnt hit him at all but he didnt have an arm. 99% posstive he dies no matter what though considering they give the excuse of "something must have popped inside me from that fall causing internal bleeding so I am now dying."

What happens if you're not violently interrogating Abel? Is he determinate?

• Why did they have Clem kill Abel? AJ called dibs

Pretty sure he dies no matter what, I didnt hit him at all but he didnt have an arm. 99% posstive he dies no matter what though considering

• Like fuck I want to tell her about Kenny and shit in Season 2 and all that. Theres history and I wanted to see her reaction to finding out Clem was with Kenny for so long. I want to know what shes been doing for the last years instead of "found group xd"

Does that really matter though? I think meeting with Kenny in Season 2 kind of got people a little too hopeful in terms of returning characters. What purpose would telling Lilly about Kenny honestly serve? What purpose would knowing what Lilly did during those years serve? They're not there to discuss the past. They're there to fight for a future.

I know a proper sit down to talk to fill in each other's blanks would've been cool, but to me it just seems unrealistic. Maybe before her death in Ep 4 Clem and her will have a moment, but I still don't understand why people want to discuss the past with her so much.

Whole thing was a waste. The fact we never get a proper scene for us to talk and shit was also really disappointing. Like fuck I want to tel

• Im so pissed guys Lilly had so much potential to not become a 1 dimensional, uninteresting, antagonist where she realizes she wants to try and help them but they really just screwed her entire character up. Now, I don’t know what to think. I’m so confused. The Lee dream saved this godforsaken episode

• god forsaken? it's better than ANF and Season 2.

Leegendary posted: »

Im so pissed guys Lilly had so much potential to not become a 1 dimensional, uninteresting, antagonist where she realizes she wants to try a

• edited January 2019

I definitely feel like she's been great. If I were to rank her, I wouldn't have her at the top though. I'd have the guy we stole from Season 1 at the top. For me it's

1. The Stranger
    2. Carver
    3. Lilly
    4. Joan, but she's more like at the bottom bottom for me.

Lilly and Carver are very close for me so it's almost like a 2a and 2b.

yeah, I think we're in the minority. I also really liked what they did as well. She was a great villain.

• Yeah but, definitely worst of tfs for me

god forsaken? it's better than ANF and Season 2.

• How? that party scene was the most adorable scene ever. Plus Lilly was never going to get a redemption story I stopped banking on that when she let Abel nearly break AJ's arm twice.
    Plus that cunt Lilly had it coming when she killed Doug and Carley while trying to kill Ben.

Yeah but, definitely worst of tfs for me

• Believe it or not she was my fav season 1 character besides Kenny, Clem and Lee

How? that party scene was the most adorable scene ever. Plus Lilly was never going to get a redemption story I stopped banking on that when

• imo I thought a redemption wasn't for Lilly, you "forgive" her for killing Doug/Carley while trying to kill Ben, you put her in the RV and then at the train she betrays you and steals it. Like I said cunt had it coming and I'm so proud of AJ. Kenny would be proud too.

Believe it or not she was my fav season 1 character besides Kenny, Clem and Lee

• Also why is a redemption possible for Lilly despite she kidnapped AJ on the ship and she nearly had Abel broke AJ's arm, took out Louis's tongue, almost killed Vi. But Jane who tried to prove a point on what type of person Kenny was by abandoning AJ for a few mins, but Jane isn't given a chance at redemption.

• She had good intentions in season 1 and cared about the group, she just lost her dad and made a mistake. The lilly in season 4 was not good but tbh if it were to be Christa instead, I would be more pissed

imo I thought a redemption wasn't for Lilly, you "forgive" her for killing Doug/Carley while trying to kill Ben, you put her in the RV and t

• edited January 2019

Just finished it 5 minutes ago i still can't fucking believe what i just played.

What an absolute fucking let down and what a fucking waste.

Waiting 4 months for that fucking garbage,unbelievable.

I liked how Abel talked about that other community their fighting against at the beginning of the episode,and he was like "we're just protecting our home" they made it seem like this other community was worse than them and that there was something more complex.

I loved how Lilly was like hesitating to shoot clem at the end of episode 2 and you could tell her you used to be family or whatever.

And then you meet her again here and they just turned her into fucking Hitler,like literally somehow worse than Badger,and why is she doing this ? Her Motivations ? PIGS AND GRAINS.

• You're not you when you're hungry man.

iFoRias posted: »

Just finished it 5 minutes ago i still can't fucking believe what i just played. What an absolute fucking let down and what a fucking was

• Talk to me when you have actual arguments and not shitty jokes thanks.

Sarunas21 posted: »

You're not you when you're hungry man.

• So glad we got to kill Lilly "I don't wanna die" Caul. She's an evil bitch, the things she did are horrifying and she got exactly what she deserved.

• Damn, sorry bro. Shitty or not I was just trying to lighten the mood. I wasn't bashing your opinion on the episode or anything.

iFoRias posted: »

Talk to me when you have actual arguments and not shitty jokes thanks.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.