A couple of bug-fix requests for future games

edited September 2009 in Game Support
Hi,

Thanks for the wonderful games. I have a couple of simple bug-fixes I'd like to request for problems that, as far as I can tell, exist with pretty much all of the games of yours that I own (Sam and Max seasons 1 and 2, Wallace and Gromit, Tales of Monkey Island and Texas Hold 'Em). They shouldn't be too difficult to sort out.

1) Your games don't play nicely with machines with multiple monitors like mine. (To quickly clarify, I'm not asking for the game to work on more than one monitor!) In particular, the cursor isn't "captured" onto the main screen, which means you can move the mouse cursor off the edge of the game and onto the desktop of the next screen. This becomes a problem when you want to click near the edge of the game screen but slightly overshoot and accidentally click outside the game: the game immediately minimises and you have to bring it back up, wait for it to reinitialise and redraw the screen etc.

2) Your startup screens (where you login to activate the game) seem prone to problems. In particular, the various information that downloads from your website for the sidepanels etc. (adverts for other games and so forth) often doesn't work. This wouldn't be a big problem except for the fact that if you accidentally click on "Launch Game" before the panels have either loaded or given up trying to load, the game that you start usually crashes immediately. (I've experienced this problem on several computers.)

Hope this is useful. :)

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Any chance of an official reply on this, just so I know it's been seen? :)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    Duly noted. I believe the first one is As Designed though, so you likely won't see any change on that. As for the 2nd one, that's not something we've been able to reproduce internally. It should either connect or give up trying before the play game button ever appears.
  • edited September 2009
    Blimey, that was fast! Regarding the first one, I'm not sure quite why it would be an intentional design feature. It would make some sense if one could move the cursor to the second screen and actually interact with things there without affecting the game, but as soon as you click, the game disappears and there's usually a sizeable wait before you can get it back. Anyway, just my opinion, of course.

As far as the second one is concerned, I can confirm that the designed behaviour you describe definitely doesn't always happen, at least for me. There are plenty of times I've seen the "Play" button appear and patiently waited (having learned from all the crashes) and watched something in a side-panel load before my eyes. Perhaps this issue is more likely to occur with greater physical separation between server and client (personally I'm located in the UK usually). Might explain some difficulty in recreating the problem in your offices.

Anyway, I'll shut up now and let you deal with things however you see fit. Thanks for the fast reply. :)
This discussion has been closed.