Ranking TWD seasons? (Possible Spoilers)

The Final Season is finished, that means we are going to rank all the seasons since Clementine's story is completely finished. Not including Michonne which was just a garbage spin-off.

1. Season 1
Do I need to say anything? It's still a masterpiece to this date, even after The Final Season. I'm mad that this game got mediocre sequels just after becoming one of the best story-telling games of all time.

2. Season 2
This game has flaws, no doubt about it but I still enjoyed it for what it is. At least it felt a direct continuation to the first game while the new ones felt more like reboots.

3. The Final Season
While it is an improvement to the previous season, it was okay at the best. The conclusion of Clementine's story was underwhelming as hell, due to the fact that the budget was low, choices still did not matter and some character arcs felt unfinished. If Telltale did not take it too far to buy so many licenses, everything could have been different in a better way.

4. A New Frontier
Do I need to explain why I hate this silly piece of fucking shit? Everything about it is garbage. Characters are terrible, plot holes everywhere, less gameplay more cutscenes, Kenny and Jane etc. This game is the main reason Telltale shut down in the first place, thanks to Kevin fucking Bruner. I will never touch this shit ever in my life and I will not forgive it. There is NOTHING good about it. The worst part about it is its existence.

Comments

• Man and I thought the ending in S2 where you let Kenny kill Jane then shoot him was bad.

That shit was 5 stars compared to the ending of TFS

• Season One;
    Season Two;
    'A New Frontier';
    The final season.

• Not really.

Man and I thought the ending in S2 where you let Kenny kill Jane then shoot him was bad. That shit was 5 stars compared to the ending of TFS

• Season One

Season Two

Final Season

A New Frontier

I almost feel like theres 2 walking dead timelines. Classic Walking Dead being One and Two, and then reboot walking dead being ANF and TFS. Final Season was overall and sadly forgettable. I still had a good time with it dont get me wrong, but in the grand scheme of everything, no one gonna remember it. It was just mediocre and suffered from a lot of problems, mostly having plenty of chances to do something to feel satisfying for players whove been playing for years now, but never doing it. I finished Final Season feel unsatisfied, just a feeling of how they could have done way more without that much effort but didnt. Obviously it was miles better than ANF, but the bar was so low it would be almost impossible to be even worse.

• then reboot walking dead being ANF and TFS.

No wonder they aren't called "Season 3" and "Season 4" and both have 4 episodes instead of 5.

Poogers555 posted: »

Season One Season Two Final Season A New Frontier I almost feel like theres 2 walking dead timelines. Classic Walking Dead being

• Sneaky Telltale.

AronDracula posted: »

then reboot walking dead being ANF and TFS. No wonder they aren't called "Season 3" and "Season 4" and both have 4 episodes instead of 5.

• EXACTLY.

Man and I thought the ending in S2 where you let Kenny kill Jane then shoot him was bad. That shit was 5 stars compared to the ending of TFS

• At this point, if I were to meet someone who hadn´t played TWD yet and I was going to suggest playing it, I would tell them to stick to season 1 and forget about the other seasons.

Not that there is nothing to enjoy about the other seasons, but the series kinda drifted off into mediocrity. Best to stop at the top.

• The Final Season - 9.1/10

Season 2 - 9/10

Season 1 - 9/10

A New Frontier - 8.4/10

Michonne - 8.1/10

Pretty damn good series overall.

• Season 1 > Season 2 > Michonne > TFS > ANF

• edited March 2019

For me it's
    1. Season 1
    2. The Final Season
    3. Season 2
    4. A New Frontier

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's aso Michonne. But considering I almost forgot it existed, I don't even know how to rate it. Probably between S2 and ANF.

• Season One (10/10)
    The Final Season (9/10)
    Season Two (8.5/10)
    A New Frontier (6/10)
    Michonne (4.5/10)

• Season One
    The Final Season
    Season Two
    A New Frontier
    Michonne

1. Season one
    2. Everything else
  • Season 1
    Season2
    Season4
    ANF
    Michonne
    Season 1 and 2 are best in my opinion , TFS was awesome loved the action secunces in the game and when Clementine got bit that made me rise out of my chair pause the game and rant.

ANF, was rushed characters where underdeveloped and Killing off characters like Joan/Clint and not showing them From The Gallows was dumb same with Max/Lonnie it was to action and forced relationship with Kate and every time I trireme fo keep the peace with David he’s always being an ass.

Michonne had some characters I liked put I wasn’t to much into it, didn’t really give me the same connection like what Lee,Kenny and Clementine did.

1. Season 1: Probably the most coherent and well put together of the bunch. While Around Every Corner remains one of my least favorite episodes overall, the story is so well crafted and the ending remains an emotional hitter.
    2. The Final Season: I'm not on the same boat as everyone else when it comes to hating TuB, I liked it, and TFS is damn near close to beating out S1. Lilly could have been better and some of the other minor characters could have used more development, but when it shines, it not only meets S1's standards, it sometimes surpasses them. And I'm sorry, but TuB hit me far more emotionally than S1 did, and that's saying something.
    3. Season 2: A game that had the unenviable task of coming after the award winning S1. Choices probably mattered the least here than in the other games, and certain characters were wasted, but it had one of my favorite villains in the series, had one of the most difficult choices I've ever made in a Telltale game, and showed Clementine coming into her own as a survivor.
    4. Michonne: It's not bad, just...average, which in a way is worse than bad. Randall was a neat villain, but the rest of the supporting cast was disappointing (looking at you Sam). I understand Michonne's arc, but by the end, her hallucinations became so infuriating that I was done with them and didn't hesitate to escape the burning house.
    5. ANF: I think I said everything I needed to say in my ANF Review Series. This game is a trainwreck. Bland and forgettable characters, Clementine is shoehorned in, the S2 endings are lazily resolved, and FtG is by far the worst episode in the entire series. As for positives...um, Conrad was a good determinant character, in Episode 3 at least, and Javi was a decent protagonist. After that, it's hard to think of genuine compliments for it.
  • Will you be reviewing the final season like 'A New Frontier'?

* Season 1: Probably the most coherent and well put together of the bunch. While Around Every Corner remains one of my least favorite episod

• Come on, can't you just be happy to have your own opinion instead of finding other people to share the same with you?

Will you be reviewing the final season like 'A New Frontier'?

• It was a genuine question that does not reflect my opinion.

Come on, can't you just be happy to have your own opinion instead of finding other people to share the same with you?

• I'm pretty sure you meant for him to do the same treatment to TFS like how he did to ANF.

It was a genuine question that does not reflect my opinion.

• Oh claro, but my opinion has no influence on his views nor other individuals.

I'm pretty sure you meant for him to do the same treatment to TFS like how he did to ANF.

• Even before TuB, I did heavily consider it. While it won't be as critical as ANF because I really loved this season, I did have a few jokes or even skits planned out or considered (I had one in particular dealing with the announcement of Telltale closing that would be at the end of Episode 1's review and carry over into Episode 2). I won't completely rule it out in the future, but right now, I'm more focused on finishing up my senior year of college and looking for jobs. And as some people may already know, TFS is potentially going to be my last play through on my YouTube channel, quite possibly the last thing I ever upload. With how it ended, I wouldn't mind leaving it like that, whether that be the series or the channel. Time will tell, and I wouldn't rule it out, but I'd need a lot of time in order to get it done.

Will you be reviewing the final season like 'A New Frontier'?

• Thank you for the response and I understand, you are like me: you put work before anything else and that is the right thing to do. METALLICA RIFF!!! :D

• S1

S2

Michonne (I liked the development of her kids which was made even better by the recent revelations in the comics)

S4

S3

• edited March 2019
    1. Season One (5/5) - No comments needed

2. Final Season (4/5) - A powerful emotional farewell to Clem's story. It's a bit of a mess but it has great qualities that compensates the flaws.

3. Michonne (3/5) - While pretty short, it was a solid study of the character Michonne. Fun to play and with a bit of depth too.

4. A New Frontier (3/5) - It started pretty well, but it got worse and worse by every episode. Still, it has good characters and it's consistent to some extent. Also fun.

5. Season Two (2.5/5) - A complete mess from start to finish. Boring to play for a big part of it. If it wasn't for Kenny, the ending (it was great indeed) and a few inspired scenes, this would've been a very bad game in my opinion.

• I would replace two with five and vice versa.

• My comprehensive post from however many weeks ago still applies.
    Just add something about TFS kinda sorta trying to be done already and Tenn being wasted.

• Honestly, I feel like I could rank them in order of release and be happy with that. I should probably go back and play New Frontier at some point and see if I've just forgotten how disappointing it was.

Anyway, the funny thing is that the first episode of the Final Season blew me away, and made me feel something that I hadn't since Season 2, but it went downhill fast after that. The events that basically contradicted established lore in the final episode (walkers ignoring gunshots right next to them, for example) was the nail in the coffin for me.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.