For how much long will this website be able to survive?

Comments

• Yup

WarpSpeed posted: »

Somebody's gotta pay the server bills.

• It's only around 5.99 or so to do that type of thing, from what I've heard.

Somebody's gotta pay the server bills.

• Assuming they don't have their own servers (which I imagine they don't), the cost depends on how busy the server is. When Telltale was releasing major games and even hosting a few big downloads, it was probably pretty expensive. With just a few of us poking around the forums, though, I bet it's a lot cheaper.

DabigRG posted: »

It's only around 5.99 or so to do that type of thing, from what I've heard.

• Fair point, fair point.

Assuming they don't have their own servers (which I imagine they don't), the cost depends on how busy the server is. When Telltale was rele

• Holy cow, yeah. People here are right.

I'm checking the website certificate in the Microsoft Edge settings, and this website's URL says it'll be up and running until July 15th. We've got some good time left.

• Honestly I'm just afraid that this site will completely die out nowhere, causing everyone to dissappear and never heard of again

• Same, honestly.

Honestly I'm just afraid that this site will completely die out nowhere, causing everyone to dissappear and never heard of again

• It’s like getting sucked into a black hole.

Honestly I'm just afraid that this site will completely die out nowhere, causing everyone to dissappear and never heard of again

• It's just that nobody's really sure when it's going to hit the event horizon.

It’s like getting sucked into a black hole.

• Over and over again

It’s like getting sucked into a black hole.

• Just like poof, no contact with other people who we had a good time chatting with.

Over and over again

• I'm going to miss this forum, in spite of joining fairly recently. I recall checking that place out like daily when the Batman games were coming out.
    It sucks so much that Telltale has gone under. :/

• To bad Skybound don't have any forum section. If they did we could have some place to migrate to when this place dies.

I'm going to miss this forum, in spite of joining fairly recently. I recall checking that place out like daily when the Batman games were coming out. It sucks so much that Telltale has gone under.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2019

Interesting, it showed me the same log-in problem, but here I am, logged in. Strange. Perhaps the inevitable is upon us...again.

• "Don't do that. Don't give me hope despair."

-Hawkeye

Interesting, it showed me the same log-in problem, but here I am, logged in. Strange. Perhaps the inevitable is upon us...again.

• Oh shit. We back boys.

• And you also are back :smiley:

Joe_Momma posted: »

Oh shit. We back boys.

• I think all the walking dead season is now owed by skybound
    And I think those episodes are hosted in the same servers as this website I think skybound is paying those to keep this servers up I'm not sure tho

• That actually makes sense. If this eventually turns into a redirect to Skybound's site, we'll know for sure.

IanRST posted: »

I think all the walking dead season is now owed by skybound And I think those episodes are hosted in the same servers as this website I think skybound is paying those to keep this servers up I'm not sure tho

• Makes sense.

IanRST posted: »

I think all the walking dead season is now owed by skybound And I think those episodes are hosted in the same servers as this website I think skybound is paying those to keep this servers up I'm not sure tho

• Do my eyes deceive me, or has the certificate for the website been renewed? It looks like a new one was created June 29, and expires Thursday, July 30, 2020. (No guarantees, of course, but it looks like we've borrowed a little more time.)

• edited July 2019

Sweet, this site (hopefully) has another year of full functionality. api and cdn seem to expire around the same date, too.

I thank the one who did this.

Klatuu posted: »

Do my eyes deceive me, or has the certificate for the website been renewed? It looks like a new one was created June 29, and expires Thursday, July 30, 2020. (No guarantees, of course, but it looks like we've borrowed a little more time.)

• You are correct, they have been renewed.
    Who is doing this though ?

Do my eyes deceive me, or has the certificate for the website been renewed? It looks like a new one was created June 29, and expires Thursday, July 30, 2020. (No guarantees, of course, but it looks like we've borrowed a little more time.)

• Holy shit it's actually been renewed. We live to fight another day!

• Fight on, soldiers...

lupinb0y posted: »

Holy shit it's actually been renewed. We live to fight another day!

• expires Thursday, July 30, 2020

Sweet, this site (hopefully) has another year of full functionality

We live to fight another day!

Fight on, soldiers...

site proceeds to die on July 15th, 2019 anyway

• Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby.

AChicken posted: »

expires Thursday, July 30, 2020 Sweet, this site (hopefully) has another year of full functionality We live to fight another day! Fight on, soldiers... site proceeds to die on July 15th, 2019 anyway

• edited July 2019

Oops

• RELEASE ME FROM THIS PRISON!

• I'll get Lee right on that... Wait...

• Did the site just go down for a few minutes or was my internet messing up?

• The site does seem a bit sick lately. I've found that sometimes the main page doesn't have me logged in (as my icon doesn't appear in the corner), however anything past the main page looks normal.

DabigRG posted: »

Did the site just go down for a few minutes or was my internet messing up?

• Yeah I'm having the same issue. Does the website also load really slowly as well or is it just me?

AChicken posted: »

The site does seem a bit sick lately. I've found that sometimes the main page doesn't have me logged in (as my icon doesn't appear in the corner), however anything past the main page looks normal.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I am finding it slow too, even clicking the reply button to post this was laggy.

lupinb0y posted: »

Yeah I'm having the same issue. Does the website also load really slowly as well or is it just me?

• Yeah it's taking me like 10-15 seconds just to load up the reply bar, or post a comment.

OzzyUK posted: »

I am finding it slow too, even clicking the reply button to post this was laggy.

• My only hope now is that Warner Bros Montreal are working on some AAA single player Batman game. It won't ever be as good as Telltale writing wise but that would be something at least.

• Okay, this site has been randomly conking out for up to 20 minutes for the last two or three days now. What gives?

• I can't believe this website is still kicking, and that there are so many recognisable usernames and avatars. I thought for sure this would have turned into a cesspool of spam, if the site was live at all.

Seriously though, what are y'all still doing here? I left this forum seven months ago, judging by my last post (it feels like it's been a lot longer, though). I'm only here now because I started getting sad about The Wolf Among Us 2 again found this site in the Google search results.

It's really nice to see the people that are still here though. Hello! I hope you're all doing well.

I think I've gotten better mentally over this break from the forum- I used to spend so much of my energy criticising Telltale and other relevant games that I just became an all-round grumpy and spiteful person. After quitting this forum (and Telltale's games altogether), the only time I've felt the same mood was around the final episodes of Game of Thrones this year (and I don't even watch Game of Thrones- I've read the books- so I think it was the wider internet's reaction that brought me down.)

btw, not sure if this is new or old news, or if it's even relevant, but the current HTTPS certificate is valid from 04/07/2019 through to 04/08/2020.

• Once they closed I tried to find my old login. I could not remember it so I just made a new account. ?
    So I just started being active here again. ?

hemfbg posted: »

I can't believe this website is still kicking, and that there are so many recognisable usernames and avatars. I thought for sure this would

Sign in to comment in this discussion.