"The Tower" Episode Discussion

Here's our unexpectedly early season finale.

I've enjoyed Season 10 quite a bit, and I hope this episode is good. We're going to meet the Princess and there will be Whisperer shenangians. But it sucks that the actual season finale is postponed - I have to wonder if this episode is going to have a cliff hanger ending. We'll see.

As always, comment before, while, and after you watch.

Comments

• Woah, there is another episode? I hope Princess lives up to expectations.

• This was a really good episode! Very emotional; I really enjoyed the Negan-Lydia bit, the Carol-Kelly bit, and the Daryl-Judith bit. Princess was pretty great too, although her voice isn't as high pitched as I would like. I've always "heard" her in my mind with his high-pitched voice.

• This episode proved that I'm ready for the Whisperer arc to end. Alpha was always the heart of it really.
    The Princess was really stupid and annoying (as expected), but I think she's a great adition to the story. I felt it was a little too early for her to have that whole emotional moment.
    Great moments between Lydia and Negan, Carol and Kelly, Daryl and Judith. Honorable mention to Lydia's actress, great performance.
    I hope we get a confirmation of what happened to Connie, I hate loose ends!
    Is Alden replacing comic Jesus?

• You know, I absolutely hated The Princess in the comic. She always came off as annoying, and she contributed practically nothing to the story. When I saw her for the first time in the show, I groaned, and the first 5 or so minutes of the episode began to validate my fears. But the more the episode went on, and the more I saw of and learned about her, I came to the conclusion...that she’s just as bad, if not worse, than her comic counterpart. God did I want Yumiko to let that arrow fly, but no, just like in the comics, everyone warms up to her and forgives her way too quickly and almost uncharacteristically, when they have been distrustful of people who have done less or had worse sob stories than hers. And for the love of all that is holy, just SHUT UP!

• I've always "heard" her in my mind with his high-pitched voice.

Yeah I always imagined her to have a kind of higher pitched voice, almost kind of like a valley girl. I do like what we got though!

This was a really good episode! Very emotional; I really enjoyed the Negan-Lydia bit, the Carol-Kelly bit, and the Daryl-Judith bit. Princes

• Lol, I liked her character but when you put it that way, the other characters did warm up to her way to damn quickly. After what happened with Mr. Iwontstabyouintheback, they should really be keeping their distance.

You know, I absolutely hated The Princess in the comic. She always came off as annoying, and she contributed practically nothing to the stor

Sign in to comment in this discussion.