Telltale's Most Popular Character: Round of 16 - Part Two

edited May 2020 in General Chat

Update: Voting is over and the results will be announced soon. Thank you for voting.

Comments

• Louis be winning against Rhys what in THE HELL.

• There is no god.

Honestly, at this point I wish there weren't any TWD characters to begin with. Would certainly make the matches more interesting.

(Or the links shouldn't be posted in r/thewalkingdeadgame, it's the most popular telltale subreddit and they'll vote for whatever twd character when they're against non-twd character. Wouldn't be surprised if like 90% of them didn't even play TftB.)

captainivy1 posted: »

Louis be winning against Rhys what in THE HELL.

• Gotta say it.

Jokes aside, like Pipas said r/thewalkingdeadgame really imbalances the polls as its not actually being voted on the actual characters quality. I mean Carley is beating Fiona and now Louis is beating Rhys. Both Carley and Louis are good characters but they dont hold a candle to Rhys and Fiona. The sub is the largest Telltale sub and is filled with people who will blindly vote for whatever Walking Dead character there is nine times out of ten. It makes it incredibly boring because we all know this is just going to end with Clem winning as always.

• If it were up to me, I'd just put Clem against Kenny right now and let them have a meltdown.

Poogers555 posted: »

Gotta say it. Jokes aside, like Pipas said r/thewalkingdeadgame really imbalances the polls as its not actually being voted on the ac

• edited May 2020

To be honest, Clem would have most likely won even if this sub wasn't involved. In fact, if it was up to me, I would have left her out of this poll, for the simple reason that it's quite difficult, if not impossible, to match 4 seasons worth of character development and emotional investment in her character arc, especially when the characters from TWAU and TFTB currently only have a single season to their names.

Gotta say it. Jokes aside, like Pipas said r/thewalkingdeadgame really imbalances the polls as its not actually being voted on the ac

• It’s not really fair, since they post the contest in r/thewalkingdeadgame it’s going to be 100% Walking Dead characters by the end

captainivy1 posted: »

Louis be winning against Rhys what in THE HELL.

• edited May 2020

Especially since I've noticed they didn't post the contest in the TFTB sub.

EDIT: Just saw that they did post on the TWAU and Telltale subs. They just ain't close to the subs the TWDG community has.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

It’s not really fair, since they post the contest in r/thewalkingdeadgame it’s going to be 100% Walking Dead characters by the end

• edited May 2020

I do agree that Clem probably would make it to the finals regardless, but then there are polls like this where it really doesnt make sense as a result. The "better" character being Rhys or Louis is honestly pretty night and day if you played both games, but because a lot of people on the walking dead sub have not, Louis wins. Just sucks that theres an imbalance like that where if this was say a poll out of 200 people and all 200 people played both games, I highly doubt Louis would win.

I feel maybe it should have been done by brackets by game and then semi finals go against other series? I dont know, its just a simple problem with these popularity polls as it becomes much more of a "familiarity poll" rather than an actual poll to judge.

To be honest, Clem would have most likely won even if this sub wasn't involved. In fact, if it was up to me, I would have left her out of th

• RIP Rhys!!! Maybe a sorcerer can help you beat Louis

• In the beginning of the whole competition, I did. But I don't know why I can't post there anymore. It seems they blocked me or something. Although the TFTB subreddit isn't active and I think even if I could post the rest of competition there, nothing would've changed.

Especially since I've noticed they didn't post the contest in the TFTB sub. EDIT: Just saw that they did post on the TWAU and Telltale subs. They just ain't close to the subs the TWDG community has.

• Guys, I know this results aren't to our taste. I'm so upset about this results, too. Although I think someone is ruining the polls. I'm not sure but it's possible. In my opinion we have enough TFTB voters (we all saw Loader Bot defeated Javi, one of the TWDG protagonists). I guess we should wait till the end of the voting. And if I make sure there's fraud in these matches, I will re-hold these two matches, but in a different form.

• edited May 2020

I doubt there are any fraudulent votes going on for any of these polls. Javi is a walking dead protagonist from the weakest of the series and Loader-Bot just barely beat him.

I dont think anyone is actually getting bent and twisted due to the results, I think its just because it became exactly what all of these "most popular Telltale character elimination polls becomes:" "Walking Dead will win 90% of the time due to unfamiliarity of the other series unless its an antagonist in which case they lose, the overall winner will be Clem and in a rare instance Lee." It just gets a bit stale because I dont think there will ever be a genuine Telltale popularity poll based on how well done the character actual is. I mean the reason the Walking Dead villains get voted out even against other series is because for some reason a lot of people go "They were the bad guy, I will not vote for them." Rather than looking at how well crafted the character was at being a bad guy.

Mh-D53 posted: »

Guys, I know this results aren't to our taste. I'm so upset about this results, too. Although I think someone is ruining the polls. I'm not

• edited May 2020

Yeah lmao I don't think there's fraud. There's no incentive for anyone to win, this is just a fun game for us forum users to drive activity.

Still been spreading the poll around to get some Rhys votes though, lol. It's way too close.

I doubt there are any fraudulent votes going on for any of these polls. Javi is a walking dead protagonist from the weakest of the series an

• Glad to hear it my friend. My goal for creating this game is just having some fun with you guys in these days. So sorry if anything bad happens.

Yeah lmao I don't think there's fraud. There's no incentive for anyone to win, this is just a fun game for us forum users to drive activity. Still been spreading the poll around to get some Rhys votes though, lol. It's way too close.

• And also there isn't any "they" man. It's just "me". I always say "we" cause this game is not just for me. It's for everyone who votes in this competition.

It’s not really fair, since they post the contest in r/thewalkingdeadgame it’s going to be 100% Walking Dead characters by the end

Sign in to comment in this discussion.