Bruner House posts job listings for an Unreal Engine 4 project

edited December 2020 in General Chat

Kevin Bruners company is hiring for a Licensed game made in Unreal Engine 4. these listings were posted in January and went unnoticed

“As the senior level designer you'll be part of a creative team developing an innovative and highly creative narrative based game on a major IP.”

https://www.brunerhouse.com/jobs

https://www.brunerhouse.com/
The Bruner House homepage lists their partners as:
Epic Games
CBS Interactive
Gearbox (oh shit oh shit oh shit)
Skybound
NBC Universal

Comments

• Fuck Bruner. He doesn't deserve a gaming studio for himself after what he did to Telltale.

• This guy is still the head of a company?!

And Bruner House is real?! I thought it was some made-up joke someone around here made...

siiigh
    I wanna say I hope he's learned from his mistakes with Telltale, but I guess we'll just have to see how few concepts he tries to milk and how the employees enjoy their time there (or not).

• edited December 2020

The partners have been up there pretty much since when the website first went up just like the jobs. I don't see whatever Bruner is totally cooking because people are totally working for him being something many of us will be concerned about.

Bruner House making a new TFTBL will remain a meme. I don't think we are in the bad timeline.

(Also tfw he just used "partners" as previous partners from Telltale.)

• When did Telltale work with NBC and CBS???

I guess like NBC Universal as in BTTF/Jurassic Park and CBS as Law and Order/CSI?

Poogers555 posted: »

The partners have been up there pretty much since when the website first went up just like the jobs. I don't see whatever Bruner is totally

• CBS would be CSI and NBC is Universal so NBC would be Jurassic Park and Back to the Future. So yes.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

When did Telltale work with NBC and CBS??? I guess like NBC Universal as in BTTF/Jurassic Park and CBS as Law and Order/CSI?

• edited December 2020

That's straight up just deceiptful of him to put that on his website.

Poogers555 posted: »

CBS would be CSI and NBC is Universal so NBC would be Jurassic Park and Back to the Future. So yes.

• Good luck hiring any ex-staff lmao.

• I actually checked the Bruner House Website not that long ago and there was 4 job postings and now there's 2, which is funny that now 2 are finally gone. Guess the new company isnt completely dead in the water.

Good luck hiring any ex-staff lmao.

• I can't believe it's 2020 and we're hearing about this guy again.

"Bruner House is led by Kevin Bruner, the founder and former CEO of Telltale Games. Kevin is a renowned technologist and BAFTA award winning producer."

"Under his guidance, Telltale created a whole new gaming genre and grew into a world class development studio and a leading publisher of interactive content."

more like under his guidance the company crashed into a wall.

• I see Kevin is taking another shot at ruining a company. Wonder how long will this one last.

• Welp, nobody saw this anime saga opening...

I would've said something about giving him the benefit of doubt, but... Uhhh... We all know that this is likely going to go downhill.

• I'll wish him luck, and I genuinely hope he takes what he did wrong at Telltale and ensure he doesn't do that with Bruner House.

By no means am I justifying or sweeping his treatment of Old Telltale Staff under the carpet, that'll be something that'll continue to stick with him, and I don't have a great deal of respect towards him because of it, but the reality here is that he's back with his own studio, and if he wants it to be sustainable, he'll have to treat his staff right rather than crunch them because "crunch is necessary". All eyes are on him as it's well established through documentaries and interviews that he played a big hand in destroying a studio and causing harm to the health of his employees.

In case anyone is wondering why I haven't sharpened my pitchfork or blasted Bruner with my comment, that won't change him being a studio head, it won't really change anything, he's in those shoes so now it's a waiting game to see if he treads down that path he went through at Telltale, or if he'll see the error of his ways and make things different here. Best of luck to the people that apply and land a job there, and fingers crossed that the style of management is less brutal than it was with Telltale in 2015-2017

• edited December 2020

What a cursed timeline.
    Goddamn goatee bearded prick Bruner making a comeback.

Hide yo' wallets and business bank accounts. Brunersuits are coming.

• Sees Skybound Listed
    He Better Keep His Mitts off Clementine I stg.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.