Worst and Best of 2020
Happy New Year, everyone. It is no secret that 2020 is one of, if not, the worst year anyone has ever lived through and you all know it's not just the infamous pandemic. In my opinion, this is easily the worst and you'll know why. Even if that is the case, there are still some positives that happened but that won't change my thoughts on this terrible year. I'mma share my WORST/BEST experience with this format and you may also share yours.
* COVID-19 made me feel like a prisoner. Every time I go shopping myself, I always forget that I have to wear a mask and making college courses through online became boring very quickly.
* My most anticipated games of the year were just plain disappointing. Resident Evil 3 Remake, while I still had fun with it, had no reason to be so poorly developed after RE2 remake. The Last of Us Part 2 was just a painful mess and I don't need to explain why. After winning GOTY (Undeservedly so), I'm never going to waste my time with Game Awards again because they were biased AF and critics has no respect for the gaming industry and I am never looking forward to TLOU Part 3. The only game that I enjoyed this year was Spider-Man Miles Morales.
* There were no movies that got my attention except for The Invisible Man which was pretty good.
* One of my high school classmates passed away at 20 due to cancer on April 2020 and that was a very tragic news for me. She and I weren't really friends, we were just regular colleagues and I remember playing volleyball with her during the gym class, just me and her and that's it. God bless her family and her soul.
* Naughty Dog lost all my respect with their current game and management. False advertising did not save TLOU2 at all and only made things worse. Goodbye my childhood studio.
* I cannot afford a PS5 right now, thus not getting Demon's Souls Remake anytime sooner. Just shit.
* I finally got the time to watch Avatar The Last Airbender for the first time. What the fuck is wrong with me for not watching this show any sooner? I am not a TV viewer as I used to be because I always happen to lose patience, no matter how good the certain series is. This one is a huge exception because it had some of the best writing and pacing I have ever seen in years. My new favorite cartoon. I also enjoyed The Legend of Korra which I think is a worthy successor. I don't understand why people hate it. Of course it's not better than its predecessor but doesn't mean it's bad. I should not be surprised because there were never any good fanbases. There is also The Dragon Prince which came from the head writer of Avatar and the co-director of Uncharted 3. Pretty decent.
* I moved to a new place where the attic became my new room. Lots of space where I can finally walk around just fine without struggle. Not to mention that I bought a new gaming desk and chair.
* Because editting videos became my new hobby, I have my own youtube channel, although I would say my commentary isn't really good and needs to be improved.
* I finally got to watch some korean flicks which I heard did a lot of things different compared to Hollywood. Train to Busan became not just my favorite zombie movie but also one of my favorite movies of all time. Watched it twice. Because of that film, I decided to give a Netflix show called "Kingdom" a shot and it was really good. I also a horror-action film called "I saw the Devil" which is probably the very first horror film that actually scared me to death. It's so scary that it made me afraid to watch it ever again and it wasn't even filled with jumpscares. There is also a Netflix Zombie Korean film called "#Alive" which I thought it was okay. It was too cliche and it wasn't anything special.
I have no good expectations about 2021. I just hope it's at least better than this shit for brains year.
COVID-19 effecting the world.
My grandfather had passed due to old age. (Rest in peace)
School just isn't interesting to me anymore.
My anxiety basically bitch slapped me after a relatively good while of not losing my shit.
I have started to get back into reading, especially comics.
I finally learnt the basics of playing the guitar.
My stepfather has moved in.
I finally finished watching Naruto.
I have gotten into Doctor Who.
I now feel like I am doing the best I've done, considering the past two years...
Let's just hope 2021 is much better, especially with the new COVID vaccine.
I know I don't post often, but here is my Best / Worst list and what I hope for the New Year ahead.
2. Rapidly losing interest in Gaming in General
3. [Sorry, forum policy for no politics]
4. One of my favourite shows (BoJack Horseman) has ended
5. Some crap Movies (Artemis Fowl, Da 5 Bloods, Tenet, Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe) & Programmes (Endeavour, Doctor Who, Castlevania, Star Trek: Picard, The World According to Jeff Goldblum, Fear City: New York vs The Mafia, Muppets Now, Des)
6. The deaths of various celebrities, especially Chadwick Boseman's
1. [No politics]
2. Finally moved into my new room with an Amazon Echo (with Alexa) and a Smart TV
3. Seen some great Movies (1917, Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga, Hamilton, The One and Only Ivan, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Burrow, Soul) & Programmes (BoJack Horseman, White House Farm, Hunted, The Mandalorian, Isolation Stories, Snowpiercer & Primal)
4. A potential vaccine for COVID-19 is now being rolled out
5. [Really sorry, but better than deleting the whole post]
6. Disney+ has finally arrived in the UK
7. The news that my hometown is finally getting a more radical, environmentally friendly makeover over the course of the next few years
Let's hope next year will be great, what with hopefully a job in either security or warehousing heading my way, a new iphone, the release of Hitman 3, Disney+* (Star services), some much needed improvements to my new room to make it more relaxing and with some potentially great movies (No Time to Die, Bob's Burgers: The Movie, Eternals, Dune, The Many Saints of Newark, Last Night in Soho, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Resident Evil, Death on the Nile, Halloween Kills, Spider-Man 3, Zack Snyder's Justice League), Seasons (Primal, Ghosts, Doctor Who, Snowpiercer, Nebula-75) & Shows (Star Wars: Bad Batch, Loki, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, The Book of Boba Fett, The Pembrokeshire Murders, The Watch) down the line
Mod Note: [ ] indicates a change by a mod
Just a general reminder to not do politics.
Besides COVID and other negative events of 2020 would say the best year where me catching up with (The Walking Dead) , watch Ash vs Evil Dead and Santa Clarita Diet, Z Nation and finish Scream through sSream 4 and now finishing off (Scream season 3 ) and play (Dead By Daylight).
Right now what I’m waiting for is Resident Evil : infinite darkness which I’m looking forward to.
I miss going to the movies I hope this COVID BS can end so I can watch the final Jurassic World film.
Your Apologies have been noted and accepted, my good Sir / Madam. May you have a brilliant 2021 ahead of you!!
-Finally got into university
-Got a video editing internship at a media lot downtown
-Got to catch up on a bunch of movies.
-Been resorting to DoorDash for money and working on my own time, which has been more convenient for me during the school year.
-Got let go of my warehouse job
-A couple good friends moved away.
-Media lot might shut down soon due to lack of revenue.
the WAP moment this past year was funny. i liked that bit