What do we know about the original Wolf 2?

We hear all of this hype talk from people, Ms. Krause talking about stuff she wrote that she loved, from the NoClip doc you hear things like "Wolf would've been so shocking for people, it was a complete departure what everybody expected it to be. The lead writer on that, who became the creative director, Nicole Martinez, she had this amazing vision for it." Did anyone find any other interesting comments about Wolf 2, any little snippets of information on twitter or something? Are the devs just not allowed to talk about it? I do hope that some of those people who worked on it can work on the new Wolf 2 if they want to.

Comments

• The original storyline is still owned by somebody, not sure who, and the devs are still under NDA, so they're not going to talk about it. Maybe they will in a few years when it's clear it doesn't matter to anyone anymore.

We know snowflakes were involved somehow, which could have just been the winter season, or a winter-themed fable, or Snow White.

• It was confirmed the Snowflake art was for the setting being the winter.

Whatever was left of the original Wolf 2 would be owned by New Telltale (or it should be at least) as it would be inherited with when they got the Wolf license back as whatever was done on Wolf 2 would have been bundled in there.

All that said I really dont think NDA is truly stopping anyone from talking about it, I think its just simply there isn't much to actually talk about. Stranger Things was "leaked" but its also in plenty of ex-employees portfolio's showing concept art and models and just recently the composer released unused music. Wolf 2's traces left over are super minimal like a pause menu concept idea. Also the fact the concept artist for Wolf 2's very complete portfolio has only one concept art specific for Wolf 2 and it is the literal snowflake image saying the game is delayed which kinda screams "this never got running."

Really seems like Wolf 2 never truthfully got started and was probably just exiting the pre-planning (not even pre-production) stage right as Telltale fell. I dont know why some people kept saying it was going to be "insanely different" but I guess we will never know. The most work done was probably episode 1's script so really its if the writers want to share what it was going to be about.

WarpSpeed posted: »

The original storyline is still owned by somebody, not sure who, and the devs are still under NDA, so they're not going to talk about it. M

Sign in to comment in this discussion.